Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 12-11-2018, 06:43 PM

Genelec is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up UEDS Remixes

Hello I'm looking for remixes on UEDS, especially Limelight please! Would you have a list ? Thanks
Old 12-12-2018, 01:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum Genelec. I'm away on vacation at the moment, but I'm sure one of our other members can help you.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Welcome Genelec!

Here are three Mes Fantômes remixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgzokq-8-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2zGRhvswc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4zbr-B_3A

I'm not sure if you have seen this video of Alizee performing Limelight live:

Edit:

At about the 3:30 mark, Alizee's dancing reminds me of her back in the En Concert days, particularly Mon Maquis.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-12-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Default Les Collines

Here are a few Les Collines remixes. I am not having any luck with Limelight remixes though.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-12-2018 at 01:28 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 03:00 PM

Genelec is on a distinguished road

Hello, thank you very much, continue to find me, they are rare right? <3
Old 12-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genelec View Post
Hello, thank you very much, continue to find me, they are rare right? <3
They are on YouTube, so I wouldn't call them rare. Well-hidden is a more appropriate word. You should be able to hunt them down on YT as well as I can. I thought I would help you get a head start, but if you need help going forward, I am willing to help you out. I am finding some good stuff as I am searching.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure about this, but it seems this way to me. I think the YouTube search engine has changed over the years since they were bought out by Google. I believe instead of leading you to 'hits' that are directly related to your search, Google is trying to steer you in other directions. If that's true, it's a scary thing.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Administrator

The culture inside of Google is definitely one-sided in their world view, and they don't even bother to try to hide it anymore. I have read multiple reports where their search engine has this same bias, ranking higher the hits that they want you to see, and lowering the hits that they don't. On YT, they have a recommended videos section based on search history, which so far hasn't raised my eyebrows on anything. Freedom of speech also includes the freedom to disagree, on any subject matter, and the tech giants are being watched carefully and are (so far) being called out on any violations.

What I am more concerned about is the new "social credit" system now implemented by China, which rewards and punishes you based upon pretty much everything you do in life, including what you watch on YT. Netflix has a show called Black Mirror, and Season 3, Episode 1 is called Nosedive, a future dystopia where a social score follows you around, and in one scene, prevents the lead character from buying a plane ticket because she was 0.2 points under the lower limit that are allowed to travel. Guess what? In China, you can be prevented from traveling if your social credit score is too low. Can it happen in the US? I think it has already started.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:25 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The culture inside of Google is definitely one-sided in their world view, and they don't even bother to try to hide it anymore. I have read multiple reports where their search engine has this same bias, ranking higher the hits that they want you to see, and lowering the hits that they don't. On YT, they have a recommended videos section based on search history, which so far hasn't raised my eyebrows on anything. Freedom of speech also includes the freedom to disagree, on any subject matter, and the tech giants are being watched carefully and are (so far) being called out on any violations.

What I am more concerned about is the new "social credit" system now implemented by China, which rewards and punishes you based upon pretty much everything you do in life, including what you watch on YT. Netflix has a show called Black Mirror, and Season 3, Episode 1 is called Nosedive, a future dystopia where a social score follows you around, and in one scene, prevents the lead character from buying a plane ticket because she was 0.2 points under the lower limit that are allowed to travel. Guess what? In China, you can be prevented from traveling if your social credit score is too low. Can it happen in the US? I think it has already started.

I agree the Chinese system is worrisome. It could easily be adopted by any government or corporation in the world. I think the whole corporate system of government that we have in the USA is problematic. As for privacy, I don't think it exists anymore. To stay out of sight, one would have to live without the Internet, credit cards, and telephones. I can't imagine that. Even if you didn't possess those things, the businesses you rely upon do, so you would still pop up. You could, I suppose, live as a backwoodsman, but would that be worth the sacrifice? I'm a city boy and the thought of sitting out the winter in a log cabin without electronics holds no appeal for me. I need my Alizee fix every day. Remember the Unabomber and Bin Laden? The government found both of them despite all their precautions.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I agree the Chinese system is worrisome. It could easily be adopted by any government or corporation in the world. I think the whole corporate system of government that we have in the USA is problematic. As for privacy, I don't think it exists anymore. To stay out of sight, one would have to live without the Internet, credit cards, and telephones. I can't imagine that. Even if you didn't possess those things, the businesses you rely upon do, so you would still pop up. You could, I suppose, live as a backwoodsman, but would that be worth the sacrifice? I'm a city boy and the thought of sitting out the winter in a log cabin without electronics holds no appeal for me. I need my Alizee fix every day. Remember the Unabomber and Bin Laden? The government found both of them despite all their precautions.
Google, Apple, and Facebook should have never gotten so big. They should have been broken up a decade ago. Now they are richer than half the nations in the world and have immense influence in Washington and Wall Street.

Being an IT guy for 30+ years, I have welcomed the Internet and the new technology and has made my professional and personal life easier. My desk drawers used to be stuffed with CDs and floppy disks with software, software updates, device drivers and operating systems. Now software updates are done automatically, hardware automatically works when you swap out components, manuals for anything are easily downloadable in PDF format. I did a lot of housecleaning a while back and have plenty of drawer space now.

I love Apple products. Alexa plays me the music I want to hear at my command, and when I ask her to skip a song or turn a song louder, her selection gets smarter to my tastes. So, technology can make life better. Why couldn't the tech companies be satisfied with just that, making life better for everybody, but instead start social engineering, spying, profiling, and who knows what else? My guess is that they get lucrative contracts to provide technology to governments to control the masses and keep them under surveillance. Again, follow the money.

Yes, I need my daily Alizee as well With the way that some of her videos are dropping off of YT, every new video that I see with her in it, I download to my computer.

Edit:

For those interested, FaceBook has started a "trustworthiness" score that ranks reputation by the posts you make. No, this is not reported by Alex Jones only, but also by other reputable media. This article by Forbes magazine is good:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevle.../#2158659049f5

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-13-2018 at 08:36 PM..