Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-05-2020, 10:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It looks like we should be able to send the money to Chonchon in about a week. We're mainly waiting to see how members want their name's listed on the card. I have sent pms to everyone that we need one from. After we send the money, I'm guessing it will take about a week to have the card made up.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Ok, folks! The deadline is fast approaching. Anyone who would still like to contribute to the gift please send Scruffydog777 a private message. Remember, contributions of any amount—small or large—are all appreciated!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 01-06-2020 at 12:20 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 06:12 PM

zingy is on a distinguished road

When is the due date, please?

From what I gather, you are just giving a card and money. I have no idea how much money you are raising, buy you might want to give something liked engraved glass that would say something like "Félicitations de vos fans américains pour la naissance de votre enfant." This would be along with the money. Something engraved in acrylic or glass would cost a $50.

I got the idea from the fact dance studios have trophy about the place. Thye might display it there.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:08 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingy View Post
Due date has come and gone. Maggie was born November 24, 2019. Because we were heading into the holiday season, we used the month of December to collect donations and try to figure out the logistics of how to deliver a gift halfway across the world to Alizee. A gift certificate from a local store in Ajaccio that specializes in baby products was our first choice.

Scruffydog has visited Corsica several times and has a contact there. By a stroke of luck, the contact's daughter Nathalie owns a children's store near where Alizee lives. She is also very good friends with her and was willing to help us, so at that point the hard part was over.

It seems like a minor detail, but finding somebody in Corsica to work with that speaks English is a big accomplishment. From Scruffy's travels there, he had said that the use of English there is not widespread compared to the mainland. Nathalie doesn't have perfect English, but good enough.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:18 AM

That would make a nice gift but we are trying to be practical. We decided to get a gift certificate to a store called Chonchon in Ajaccio. It sells baby items such as clothing, toys, cribs, etc. Alizée will probably have need of such items for at least the next two years. This store was recommended to me by Blanche who runs with her family, the Chez Paulo restaurant. I've met her a few times on my trips to Corsica and she's treated me very well. It turns out her daughter Nathalie own's and runs this baby store and has offered to make up a card that will have our names on it. To have someone do this who is a friend of Alizee we feel is a big plus and we feel very fortunate the way this is working out

The store is on Cours Napoleon, which is the same street that Alizée's apartment overlooks and is within walking distance.

We plan on sending the list of names and the money to Chonchon on Sunday night, so I would say this Sunday afternoon is the dead line for this project, keeping in mind if someone wants to be a part of this at a late date, we need to know how you'd like your name/nickname and location, printed on the card

Here is a picture of Blanche in the upper left, her daughter Nathalie who runs Chonchon and of course Alizée. I think the gentleman is a waiter at the Chez Paulo restaurant.

Below in case you missed it, you will find a video of Alizee and Nathalie singing the song Versu té at an event in Ajaccio back in 2014 I believe it was.

Also below, you will find a picture of one of the no longer active members of our forum who is from the US who was lucky enough to meet Alizee on his trip there, in front of the Chez Paulo restaurant.

So far, we've raised about 450 euros.

Lafranchi Blanche and Alizee.jpg
Chez Paulo restaurant.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-07-2020 at 06:42 AM..
Old 01-09-2020, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

From what I gather, you are just giving a card and money. I have no idea how much money you are raising, buy you might want to give something liked engraved glass that would say something like "Félicitations de vos fans américains pour la naissance de votre enfant." This would be along with the money. Something engraved in acrylic or glass would cost a $50.

I got the idea from the fact dance studios have trophy about the place. Thye might display it there.

Hi Zingy!
I love your gift idea. We should definitely keep it in mind for the future. As Clever Cowboy and Scruffydog777 have mentioned, we decided on a gift card for the reasons they explained.
Thank you for your thoughts and suggestion!
Old 01-10-2020, 03:45 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I doubt that she would display it at the studio. She seems to have a policy of not getting too "close" to fans.

The card/gift certificate thing, delivered to Alizee via an intermediary, is ideal.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This is a last call for making a donation towards the Chonchon gift certificate for Alizee and Greg.

Even though things seem to move at a more relaxed rate in Ajaccio, we have made progress on the card. We have gotten our greeting translated into Corsican. There are a few dialects on the island, and we are going to ask Nathalie to review the translation. The content of the card has already been structured, so all we need now is to get it made, and we believe we have somebody in Ajaccio to do that for us.

Our goal is to have this all done this week.

There are still a few days left where you can contribute. Thanks to all that have already! Every 5 dollars or Euros helps, and if you are in a position to contribute more, all the better. Please PM ScruffyDog777 and he will give you his PayPal information. He will also need to know how you would like your signature to appear on the card.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is a last call for making a donation towards the Chonchon gift certificate for Alizee and Greg.

Even though things seem to move at a more relaxed rate in Ajaccio, we have made progress on the card. We have gotten our greeting translated into Corsican. There are a few dialects on the island, and we are going to ask Nathalie to review the translation. The content of the card has already been structured, so all we need now is to get it made, and we believe we have somebody in Ajaccio to do that for us.

Our goal is to have this all done this week.

There are still a few days left where you can contribute. Thanks to all that have already! Every 5 dollars or Euros helps, and if you are in a position to contribute more, all the better. Please PM ScruffyDog777 and he will give you his PayPal information. He will also need to know how you would like your signature to appear on the card.
We had hoped to send this out last night, but we haven't heard back from the store to see how much it would cost them to have the card custom made, so we could add that amount to the money we send, so I will wait until tomorrow night and send it out either way.

To make things easier if someone else does want to donate, you can contact me at either of these two e-mail addresses though the first one is prefered or you can pm me through the forum.

scruffydog777@gmail.com
dh777@comcast.net

Everyone has payed through Paypal so far. It's an easy system. You give me your e-mail address and Paypal sends you a payment request for the amount you specify. Then you pay them via credit card or whatever.

If you want to donate, also tell us what name and location you want signed on the card such as....

Scruffydog, John Smith, Boston, USA
Old 01-13-2020, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. It is exciting to be able to send this gift to Alizée, and let both Alizée and Grégoire know we are so happy for them, and that everyone at AlizéeAmerica.com wishes them well. As CleverCowboy said, every donation, not matter the amount, is truly appreciated. Contact Scruffydog777 (he gave several methods of how to contact him, as I have quoted here).