Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Okay, you say that it's not her tattoo's that are bothering you but she is changing "everything" what is this "everything" that she is changing that you don't like?...

I think Alizée will always be Alizée and there is nothing she can do to change that!... I love her for her...

You act as if you want her to be young again... I'm sorry, but she's growing up and she is not ever going back!... lol!... if you wait another 10 years though you can jump on the Annily bandwagon though!
Listen up noob, don't you dare ever accuse or imply that I don't like Alizée. Those are fighting words they are, and a fight you'll get. (Not a serious threat! )

No, I don't mean that I wish she was younger again, but that she'd at least retain some of the characteristics that drew me in.

First, her music. Don't give me the whole "her early music was basically completely controlled by MF", I know it, and I get it. UEDS was something utterly different in every way possible. Even the way she performed them was different. All she did was stand there and hit a keyboard with dim lighting.

Secondly, her performances. She just stands there and sings. The first thing that captivated me about her was how she danced! She's a dancer by trade, so why isn't she utilizing her talent? I can understand if it's hard to sing and dance at the same time, so why not lip-synch while dancing?

Third, her looks. I know this sounds incredibly superficial, but as an artist, how you look is a big part of your appeal. She is still the most beautifully adorable woman I've ever seen, but she does nothing with it. All those tattoos, the bland hairstyle, the darker clothing.. who's she trying to appeal to?

I don't want to come off all whiny and Alizée-hating, cuz I don't! But I just wish she'd just retain a few characteristics of her earlier days to show us that she appreciates us fans of the Lolitazée.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Listen up noob, don't you dare ever accuse or imply that I don't like Alizée. Those are fighting words they are, and a fight you'll get. (Not a serious threat! )

No, I don't mean that I wish she was younger again, but that she'd at least retain some of the characteristics that drew me in.

First, her music. Don't give me the whole "her early music was basically completely controlled by MF", I know it, and I get it. UEDS was something utterly different in every way possible. Even the way she performed them was different. All she did was stand there and hit a keyboard with dim lighting.

Secondly, her performances. She just stands there and sings. The first thing that captivated me about her was how she danced! She's a dancer by trade, so why isn't she utilizing her talent? I can understand if it's hard to sing and dance at the same time, so why not lip-synch while dancing?

Third, her looks. I know this sounds incredibly superficial, but as an artist, how you look is a big part of your appeal. She is still the most beautifully adorable woman I've ever seen, but she does nothing with it. All those tattoos, the bland hairstyle, the darker clothing.. who's she trying to appeal to?

I don't want to come off all whiny and Alizée-hating, cuz I don't! But I just wish she'd just retain a few characteristics of her earlier days to show us that she appreciates us fans of the Lolitazée.
Okay okay... I hear you.... chill out... I was just playing devil's advocate... I'm on your side! Don't tase me bro!

However, I also feel that she is not obligated to give up the things she enjoys in life! She should be able to have both!... if she didn't want to change her image she might as well have stayed with MF... If she wants to be a mommy, she should be allowed to be a mommy... if she wants to get a tattoo she should be allowed to get a tattoo.. none of these things, as much as we may not like it, do not change the person she is deep down inside...

Although it breaks an unspoken rule in keeping ones image... we just have to live with it...

Many icon's have changes to their image and the world lives with it... be thankful of Alizée because it could be worse!:

Michael Jackson

Mike Tyson

Britney Spears

Cameron Diaz

Lucky for us... Alizée always looks just as good even when she changes... just like the following ...

Angelina Jolie

Shakira

Not all celebrities can retain their celebrity feel during the changes... but the great ones manage to pull it off... usually it is men like John Travolta, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt, though.. rarely women... but Angelina Jolie pulls off hair color changes well and Shakira uses many different types of hair styles and hair colors..

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 01-15-2012 at 03:59 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I often read about people wanting Alizée to dance again... I want it, too, but i am not so sure. I think if she stopped doing her routines is because she did not feel to keep doing it, specially being a person who loves dancing as we all know...
So i hope that if she returns to the coreographies is because she really feels it, and not cause can be more commercial or something like that.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Many icon's have changes to their image and the world lives with it... be thankful of Alizée because it could be worse!:

Michael Jackson

Mike Tyson

Britney Spears

Cameron Diaz

Lucky for us... Alizée always looks just as good even when she changes... just like the following ...

Angelina Jolie

Shakira

Not all celebrities can retain their celebrity feel during the changes... but the great ones manage to pull it off... usually it is men like John Travolta, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt, though.. rarely women... but Angelina Jolie pulls off hair color changes well and Shakira uses many different types of hair styles and hair colors..
I'm just hoping Alizee doesn't end up like Sinead O'Connor - incredibly beautiful woman with incredibly beautiful voice that just went to waste because of poor choices that she made in her life.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I guess I just don't share the antipathy that some of you have to her tattoos. Not that I'd ever get one myself, but if she wants to do that, and obviously she does, well, why not. It might make it difficult for her to act on stage, but honestly in the movies it wouldn't be a problem, the things that can be done with computer graphics these days. (So if my Star Mages trilogy ever gets made into a movie she could still play Dolphin.) (I have a much harder time deciding who would make a good Karla or Jaguar.)

My feeling is that all this sort of consideration is secondary. When she first came out with Psych, she was insecure, uncertain if she could do it. She was out of practice performing. Her first performances showed it; she was just not confident. Then, after the fiasco of the Moscow concert, she seemed to get it back. But the album itself was a smorgasbord, a scatter-shot of different styles, as if she was tossing a variety of stuff out on the waters to see how people reacted to them.

Then UEDS was a shot at creating a really artistic, avante-garde album. It was a great album IMO, and got lots of artistic kudos. But -- it didn't sell well. Too small an audience for music like that, no matter how good it was.

I think that if she produces a hot album with great songs, she'll do well. It has to be an accessible album that large numbers of people can relate to. It should have some strongly danceable music. And when she performs, she should have some good dance routines. (Which she did on the Melle Juliette video, so it's not something confined to the Mylène era.)

Anyway, my loyalty to this lady that saved my art and my sanity years ago is bottomless, so I'm with her no matter what she does now, but most fans are more fickle than that (and that's just the way the world works, and probably the way it should). She needs to find the way to wallop people in the emotions, because most relate to that more than to cerebral stuff. It's really all in the music and the performances.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Anyway, my loyalty to this lady that saved my art and my sanity years ago is bottomless, so I'm with her no matter what she does now, but most fans are more fickle than that (and that's just the way the world works, and probably the way it should). She needs to find the way to wallop people in the emotions, because most relate to that more than to cerebral stuff. It's really all in the music and the performances.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

TDA, while I agree with what you said on the rest of this post, I gotta say.
Quote:

Michael Jackson

btw on that prizes pic, I'd take the Taz in the background.

On topic now, well I'm with leaving the personal life stuff personal. Celebs don't go around buying magazines to read the latest gossip about you and what you do. It may be because they have other things to do, but don't we all? Anyway as to whether I like where she's going, I'm not sure cause I haven't been keeping up as much as I would like so I can't say but as far as UEDS I was ok with it, I liked the album and all that jazz, but I am also looking forward to something new.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Celebs don't go around buying magazines to read the latest gossip about you and what you do. It may be because they have other things to do, but don't we all?
Fall,

Actually it's because they don't know bout us Fall!... If Alizée knew I existed and saw my face all over the French equivalent of the U.S. People Magazine's I'm pretty sure she would be reading up all about me!... Yes... I'm that interesting!... and I am not being facetious ... it is true... not just about me but about any of us... I mean... we are all guilty of reading up on people we normally wouldn't know or care about simply because their everyday lives are thrown in our faces through crap magazines... look at people like Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, the Kardashian's and other crappy role models... even they appear to be entertaining... but the only reason we hear about them and not the average Joe is because they are celebrities.. So anyway, yeah... I suppose if we were celebrities Alizée would know more about us!

Secondly, you are right about how the person never changes even though their physical appearance may change... Their personalities are the same... and I think with that said, we will find that Alizée's next album will probably hold the same personality as her earlier albums. Her last album was different because it was based on the influence of Edie Sedgwick and produced by someone different than what we are used too... It appears that these two factors are going to change by her next album... and she is back in the dancing studio! so we'll see what is to come!