Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-30-2019, 08:05 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Maybe Alizee got lasik surgery? I remember someone got that done once and you gotta cover up your eye for a long time or something, at least a long time ago it was like that.. who knows I think she is doing okay either way
Old 03-31-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
Maybe Alizee got lasik surgery? I remember someone got that done once and you gotta cover up your eye for a long time or something, at least a long time ago it was like that.. who knows I think she is doing okay either way
That’s a thought—I was thinking it might be some kind of eye surgery, too. But I had lasik a number of years ago, and you don’t have to completely cover your eyes like that, though you do need dark glasses thevfirst day and to wear sunglasses a lot afterwards. I was watching TV the same night after I had the surgery. But eye surgery of some type is, I think, the most likely explanation for a completely bandaged eye.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
Y’know, I think she is “pretty ok” right enough, judging by her IG “story” posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
That’s a thought—I was thinking it might be some kind of eye surgery, too. But I had lasik a number of years ago, and you don’t have to completely cover your eyes like that, though you do need dark glasses thevfirst day and to wear sunglasses a lot afterwards. I was watching TV the same night after I had the surgery. But eye surgery of some type is, I think, the most likely explanation for a completely bandaged eye.
Yeah, I think you are pretty much right. I should have thought of that, to be honest.

Generally, with "Lasik" it really just requires you to keep your eyes covered for about a day or so “max”.

However, with some people, “myself” for example, "Lasik" would not be “appropriate”, for a I have a lot of “exposed’ optic nerve in the back of my eye, so you could imagine what kind of effect it would have on that.

There are various forms of treatment applicable to that sort of thing, and it usually involves implanting a “lens”, or, “lenses”, into the eye, to correct the vision in the appropriate fashion.

A very “minor” procedure, but it does mean that you have to keep the eye covered for up to 2 weeks or more, per eye, which is what we might be seeing here.

Anyhow, regardless of the situation, it goes without saying that, as always, I wish “herself”, and Greg, nothing but “health”, “love”, “happiness” and “wealth”.

Be “excellent to each other”, y’all.

Last edited by RedRafe; 03-31-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Old 03-31-2019, 11:00 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe looks around, “twiddles thumbs”, whistles a bit, very “tunelessly”…

Well, so much for “shutting up”, right now…

In the meantime, you may want to go and check out Jo Jacotey’s Instagram feed, for he has been “showing off” a lot of really “stunning” “pics”…

His “feed” has been very “varied”, and ranges from his “local area”, and Corsica in “general”, to his “hobbies” and some really “truly beautiful” Corsican women.

The only “snag” is, he does not keep his stuff “posted” for very long, and changes his “feed” very regularly, so if you miss a “pic” you want to “save”, you had better do it quickly, for if you don’t, it’s probably gone.

He had posted a “pic” of this “truly stunning” Blonde “cutie”, posing with a Beretta M9, and I just saw it for a few seconds, before it was “gone’. Awwwww Maaannnnn… I could have found myself being “seriously in love”, (or something), with that one…

She would have been most utterly welcome at the “Range”, this morning. Far better company than “Bubba” with his two “beer guts” hanging out of his t-shirt, or “Li’l Mr Tacticool” who had gotten himself all the “latest”, “bestest” gear, but couldn’t “shoot for shit”…

Said it before, will probably say it again, this gentleman has some “true talent”, and his “monochrome” “studies” of Alizée are just “truly breathtaking’. Seriously, track them down if you have a chance, and you will understand what I mean.

He really has an “eye for beauty”, and the “heart of an artist”, and overall, makes “Corsica”, its “places”, and it’s “inhabitants”, look like a “small slice of heaven”.

Go check his stuff out, for I can’t really post if for you, for I’m not on “Instagram”, or “Facebook”, or anything of that sort, (not allowed due to “NDO agreements” with “ex-employers”) so I can’t really see the “stories” and “stuff”, nor post most of the really “good bits”, and people get rightfully “upset” when I “waffle” on about “stuff” and don’t show it.

My “bad”, but is not possible.

As for Corsica, I’ve been there once, in my life, and saw absolutely nothing of it really, apart from a lot of “Sea” and some very pretty “coastline”.

I had just been promoted to “Captain”, so that means I had just turned 25, and we were doing a course at the FFL “Diving School”, for them, with regard to “Combat Diving” and “Combat Kayaking”, over the course of 3 days, and I saw nothing of anything that was “non-military”, which from what I see of the place now, was a great “loss”.

“Chances” or “plans”, for going to Corsica now, (“scratches head” and thinks deeply), “none”, to, “utterly none”, for “Life” will just not “allow” it, at all, and anyhow, I am probably the “WORST” Alizée fan EVER.

If I passed her in the street I would probably just give her a “small smile”, or a “nod of recognition”, and would not “engage”, unless I was “prompted”, by “herself”, so to speak.

That’s if I hadn’t already “fainted”, “pee’d my pants”, “threw up”, or lost all powers of speech, “English”, or my very limited “French”.

If I found myself, perchance, passing her “front door”, and she “emerged”, I’d probably “throw my hands in the air” and run away “screaming like a 2 year old”.

Seriously, what is it about this “little lady” that makes me feel like a very “bashful” 12 year old.

Ordinarily I have utterly no problems with the “opposite sex”, whatsoever, at all…

I’m not at all “cute”, but have “wit”, “old world charm”, “a very sharp intellect”, “wonderful insights”, a “cute” Scottish accent and, a “great sense of humor”, to boot, and trust me, when the “situation”, and “person” is “appropriate”, am “smoother than powdered Silk”… Usually it’s “Game, Set, Match”, to “me”.

However, one look at Alizée, and that’s “all gone bye bye”…

I swear she is here to teach this particular “Buddhist” the virtue of “humility”, for she seems to manage that repeatedly, and “effortlessly”.

It’s maybe a “blessing” that we’ll never “meet”, for I’m pretty sure I probably would not “survive it”.

Anyhow, enough waffling from me, go check out Jo’s IG “stuff”…

If anyone “needs” anything, or the “SHTF”, or, if indeed “something wonderful” happens, then “PM” me, or “slap me around the back of the head”, or “something”…

<RedRafe steps back into the shadows, to “continue” his “meditations”, on “former glories” and “times gone past”, etc, etc ,etc…>

Last edited by RedRafe; 04-01-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Old 04-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Go check his stuff out, for I can’t really post if for you, for I’m not on “Instagram”, or “Facebook”, or anything of that sort, (not allowed due to “NDO agreements” with “ex-employers”) so I can’t really see the “stories” and “stuff”, nor post most of the really “good bits”, and people get rightfully “upset” when I “waffle” on about “stuff” and don’t show it.

My “bad”, but is not possible.
You don't have to join anything, especially if you can already see his feed. Screenshot the images and post them easy peasy
But on that note, I'm glad you're at least able to join AAm. (unless you aren't, in which case "don't ask don't tell" as they say )
Old 04-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I knew a guy who suffered a detached retina in one eye after his Lasik. He had to wear an eye patch for a while. It's not to say that Alizee had Lasik, but a detached retina can occur due to a number of reasons and the success rates of reattachment are in the 90%+ range.

Or she could have an eye infection.

Or maybe she did bump it and it bruised and she chose to cover it. If there is a woman with a bruised eye, what is the first thing people think of? She might have put on the patch herself to protect her husband from speculation.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:31 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking this is an April Fools joke.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The singer Alizee moves to California

Like the actor M. Depardieu. Fatigue taxes and gone live in Russia. The singer Alizee also said that the climate was deteriorating in Corsica. Too much wind says the singer. It's the question of time. Probably in the fall Next.

Pure exchanges
Old 04-01-2019, 11:56 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I'm thinking this is an April Fools joke.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The singer Alizee moves to California

Like the actor M. Depardieu. Fatigue taxes and gone live in Russia. The singer Alizee also said that the climate was deteriorating in Corsica. Too much wind says the singer. It's the question of time. Probably in the fall Next.

Pure exchanges

The wind comment seems really suspect.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The time I went to the Studio in Ajaccio last year, on the first day I arrived in Corsica, the wind almost blew the hat off my head (I typically wear a baseball style cap). I almost turned around and left that day!
Old 04-05-2019, 01:07 AM
Neutral Good

Hmm, consider this post a sort of “bump”, with a large “side order” of “waffle’…

Well, it’s been an interesting past couple of days, in more ways than “one”…

I’m pretty sure I’ve been “smacked around the back of the head” a couple of times in the last “few”, so here I am…

à votre service, comme toujours, et sera toujours…

Now, It might surprise you to know that, despite my very deep “military technical” and “medical” background, not to mention all the “runny”, “shooty”, “jumpy”, “swimmy”, “climby”, and, “falling out of things” stuff that I had to do, (and was very very good at, may I add ), I have a very “deep” and “profound”, spiritual “side”, apart from being “nominally” “Buddhist”, and am a “devout” believer in “synchronicity”.

Let me give you an example…

I will admit to being more than slightly troubled by Alizée’s recent prolonged “vacation”, which is just, undoubtedly, pure utter “selfishness” on my part, which I ashamedly apologize for, for “herself” gets to “have a life”, if you know what I mean, and the “happier, the better”, as far as I am concerned, for I wish nothing else for her, and Greg.

Anyhow, so, there I am, at “work”, up the very top of a 40 ft ladder, “unsecured”, because of the awkward position I had to be in, making some very delicate repairs, “bored out of my mind”, contemplating the “most wondrous enigma”, that is Alizée, and what could be “going on”, and then all of a sudden, the “canned musak” that had been “droning on” in the background, “let rip” with “La Isla Bonita”.

No, we are not talking the “Lizard lips”, oops, sorry, Madonna “version”, IT WAS Alizée. YES Alizée. THAT IS THE FIRST TIME I PERSONALLY HAVE EVER HEARD Alizée on the mainland U.S.A., on anything other than any of my “devices”.

To say I was surprised is/was probably the greatest understatement ever. I sort of, ermmm, “slipped”, and came down that ladder like a “greased Ferret”, and probably recorded my “second” fastest vertical “descent”, without a “Parachute’, ever.

I was so surprised I didn’t even have time to “scream”, or ‘curse”…

So I get to the bottom, quicker than I really would have “liked”, and the only thing I could think of to say was, “omigod, that was Alizée”…

Well, my “friend’ at the bottom of this ladder, who was supposed to be “securing” it, but unashamedly ran off when I kind of “forcibly decamped” from my “niche” up top of the ladder, turns and points down an aisle, and “squeaks”, there she is, is that her???

I couldn’t help it… I honestly knew better… I did… Honest…

But I spent the next five minutes going, where, where, where, where…

Until it “hit” me…

This is Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood country, in fact, until very recently, they used to be “locals”, and I’ve met both of them repeatedly, and, quite a few other local “celebs”, such as Wes Studi, and Kramer from Seinfeld, to name but a few.

Bearing that in mind, my friend, he wouldn’t have known Alizée if she came over to him and kissed him on the forehead…

So “Alizée”, well, she was that cute blonde girl that he had just ‘spotted”, that he thought I had been talking about…

Yeah, so, Alizée in East Central Oklahoma… NAW…

But, just for a second…

Anyhow, “synchronicity”…

I’m thinking about Alizée, and then up “pops” Alizée singing “La Isla Bonita”, (which for some stupid reason I associate with Alizée, and, Corsica, even though I know it’s not), followed by “UB40 (I Can’t Help) Falling In Love With You”…

Expect “incoming” news soon, methinks, if I “read” this one correctly, “Tarot” and “I Ching” reinforce this…

“Changes”, and, “movement”, “soon”.

Annnd, some "Avocado Rolls" and some really good "Saké", ‘cos it’s been a long hard week so far, and I might just deserve it…

Y’all be safe, please take care, and if you ever need anything, I’m here, somewhere, “out in the shadows”, as usual…

Last edited by RedRafe; 04-05-2019 at 11:37 AM..