Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Clarifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
What? What are you refering to?
( I maybe miss something...)
I thought maybe you could find some time to show a poor but polite American exchange student some interesting things in Paris, perhaps which involve Alizée, before he returns to the US at the end of next month. This could include a jeune fille or two, but need not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
What about your 'extensive video' documentation' of the dédicace? Was it professionally done?
People here have saved both professional and amateur video. When he returns, you can ask Scruffydog777 about the collection - or automatically search the forums if you are impatient.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
People here have saved both professional and amateur video. When he returns, you can ask Scruffydog777 about the collection - or automatically search the forums if you are impatient.
So they are on the forum here? I guess that's the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to know if they were going to be more difficult to view than that.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:45 AM

Unhappy The sorrow of a violent historical legacy

http://books.google.com/books?id=IXXQJAdFBdMC
Feuding, Conflict and Banditry in Nineteenth-Century Corsica
Author: Stephen Wilson
Publisher: Cambridge University Press, 2003
ISBN: 0521522641, 9780521522649
Length: 576 pages

Book overview

"Corsica is associated in many people's minds with vendetta and banditry, but these phenomena have not been studied systematically. Using accounts by visitors and officials and particularly judicial records, this book provides such a study for the nineteenth century. Accounts of specific feuds lasting over many generations are given, including that which inspired Mérimée's Colomba, and the whole phenomenon is set in its proper context of competition for scarce material resources and power in a traditional agro-pastoral society. Attitudes to death and the dead are examined, and reveal a divergence between local practice and belief and official Christianity, and the persistence of the notion that the spirit of the slain requires to be placated with blood. A general theme is the impact upon an isolated traditional society, and its system of sanctions, of incorporation into a modern state with courts and police."
Old 05-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

My opinion is that this movie is the best way to understand modern Corsica ...
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 AM

Wink Some like it hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
My opinion is that this movie is the best way to understand modern Corsica ...
I an relieved at this choice of film. I was fearful Bigdan might have named Corsica Hot Sex!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Corsica the poorest part of France??? Utter Bullshit O.O You can barely count the number of +1 Milllion € Villas and Mansions in the littoral area around Ajaccio, and I'm not even talking about Corsica as a whole ! The housing prices keep increasing and 10 years from now I'm not even sure that my family could afford Alizée's parents house in ajaccio and I'm all but the poorest guy in town.

If you wanna know how the poorest among france's poorest towns look like you should start by looking at northern france (where she recently did the mona fm interview) , close to calais etc.. It's exactly what happened to Detroit, there was once a flourishing industry there, car factories etc ... and suddenly everything stopped when they started moving factories to asia.

Seriously guys if you are in the richest districts of Paris full of the french elites , you just have to drive 4 hours heading north , and you'll think you're in serbia or something

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-05-2013, 06:54 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Poorest? I've heard the most undeveloped part of France not the poorest.

I always suggest to people on this board that they should spend some time with Google Street view up in the small communities in the mountains to get a real feel for the average Corsican's life. The more time I spend "outside" the larger cities on the coasts with Google Earth street view, the more I really want to visit Alizée's Island.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Well according to the the lonely planet guide I have.. Porto Vecchio is a hotspot for the rich and famous, mainly because of the vibe the town gives off aswell as the sheer beauty of the place. There's many beautiful places to visit in Corsica though so I highly recommend that guide to anyone thinking about going there. I visited Porto Vecchio myself aswell as Bonifacio and other towns along the way but at the end of the day Ajaccio will always be the town of all towns and heart of the island for me.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 06-05-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
the most undeveloped part of France not the poorest.

I always suggest to people on this board that they should spend some time with Google Street view up in the small communities in the mountains to get a real feel for the average Corsican's life.
If by undeveloped you mean managed to preserve its nature , then hell yes!
All those small villages and communities live there because they chose to
It's not like they're forced into poverty and have to live away from the cities, many of them are heirs of ancient families of land owners, nobles or rich winemakers who've got to take care of their familial property .

On the other hand , people from lower Normandy or Picardy in northern france, are there because they can't afford to move and have to endure tough daily lives... sometimes worse than the suburbs of liverpool.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 PM

lalorocks is on a distinguished road

I just know that as Barcelona, in Corsica there is a radical group that wants independence from France.

Tags
corsica, france, part, poorest, region