Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Her best solo album?
5 30 71.43%
Une Enfant Du Siecle 3 7.14%
Psychedelices 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Psychedelices was good, Une Enfant Du Siecle was much better, and 5 is better still. I'm far, far happier with it than I allowed myself to expect. I'd probably put Une Enfant Du Siecle as second favourite behind Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques and Psychedelices in final place.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 AM

LaCandida95 is on a distinguished road

I havent bough the CD yet, but, Ive listened to all the songs. I love them all! My most favorite is A Cause De L'Automne. I love the use of orchestral instruments in her new album. I was so anxous to her the new album! Im very satisfied, and I think the critics agree. But, I do love Une Enfant Du Siecle out of all her albums. Its the first album I listened to when I discovered Alizee, and my first song was Les Collines. Its unique from all the others.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 AM

battousai is on a distinguished road

I love 5 but still love Psychedelices just a bit more. Maybe if 5 didn't have so many short songs I would love it more.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

This is by far my favorite Alizée solo album. I didn't feel that way the first time I heard it, but lately I've noticed that out of every album that I own, this one puts me into a relaxed state of mind. It's her best work yet, which surprised me because I was kind of disappointed with Psych and UEDS. (That doesn't mean there aren't songs on those two albums that I like, it just means that overall, I wouldn't find myself listening to the whole album like I do for "5.")

Every single song on "5" relaxes me, and I think the album as a whole fits very well together. On Psych and UEDS, there were songs that I would only listen to maybe once or twice a year, such as "Factory Girl". But I've been listening to the "5" album in its ENTIRETY for the past few weeks and haven't gotten sick of it. In fact, I've liked it even more than I did before.

Also wanted to add that I think I have a greater appreciation for her voice and musical style now than I did before. I think once I got over the "oh my god I'm in love with her" phase, I can finally focus on just my love for her music rather than on "crazed fan" type stuff.

I do miss the old Mylene days where she was all cute with her awesome dancing and sensual pop songs, and those days will always be an important chapter in my life, but I'm glad she moved on and is finding her place in the industry. There's a chance she will continue to improve.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I must say that I was unsure of this album as I first listened to it. I skipped many songs the first several times as I searched for her higher pitched voice as in PTB. I just couldn't get past some of the opening "Talk/Sing" lines. Well, Last week I took a long road trip and I could concentrate on the album at a much higher cruising volume. What a difference! I listened to all of the albums, yet I kept coming back to 5!
Boxing Club is my favorite for cruising down the highway. A Cause De L'Automne comes in 2nd for me. Then Mon Chevalier. As I recall I had to listen to Psych and UEDS several times at different volume settings to appreciate them. I'd have to say 5 is a 1.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Wizard is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Old thread, but even so, I thought I'd offer my 2 cents worth on this topic, as one of the more recent members of this forum and new fan of Alizée. It's hard for me to pick a favorite album- they all seem so different from each other, and they are each very good albums. I may be in the very small minority here, but I really like Psychédélices (particularly- Par Les Paupières, Lonely List, Idéaliser) and Une Enfant Du Siècle- (especially- Limelight, La Candida and Mes Fantômes). Both are dramatically different from all her previous work- her voice just seems to haunt you with her rich tones. When it came to 5, it took a while for it to grab me. It took some time, but over the course of the last few weeks, I started listening to all the songs on 5, paying particular attention to the lyrics, and suddenly- it just embedded itself in my brain. I consider 5 to be one the best albums I've ever heard I think she has a real winner here- 5 Stars (out of 5)
Old 07-29-2013, 02:30 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

I think 5 is her best album after she split from MF & LB duo. I Like the choice of instruments (with less electro type music) and my favorites are Le dernier souffle, Boxing club and La guerre en dentelle. I like the flowing rhythms of Le dernier souffle and Boxing club, and I get the feeling that a greater amount of work has been done for this album than previous two.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
I think 5 is her best album after she split from MF & LB duo. I Like the choice of instruments (with less electro type music) and my favorites are Le dernier souffle, Boxing club and La guerre en dentelle. I like the flowing rhythms of Le dernier souffle and Boxing club, and I get the feeling that a greater amount of work has been done for this album than previous two.
Before I agreed 100%, but not I am starting to agree 200% with you! I'm liking this album more and more and more!

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I think 5 is the best in "absolute" terms, but I place so much sentimental value on Psychedelices that I can't really choose...
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee 5

So what does everyone think of the new album? What song do you like the most? It has been out for roughly 5 months now, everyone has had a chance to analyze it and get a feel for the music. Rate It -