Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Well as I said before, she still has to get the shipping to send the toy (if she hasn't already) so she may go to e-bay to get that info, and see the messages.
Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:42 PM

para.izée is on a distinguished road

I know you are going to shoot it down anyways but I thought I'll give it a whirl. It's not that extreme if you think about it.
Guys, I say we USE her facebook and twitter pages "They are Public" that's what they are there for. Try to move as many members to do it that should get somebodies' attention why worry about getting her mad. It's not more annoying than 99percent of the "I love you/you're hot" every single of her posts gets. I've never seen one of AAm's FB account comment to her posts in FB. Let's use the power of the distinctive AAm Logo in crease the chances that she or somebody near her sees them They are public after all, meaning you don't need a password to view them.make them all the same message . "Team Alizee: Alizee America needs you. get in touch PLEASE. at same email address you contacted us for ebay.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by para.izée View Post
I know you are going to shoot it down anyways but I thought I'll give it a whirl. It's not that extreme if you think about it.
Guys, I say we USE her facebook and twitter pages "They are Public" that's what they are there for. Try to move as many members to do it that should get somebodies' attention why worry about getting her mad. It's not more annoying than 99percent of the "I love you/you're hot" every single of her posts gets. I've never seen one of AAm's FB account comment to her posts in FB. Let's use the power of the distinctive AAm Logo in crease the chances that she or somebody near her sees them They are public after all, meaning you don't need a password to view them.make them all the same message . "Team Alizee: Alizee America needs you. get in touch PLEASE. at same email address you contacted us for ebay.
I think what the donators were aiming at was to be as discreet as possible about this and not make it sound like we are begging her, cause that is what the other 99% of people do on her facebook (ex. Come back to Mexico or Come to America or Come to wherever they want her to). It's a good idea, but just not the best way of doing it I think.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:31 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Apparently a big talk went on in the chat about this and I would have no reason to say anything but people have money involved with this. If I did I would want to know what was happening. I'm speaking up for those who might be afraid to even think about asking for their share back since everything has changed.

And there is reason to be afraid because some of those in charge are talking publicly about if anybody has asked for their money back. There are also talks to hurry so people can't change their mind and even considering closing the thread so nobody can give their input. The option to "back out" is still open, but at the expense of public humiliation and betrayal. Heck, I am now labeled as a trouble maker for speaking up about things that others might not know or consider.

If anybody is curious the chatbox archive can be seen by all. If nobody cares about their money or where it goes then what I said shouldn't be of concern.

Lastly, it's at the point where the entire forum could be negatively effected, not just those who put in money. I don't want Alizée to view me in a bad light and I don't think anybody does. Everybody should have a right to be curious.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

That's becoming more and more complicated, everytime I come back...

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Apparently a big talk went on in the chat about this and I would have no reason to say anything but people have money involved with this. If I did I would want to know what was happening. I'm speaking up for those who might be afraid to even think about asking for their share back since everything has changed.

And there is reason to be afraid because some of those in charge are talking publicly about if anybody has asked for their money back. There are also talks to hurry so people can't change their mind and even considering closing the thread so nobody can give their input. The option to "back out" is still open, but at the expense of public humiliation and betrayal. Heck, I am now labeled as a trouble maker for speaking up about things that others might not know or consider.

If anybody is curious the chatbox archive can be seen by all. If nobody cares about their money or where it goes then what I said shouldn't be of concern.

Lastly, it's at the point where the entire forum could be negatively effected, not just those who put in money. I don't want Alizée to view me in a bad light and I don't think anybody does. Everybody should have a right to be curious.

I've posted pretty much word for word my communications with Alizee, not to mention the people in Ajaccio who are involved with this charity. I've even twice posted a sort of time line of what's been going on so people wouldn't have to read through the whole thread to find out what has been happening.

If anyone wants their money back please say so. You can post it right here in this thread or if you want to, you can keep it private. Please send me a pm and you can send Helix a copy too so he'll have record of it. I will send you my e-mail address which already has been seen in here several times so you can send me a paypal bill which will be paid that day or you can provide me with an address and I will mail out your money the next day. There will be no mention of it made in the forum. I will even ask that your name be left up as one who donated.

But so far I've received nothing but messages of support from those who have given. We even have one donor who is going through chemotherapy treatments. I'm sure he's not in a very good postion to donate, but still he has, I'm sure because Alizee means that much to him and I'd certainly return his money in a heart beat if he asked but with all that's been going on, all the uncertainty, still he doesn't.

I even had a post yesterday from another member who wanted to make a late donation. I told him at this point, being not sure of what's going to happen, to hang on to his money and if things go okay and we are able to make the donation, I will include his amount and trust him to send me the money later.

I'm the first to admit, I'm certainly may not be the most competent member to run this thing and if members choose, I will gladly turn this over to someone else. But I've done my best to get members opinions on how and when things should be done. I'm against sending Alizee another message, but it seems to be the general consensus of this forum that we should and therefore I will. I've asked for peoples inputs as to what messages should say. I was in chat last night talking with a couple of members, Bigdan for one, asking for their recommendations. I'm trying hard to do what the forum wants to do.

You say we're trying to hurry. In the beginning we were trying to get this done by the end of the auction, which is what triggered this effort to begin with, in which case we partially succeecded in at least notifying Alizee of our donation. Now I've urged members to be patient, to wait. She is in Ajaccio. Maybe she doesn't check her business related e-mail while she's down there, seperating business from pleasure. I said wait until we know she's back in Paris, in which case I would be certain that she has had the chance to read her e-mail, but most members seem to want to send a message right away, so I will send a message as soon as the "forum" decides when it should be sent and what it should say.

Like I said I might not be the most competent one to run this, in fact I might be the least competent, but let me share a few pictures with you.
The first 2 are of "my ride". It's a picture of my 1994 Chevy S10 pick up truck. It's raining today so it's hard to see, but the clear coat has worn through in numerous parts on the upper surfaces and it looks like hell when it's not raining. The compressor for the air conditioner is leaking around the shaft seal so it doesn't work. The money I used with the radio ad effort would have easily paid for a paint job and a compressor, not to mention it would have made a nice down payment on a new car. The tv is my main tv. I also have a 13" one. But the 25" one, must be over 20 years old. Doesn't have a remote control, even the big square on/off knob in the upper right is missing. I'd love to have a big screen tv to watch Alizee on and the money I'm donating here would have covered the majority of the cost of buying one. But this is more important to me. It shows you were my priorities are. It shows you where my heart is. But feel free to second guess what "we" have been trying to do here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-15-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post

We have talked publicly before about if people should want their money back. It's no secret that the longer this goes on, it's possible that someone may want to pull out. If you read this thread, you'll see that these things have been mentioned openly, just as they have been in the chatbox. If we wanted to hide this discussion, it would have taken place through PM's, not the chatbox. We have tried to keep this process as open as possible. Quite frankly, I'm tired of your insinuations.

Alizée already thanked us publicly for our donation and we have a commitment to live up to. As far as I'm concerned, the donation was made at the moment Alizée publicly acknowledged the money we members had pledged. We just need to get the money transferred. The only thing that would reflect poorly on AAm is if we fail to complete this task.

It seems that you are bound and determined to create suspicion and distrust. But I think the members here are well aware of what you are up to, and they don't need you to speak for them.

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-15-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Preach it Lefty!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Although I still read these forums regularly, I haven’t been posting for a while. Though my intention, for the moment, is still to refrain from participating to AAm forums, I would like to make an exception here and offer some suggestions since this is clearly getting ridiculously complicated for no reason. I feel that well-intentioned AAm members just got lost in useless considerations and I would like to offer a few thoughts and suggestions which, I hope, will be helpful.

Planning

I believe that, from the start, this whole plan has been executed in a hurry for no valid reason. Insisting on donating the money in conjunction with the auction was a useless stress for everyone. All the originally stated goals (the very reason why people decided to go ahead with this donation) could have been achieved even if the money was given days, weeks, or even months after the auction. I mention this because although there was an unexpected event that complicated matters (Alizée’s terminated involvement with the association), people in charge of AAm should still understand that an event like this cannot be rushed.
<EDIT:Meaning that the fact that Alizée’s involvement with the association turned sour and did cause some complications, the people in charge should not be blind to the fact that this effort was none the less rushed and poorly planned for no valid reason.>

This type of effort requires good planning and, at least, a basic official plan that should be followed. This was, after all, an AAm effort and there should have been an official specific thread where the general idea and all the pertinent information should have been clearly presented. In that thread members should have been officially invited to participate and enough time (like a month) should have been allowed so members could read about it and decide if they wanted to participate.

Of course, at the beginning of the process, an opened discussions on how to best proceed with all interested members allowed to participate is a good idea, but since AAm forums does not have a private section (opened to all members, but not to the public) all this running around and unplanned decision making happened and is still happening publicly. I believe this is a very bad idea. Such discussions should be of AAm members concern only. The only thing that should have been public is that well organized, well though of official thread I referred to above.

Alizée’s involvement and response

The donators didn’t originally want to get Alizée (nor her team, I suppose) involved, but at some point, it was deemed necessary to do so. Her team did reply in a positive manner to this “terrible intrusion” in Alizée’s life. I would suggest people get over it now. This was not an intrusion into Alizée’s private life, neither was it an unreasonable demand on AAm’s part. Actually, it was an insignificant investment of her (or her team) time to simply reply to AAm and to acknowledge AAm efforts on her FB. The latter was certainly a nice gesture on their part, but, really, there was nothing sensational in the way Alizée (or her team) responded to AAm’s effort so far. I believe it is only Alizée’s usual lack of communication that makes their response seem so spectacular and exciting for many AAm members and I would suggest, again, getting over it and concentrating on finishing the job.

Why all the confusion?

There is no need for AAm members (especially Scruffy, who has invested so much time and efforts) to waste all this time and energy. People shouldn’t be running in circles wondering what Alizée thinks or where she is, or when she will reply, or did she read this message, or that one... I would say the best thing to do right now is to just contact Alizée (or her team) through any of the channels that seem reasonable and be done with it. I would suggest replying to the email Scruffy received from Alizée Team is the best communication channel right now. I would not hesitate to clearly ask how and where the money can be sent as many times as necessary. One message per week, or so, until a reply is received does not seem unreasonable to me. If Alizée feels that AAm is asking too much of her when all that is needed is for her (or her team) to let AAm know how to make sure the money goes to JB’s family, then I would say Alizée is not the person most people here think she is and maybe she is not worth all this admiration and worshipping. Also, if Alizée does not support JB anymore (that would be contrary to what she has publicly stated) or she believes the family does not need the money anymore, then she can simply let AAm know about it. With that information, the AAm donators can then decide where to go with this. Until there is a clear indication of what Alizée (or her team) are officially stating regarding this specific issue, all the speculation is useless. If, after a month or so, there is still no response, I think the money should be returned to anyone who wants out and the ones still inclined to pursuing this can keep at it (through PM) until they feel they had enough.

Online translations

I put this last, but it is still very important: Google translations do not work for this kind of purpose. They really do not work, ... really! The Google translations posted in this thread were appalling, so much so that some sentences did not make any sense at all.

First, I would suggest communicating with Alizée (or her team) exclusively in French. Myself, I would try to be concise and clearly state what it is that is wanted from her. The other considerations have been stated already, so, there is no need for anymore explanations and details. This should be an administrative matter; how and where to send the money, that’s it. The text should be revised by someone who can actually understand the language. If Bigdan is not available and there is no one else who can help, the text can be sent to me through PM and I will translate it. Note that I am presently on vacation, so I might not reply right away... but again, there is no emergency here.

Hoping this is of some use.

Last edited by Corsaire; 08-15-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default Useful facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Give it another day or two. If she can't be bothered putting herself out for just a few minutes then stuff it.
To all you "money-grubbing, workaholic" Anglo-Saxons - please be patient!!! It’s August and to the French that means just one thing: "les vacances"! Here is a short primer to French life today from America's CBS News.

France: Less Work, More Time Off (February 11, 2009)

...It's the law: full-time workers in France are guaranteed at least five weeks vacation... On top of the five weeks, there are another dozen public holidays, and a maximum 35-hour work week, with no paid overtime allowed... money isn't the top priority there. Maybe that's because in France things like health care and education are virtually free... Normally busy streets in Paris empty out in July and August, when most locals take their annual holiday. Shops and businesses are often deserted for a month, sometimes longer.

Supposedly, a message sent to Mr. Scruffydog via eBay's secure messaging system explains he can pay out Alizée America's donation by sending them a check in the boy's name. (I will not repeat my earlier post explaining why the PayPal option they also offered may now be problematic.) So why not just mail the check to the well-known address in France of Wisteria Song and report doing that via the very eBay channel by which contact was made? Again, a time limit (e.g. 3 months) on the check would let you guys try sending the money another way (or refund the donors) in the event it is lost or otherwise goes uncashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Give the money to a charity more deserving of our efforts.
I am not a lawyer, but American law is pretty clear. If Mr. Scruffydog can execute what he promised to do with all deliberate speed, he has NO obligation to offer anyone a refund. (By the way, the US Federal Trade Commission has a "30 day" rule for mail-order merchandise.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But as I said back last year when we were discussing the donation to the school. I will do what ever the majority of this forum members decide.
At the same time, when you solicit money via the US Post Office or via interstate communications systems within the US, you are obliged to spend it in the way the solicitation promised, or return the money if that proves impossible. To do otherwise is a SERIOUS FEDERAL CRIME called postal/wire fraud. If I had hired a treasurer who proposed to do otherwise (e.g. put the money to what he thinks is a better purpose, canvas a group for a majority decision, or obey the command of God Himself) I would immediately fire his incompetent ass lest I implicate myself in his potential crime. And all the more quickly if he gave evidence that his thinking was a bit unreliable.

Quote:
One rumor was that the family owned 2 restaurants, but apparently what happened was they owned a restaurant in downtown Ajaccio, where there were other restaurants that specialized in the same type of cuisine and the father wanted to move to another part of the area where his restaurant would be the only one nearby with that type of cuisine. So they sold the one downtown and bought one across the gulf.
Some days ago I was curious about the finances of Jean-Baptiste's father, because the family's ability to look after the boy was at issue. I decided to share with the entire forum what I learned about the limited liability firm the man owns, so that parties like HelixSix could not speculate if donors were ill-informed. My post, titled It seems they really need the money, began so:

I thought I would try to discover how well the restaurant of Jean-Baptiste's father has done. I will not be insulted if this post is deleted because the forum editors decide that is best. But anything I write below comes from public sources anyone can consult over the Internet...

The post now reads:

MOD EDIT: Although it's out on the internet, we don't need businesses' financial information here. Don't mean to call you out, just deleting it because it's not needed. Sorry.

The post originally said a lot about how the restaurant moved, and detailed how much income the firm provided the boy's father in recent years. It was also the first time (now of three) that I recommended sending the Alizée America donation as a check; why that portion of the post had to be deleted is beyond my comprehension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
AAm forums does not have a private section (opened to all members, but not to the public)... I believe this is a very bad idea. Such discussions should be of AAm members concern only.
(My firm-finances post provides an example of the wisdom of Mr. Corsaire's recommendation; any sensible moderator would have left that entire post unmolested in the venue he proposes.)

Quote:
France has I guess a national health care plan. Maybe Bigdan can shed more light on this. So apparently all of Jean-Baptiste's medical bills are paid for by this plan. The need for money apparently comes mainly from the need to travel...
In the United States, the last time I checked, governments pay about half the medical bills. The Medicaid program provides financial aid to the indigent sick. But in most federal states, childless adults, even with grave debilitating diseases, get NO benefits, even if they are homeless, penniless and totally incapacitated. They must rely on family, friends, charities or free private medical service providers, or die.

It is different in France. The state itself guarantees everyone in extreme circumstances some care. This is why an American might question sending money to help a sick individual in France. As I pointed out earlier, in France, anyone can visit his primary care physician for ONE Euro; a few years earlier it had been free. (French citizens who know should please correct any error I make.) In today's France, Tiny Tim will not die, even if "selfish" Monsieur Scrooge doesn't give f*ckaholic clerk Bob Cratchit money which he did not earn, but Scrooge's other workers did.

Quote:
The father said they wanted no more money and it seems the family is not in big financial trouble, so I say we just choose another charity in Ajaccio or Corsica to donate the money too.
In this modern age, it is possible to be a millionaire, and yet your government may not know that, much less your neighbors. That said, in aggregate, the firm Jean-Baptiste's father owns has NOT returned a good living over the last few years for which we have public records.

Finally, the stereotype of old Corsica is that of multi-generational warfare between family clans. If that curse is just history, does there now fail to exist no "love of the same" to complement the ancient "hatred of the other"? About 1 in 500 Corsicans has the surname "Renucci," and there are about 70 Renucci listings in the Ajaccio phonebook, including one for the city's mayor.
Closed Thread