Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road
Default Remixes - fair use?

So, I want to use an Alizee remix in one of my upcoming beauty videos. It's a remix of Mademoiselle Juliette, and from what I can remember, the acoustic version was uploaded to Myspace years ago for remix purposes. Doesn't that mean it's now public domain?

I see people using remixes and even just original songs in their Youtube videos and they have partnerships that generally don't allow you to use copyrighted material.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
So, I want to use an Alizee remix in one of my upcoming beauty videos. It's a remix of Mademoiselle Juliette, and from what I can remember, the acoustic version was uploaded to Myspace years ago for remix purposes. Doesn't that mean it's now public domain?

I see people using remixes and even just original songs in their Youtube videos and they have partnerships that generally don't allow you to use copyrighted material.
When you upload the video, youtube asks you to acknowledge the owner of the content. They won't remove the video and tell you that ads might appear.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post

Anything is technically fair use if it is cited and you are using it for education/informative purposes
i.e. you are not making money off of it!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!