Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-29-2019, 04:42 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! You've arranged a showy retirement party for Alizée.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:52 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Congratulations! You've arranged a showy retirement party for Alizée.

I haven't done anything really. Really even if we all were fervently wishing she'd come back, she almost certainly wouldn't anyway.

I don't envy your preference, and am glad I'm happy the way things are now. Good luck to you.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I would consider Alizee a success even in my own definition of it.

In a world obsessed with making lots of money and being famous, Alizee is a breath of fresh air.
I completely agree!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

The success of her in the eyes of the world meant little to Alizee. The success of her in the eyes of her daughter meant everything.

Attachment 2861
What a beautiful point. I think you’ve said it all!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 09-29-2019 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-29-2019, 10:12 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

What a beautiful point. I think you’ve said it all!
Concurred 😀
Old 09-30-2019, 01:22 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

I don't think Silencio is saying that he wants Alizee to be unhappy.

He just wishes that Alizee was happy in the Madonna way, rather than the Alizee way.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

You can't compare Alizée and Madonna in that way. I read Madonna's net worth is about 800 million dollars. She has homes in New York, Hollywood, Lisbon and London and I wouldn't be surprised if she has homes in other locations. I'm sure if Alizee had 800 million dollars, she would have just one home and it would be a very modest home and it would be in Ajaccio. What makes Alizée happy I'm sure wouldn't be enough for the material girl.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-01-2019 at 08:12 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 12:11 PM

I wasn't talking about money. Strange, though, how are you seeing success in the eyes of Alizée. If the only thing she ever needed was a calm peaceful life in Ajaccio with a husband, a number of children, Galak and Jon Snow, then why she appeared on Graines de Star in 1999? Why she continued to record new albums even after several unsuccessful attempts? Why she performed, including singing performances, up to 2018? Wouldn't it be easier to stay in Ajaccio in 1999, meet a nice local guy, marry him, have kids and live peacefully and happily? I'm sure thousands of people in Corsica live like that and don't even dream of fame and popularity. Generally, it doesn't take 20 years to achieve that.

Don't forget that Madonna has always been her idol and motivator. Here she motivates Alizée once again saying that she should not fall into oblivion and should keep on doing what she's doing the best: singing.

Quote:
What are you waiting for?
Nobody's gonna show you how
Why work for someone else
To do what you can do right now?
They say that a good thing never lasts
And then it has to fall
Those are the people that did not
Amount to much at all
You're only here to win
Get what they say?
You're only here to win
Get what they do?
They'd do it too
If they were you

You done it all before
It ain't nothing new
The highlighted text clearly refers to talented artists that bend over backwards to gain some popularity but are unsuccessful only because they are not as beautiful as Alizée.

Last edited by Silencio; 10-01-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wasn't talking about money. Strange, though, how are you seeing success in the eyes of Alizée. If the only thing she ever needed was a calm peaceful life in Ajaccio with a husband, a number of children, Galak and Jon Snow, then why she appeared on Graines de Star in 1999? Why she continued to record new albums even after several unsuccessful attempts? Why she performed, including singing performances, up to 2018? Wouldn't it be easier to stay in Ajaccio in 1999, meet a nice local guy, marry him, have kids and live peacefully and happily? I'm sure thousands of people in Corsica live like that and don't even dream of fame and popularity. Generally, it doesn't take 20 years to achieve that.
Are you really comparing a 15 year old girl to a woman in her 30s? When I was 15, I didn't even know what my favorite Dragon ball episode was... How could a young girl know and choose what she wants for the rest of her life? Especially when you are so young that you dream a lot about your future...
Also, people change during their life. There are many actors, sportsmen, singers (and "normal" people as well) who decided to leave their professional careers in order to do something else.
For example, you might know Nico Rosberg, 2016 F1 world champion. He won the title, then decided to retire when he was just 31. This has happened only twice in more than 70 years of this sport. He said that his job took too much time from him and he wanted to devote himself to his family. I don't think he was aware of that when he began his career. He was pretty happy when he was a driver and he is pretty happy now. Life goals change over time. I think this is the answer.
Alizée just tries to do what she thinks makes her happy. Obviously she has made some mistakes, like anyone.
Moreover at the beginning everything happened so quickly: graines de star, moi... Lolita, the second album, the tour, the marriage, the child, the break with Mylene, her wish to show that she could work well on her own. And at this moment of her life she was only 22/23! Then there is her divorce... Now she is 35 and still young to do a lot of things.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 10-01-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee has said on numerous occasions that she was lucky. So lucky in fact, that the competition that Mylene discovered her on, Alizee was supposed to be dancing. A mistake put her in the singing competition. Without that lucky break, the chances of her making it into show biz anyway would probably be very low.

Madonna came on the music scene at the right time. There were a lot of dollars backing her up. She was driven to be the queen of pop and have international fame and fortune, and she did it, so good for her.

Is this the formula for happiness though? Was the primary motivation of Madonna to create music and perform or to make a fortune? She influenced millions of girls and young women on what clothes to wear and how their hair was cut. Her sexual liaisons and fantasies were made public... in the book "Sex". She profited from everything.

At the same time, her relationships and marriages ended in failures, one after the other. If she wants to go from one person to another, that is her choice, but it is not the right choice for every person, especially those that are loyal, like Alizee.

Madonna, now at 60, can't even sell out a smaller venue for a concert. It has to be torture for her. What legacy is she going to leave behind? She can't take her money with her, so what will be on her mind during her last days? Her regret would be that if she made another 200 million she would be a billionaire? I doubt it.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Alizee has said on numerous occasions that she was lucky. So lucky in fact, that the competition that Mylene discovered her on, Alizee was supposed to be dancing. A mistake put her in the singing competition. Without that lucky break, the chances of her making it into show biz anyway would probably be very low.
As far as I know, before Mylene discovered her, Alizée has made several attempts to win the contest. First, she intended to perform as a dancer, found out that the dancers' part of the contest was for groups only, therefore she performed as a singer. Her first attempt with "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez was unsuccessful, after which she practiced at home about a month and finally won with "Ma Prière" by Axelle Red. This shows how purposeful girl she was back then and that her further success wasn't only a matter of luck.

Quote:
Was the primary motivation of Madonna to create music and perform or to make a fortune? She influenced millions of girls and young women on what clothes to wear and how their hair was cut. Her sexual liaisons and fantasies were made public... in the book "Sex". She profited from everything.
Making money doesn't always mean doing a bad thing. Some people read such books end enjoy it.

Quote:
Madonna, now at 60, can't even sell out a smaller venue for a concert. It has to be torture for her.
I don't know what you mean. Madonna's current Madame X Tour consists of 92 scheduled shows. For comparison, the total number of concerts held at Alizée's En Concert Tour was 42.

Quote:
What legacy is she going to leave behind? She can't take her money with her, so what will be on her mind during her last days? Her regret would be that if she made another 200 million she would be a billionaire? I doubt it.
She is still referred to as the "Queen of Pop", has 14 highly successful studio albums and a large influence on the world culture. You can read about her legacy here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonn...tainer)#Legacy

She has 6 children, including 2 her own. I think she will have nothing to regret.

Like Alizée, Madonna studied dance at the very beginning but pursued her career as a singer. And don't forget that she is also an actress!

Quote:
At the same time, her relationships and marriages ended in failures, one after the other. If she wants to go from one person to another, that is her choice, but it is not the right choice for every person, especially those that are loyal, like Alizee.
I didn't mean that Alizée should hop from one man to another. I only talked about her professional life when gave the example of Madonna.