Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Last week when the rumor first popped up that the concert might be cancellded, it struck me and I made a post to this effect the purpose of the after concert party wasn't "for the fans", it was because they saw there were a bunch of unsold tickets and they probably thought a lot of fans were holding back from buying tickets, waiting to see if the concert would actually take place this time. By announcing this party, they thought they would give fans the confidence they needed to buy tickets. But it was too little too late.
But Alizée's management had nothing to do with the party, it was a completely fan organized thing.

I don't think the cancellation's due only to ticket sales this time, since category one sold out weeks ago.

Last edited by Ben; 03-10-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post

I don't think the cancellation's due only to ticket sales this time, since category one sold out weeks ago.
It had to be ticket sales, it wouldn't make sense to cancel the concert for other reasons beacause if sales were doing well you would find a way to overcome all other obstacles, no matter who you had to fire. Everything should have been set up some time ago. The background singers and dancers. The musicians, the stage hands. Once again there is something they're not telling us

I thought Alizée had a closer connection with team Lillytown therefore I thought her managers had something to do with the after concert party. I guess I was wrong so I edited my earlier post to reflect this.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-10-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Cool

[QUOTE=Junkmale;126578].
With 3 days remaining it was cancelled due to some insurance issue with the venue.
What did the band do. They came anyway and played a 40 minute acoustic set on the street in front of the venue. It was fantastic.
That's dedication. That's the way to treat your fans.
QUOTE]

One of the main reasons I went over to Paris in october after the concert was cancelled was I thought Alizée would show up to at least talk to these fans who made big financial sacrifices to see her. I think the young Alizée would have done that. But now she's married and has a baby. She didn't show up, so as I stated with my earlier post, you have to wonder what her commitment is to her career and her fans.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

You are correct Scruffydog.

I think we all have to remove our Alizee tinted glasses now and be brutally honest.

She dosen't care. It's as simple as that. Many don't seem to want to admit it, but it's true. Other arrangements could and should have been made.
I still love her, but just don't like her very much now.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Cool

I've been working on a project for a while and didn't expect to finish until after the concert that was supposed to happen later in March. I still have a lot of work to do on it, adding several more stills and changing some stills already on it and checking to see if everything is in the right order chronologically. I also need to change the audio. I don't think I can legally use this audio and had plans to change it but after the concert cancellation I figured I'd post this early version in the hopes of cheering everyone up and reminding everyone why we are here. I should have spent the day cancelling the reservations I've already made and making new plans for my vacation but this is far better.

This is a chronological compilation of stills taken from videos of Alizée's performances, interviews, tv shows, etc from 1999 through 2003

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNqvIVD0pYQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNqvIVD0pYQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://rapidshare.de/files/46001146/...tills.mpg.html

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-11-2009 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
For us it was a no brainer. My two girlfriends wanted to see Paris more than they wanted to see Alizée.
Rocket you are my hero. You clearly understand what it means to travel from the States to Paris. Don't get me wrong y'all: this is a terrible situation. But if you are going to spend a great sum of money to travel around the globe, to one of the world's most beautiful and historic cities, for a simple concert, then you need to get your priorities in order.
It is also all too easy to blame Alizée herself for this. The cause or causes could be anything; who can say? How do you know Alizée is not crying about this right now?
I have a friend named Freddy. He's from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He's lucky if he can afford to travel across town. He works two minimum wage jobs six days a week so that he can afford to live, get an education, and send money back to family members in Africa. A few years ago, before he came to the States, he watched his sister murdered, shot to death, before his very eyes. Who has the truly terrible situation?

Storms make roots deeper.
The hottest fires temper the strongest steel.
Sometimes you need to cut a branch to save the tree.
-Peace.

Last edited by LeFantôme; 03-10-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Fixed grammar
Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It had to be ticket sales, it wouldn't make sense to cancel the concert for other reasons beacause if sales were doing well you would find a way to overcome all other obstacles, no matter who you had to fire.
Well if her career really is second priority like you say, maybe she is ready to forgo a concert over something like loosing a manager. I wouldn't be surprised if canceling costs more than playing to a not-quite-full auditorium (and again, according to ticket sites it was at least half sold), since unlike before they've gotta refund everyone's money. But I don't want to speculate. We got a letter this time, and I'd like to believe it's more or less truthful. Whether one finds it a good explanation or not is up to them. Personally, I'm too exhausted by it all to have much of an opinion.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

To those that are going to Paris eventhough Alizée is not performing. The show must go on, enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in the world and have a time that you will remember always.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Good luck to all of you going to Paris anyway

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t28EUcTDLII&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t28EUcTDLII&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<3
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Alizee is the drug we are all addicted to. We are still chasing that first high. Doing the same things over and over expecting different results. Not as good as the first time, but still pretty damn good. Alizee is the classic beauty playing hard to get and the thrill is in the chase. Another pearl or the rantings of a madman. Take your choice! Expectations are always planned disappointments. Just a little humor with a hint of truth. In no way meant to deminish the understandable grief and concerns about Alizee's career that her fans are feeling right now, myself included. Alizee is lucky to have so many devoted fans from AA, LT, AF etc.