Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road
Default Confederations Cup Thread

Hello Football Fans,

You guys are following the Confederations Cup? I think Espana has a good shot at winning it.

Note: This thread is about football.

Last edited by Ali; 06-17-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

F*** italy, F*** rossi, and F*** chliean refs. That is all.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

ahaha lol fish. Well so far, Itally-USA. (3-1) Itally won, the refs were a freaking joke, come on dam to many fouls that havent been called, and the ones that were, they were so bogus. Brazil-Egypt. (4-3). I have to say i didnt except Egypt to play so dam good. But that last goal teh penalty shot on the count of the arm call. To me it looked like more of a sholder, but looknig close at hte replay i guess u can see the defender used his arm to block the shot. Is it me or Brazil is weaker this year then last year.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 AM
euuuhhhhh

The red card was a load of sheet, and it cost us a chance to win the game. We were playing toe to toe with them the entire first half, and all 3 goals can be traced to Rico's red card: The first two shots were taken from about the same spot, where Clark would be playing a destroyer role, and the third was against an obviously gassed squad who was forced to push numbers forward playing with 3 defenders. The worst part about that red is that Clark was only in the bad position he was in BECAUSE HE GOT FOULED. Camoranesi I think it was.

And if Rico's foul was a red, what the flying hell did that ref think AN ELBOW TO THE FACE was? A friggin' yellow! Its ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the defender CATAPULTING off Donovan in the box.

Yes we flubbed two great chances in the first half. The guys that had the opportunity were 19 and 21 and have already learned from that. But even in spite of ourselves, in spite of the ref, we were in a position to get a point from this game- but ultimately the ref ruined any chance we had at winning this game, and it wasn't a snowball's chance in hell by any means.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
F*** italy, F*** rossi, and F*** chliean refs. That is all.
Well said my fellow France supporter. I mean, where do I begin. First of all, we were kicking those dirty cheating Italian a$$es in the first half. It was only after our guy got red carded that everything went down hill. It wasn't even a red card those Italian cheaters exaggerated and over dramatized it and the referee fell for it. If that was a foul then what about when Landon was physically pushed in the penalty box by the Italians which would have caused us to get an automatic penalty. Or the time when one of our players where totally upended by one of those dirty cheats, why wasn't that a red card against cheating Italy. It was kind of hard to play with one man down we can't close on the guys on as fast enough that why those dirty cheaters had all these space to shoot. I mean I see these diving cheating antics in every damn tournament. It happened in '02, '06, '08 and it is happening now. When they are losing like they were in that game they resort to cheating, it happened to Australia in '06 when that cheater Grosso dived in the penalty box getting them a penalty and Australian losing. I mean those the refree needs to give an automatic red next time these guys dive.
And why is Rossi playing for them I thought he was born in the States, Oh I forgot, he hates America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
ahaha lol fish. Well so far, Itally-USA. (3-1) Itally won, the refs were a freaking joke, come on dam to many fouls that havent been called, and the ones that were, they were so bogus. Brazil-Egypt. (4-3). I have to say i didnt except Egypt to play so dam good. But that last goal teh penalty shot on the count of the arm call. To me it looked like more of a sholder, but looknig close at hte replay i guess u can see the defender used his arm to block the shot. Is it me or Brazil is weaker this year then last year.
Yeah I was surprised too at how good Egypt was against Brazil, I mean they were going toe to toe with them. They almost tied them. Mohammed Zidane is great player but he is not the Zinedine Zidane of France.

Last edited by Ali; 06-18-2009 at 01:52 AM..
Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 AM
euuuhhhhh

Egypt isn't a pushover, I think too many people wrote them off. Before the group started, any of the 4 teams could have advanced and it wouldn't have been surprising, but now the USA and Egypt are fighting uphill. If one can get a result Thursday, it will be possible.

My hope for our game vs Brazil is that they don't play joga bonito anymore. They scored 3 very un-Brazilian goals against Egypt's defense- 3 goals that the USA doesn't let in. They have a better attack than we do but I feel like we can put 1 or 2 on them.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Once again guys, if you're going to talk about football, you have to keep it civilized. That means "PG" level language.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:14 AM

banshee is on a distinguished road

What the heck happened to my post. Well this is what I wanted to say about the game.

That game was a total disgrace. Those Italian cheaters are cheating again. Our boys were handicapped in practically half the game thanks to them diving to get our guy red carded. It wasn't even a red card. Thats the only way they can win is through cheating. They always moan and groan to the refree if give them slightest of the touch they fall to the ground acting like they got hurt. What a bunch of phonies. And let Rossi, that backstabber, play for the cheating Italy. F*ck Italia. GO USA.

Last edited by banshee; 06-17-2009 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Alizee Fan!

I found this clip funny from the Iraq and South Africa game. The South African forward blocks his own guys shot from going in.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG9oVX-bdvg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG9oVX-bdvg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-17-2009, 03:38 AM

banshee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I found this clip funny from the Iraq and South Africa game. The South African forward blocks his own guys shot from going in.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG9oVX-bdvg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG9oVX-bdvg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
South Africa should have still won.