Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 AM

Ioku is on a distinguished road

I have a few friends from Japan and one of them likes her and listens to her.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Icarion is on a distinguished road
Default New site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarion View Post
Does anyone know the popularity of Alizee in Japan and of any Japan based web sites for Alizee? Thanks
Not ready but...will be

http://www.alizee.jp
Old 09-08-2010, 04:10 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

As I was watching Alizee's video in Japan, I couldn't help but wonder whether her team BLEW IT in Japan. I know she was popular there at one point. But, I believe she would have been BIGGER there had her team made the proper investment and prepared her thoroughly. She could have made millions of dollars there in endorsements alone. I know she endorsed Elise there, but that was not enough.

I mean, if Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian - all of whom have ZERO talent - could earn millions of dollars there in endorsements, why couldn't she?

I couldn't find any other video of Alizee in Japan except for the one on her En Concert DVD. And, based on the short clip of her performing JEAM on a variety show, I could tell that she was unprepared. I mean, she was just standing there and not even doing her patented dance which made her popular around the world. Japan was the SECOND BIGGEST market at the time. They should have made the investment, like bringing her band and dancers there for a full performance. Her ML and JEAM would have been BIGGER there. It would have been worth their investment.

I wouldn't blame it on Alizee. She was still young at the time. She looked very intimidated there. Japanese culture is waaaaay different than France's or even Europe's. I know, because I had the opportunity to live in both places for six years.

I truly believe that it was a LOST GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for Alizee! Like I said, she could've earned millions of dollars there on her music and endorsements. Money that could have given her some financial freedom and which she could have used to produce more and better music.

Life is really not fair! You have these skanks earning money there while our Alizee does not. Let's see: Kardashian had a sex tape of herself and her boyfriend released to the public. Then, you have Lohan who just got out of jail and Hilton who is about to go back there. I mean come on! 10% of Alizee's talent is still more than these people combined! It really pisses me off!

Speaking of lost opportunity: I couldn't believe I missed her on two occasions! Like I said, I lived in both places for six years. I was in the military and was stationed in Italy from 1998-2001 and Japan from 2002 - 2005. Had I've known her at the time, I would have gone to one of her shows or concert to meet her. I've visited Paris and Tokyo while there.

I guess, my next best chance would be to go to Mexico. Oh well, I better renew my passport now just in case.

Last edited by Jake04; 09-08-2010 at 04:53 AM..