Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
We've had many members from all over the world, and today, maybe 5 or 6 of us active members are in the US, with everyone else representing other locations. I think at this point, if we want to build a community for all Alizée fans, we should come up with a new name. Especially if the Discord server is not meant to be a replacement for Alizée America.
There is a reason why Alizee sites are regional, and that is because of language. As far as I can tell, there are no native auto-translators on Discord. I see there is at least one add-on that can do translations, but at a cost. The more it's used, the more it costs. Otherwise, do we really want an international community all communicating in their native languages? From a moderating point of view, it would be a nightmare.

Don't underestimate the importance of our brand, which is Alizée America. Alizée knows us well. She has received gifts from us and there are a number of YouTube videos of her saying hello to us. There are videos posted from Scruffy representing AAm. If you do a Google search with Alizée as the search word or part of the search word, AAm comes up as one of the top results. Our threads have been crawled by every major search engine out there.

It's my opinion that starting from scratch would be a mistake, but that is only my opinion. We had a member in here not that long ago promoting his new Alizee site. It lasted two months and no longer exists. If the majority decides to start fresh, then I'll go with the flow and no feelings hurt, but there is value in name recognition.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Are all of these forums gone or are there still a couple that linger on? As someone who joined AAm only this year, I got the impression that it must've evolved into the place for English-speakers, and that perhaps there were other forums for those speaking Russian, Spanish, Italian etc. Considering how you see fans from all over the world in YouTube comment sections and on Instagram, are we sure all the other forums are gone?
Alizee Ukraine still exists and I believe that Alizee Spain does to, but it is just a flickr site. They are mainly picture warehouses and no way to chat or communicate with other members. It just highlights the uniqueness of what we have going here at AAm. Before we all rush off and start a new thing, we need to consider what will be lost, and a bunch of old threads is not the only thing.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-22-2020 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts