Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road
Default Being older and being “physically” attracted to Alizée

Since I am an “older” chap (46), it does feel quite awkward to discuss Alizée’s related matters with relatives and friends. I feel that I might be perceived as a dirty old man drooling over videos of a cute young woman on his computer while fantasizing having sex with her . This is really annoying since Alizée does not bring any sexual thought to me. I never think of her in that way, even while watching JEAM in the sailor uniform. I know, strange...

Of course, I do enjoy Alizée’s sexy ways, but not in a typical “sexual” sense. Actually, I rather dislike the few times she showed a little more than I would have liked to see. I do not mind that people find her attractive in that way, it is just not for me.

Any other members find that although the physical attraction is extremely strong, it has nothing to do with any sexual attraction?

Actually, this subject does remind me of how I felt when I watched the movie Lost in Translation. It is a strange feeling. I found Scarlett Johansson to be adorable in that movie. I liked her personality, her looks, her voice, the way she moved... Although there was a strong physical component, there was nothing sexual about it.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Although I do luvs me some Alizée, I too feel nothing for her sexually (various reasons)

All you can do is persevere and show that you love her for more admirable and chaste reasons and that you have nothing but respect for her.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

I'm not older than Alizée, clearly, I am only 17.
I don't generally look at her and feel a strong sexual attraction, but that doesn't mean I couldn't.( in case she reads this 0.o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Any other members find that although the physical attraction is extremely strong, it has nothing to do with any sexual attraction?
YES Every time I see a picture of her soft skin, or just a picture of her smiling, and being happy, it makes me happy and I get an extremely strong urge for a hug
Which is apparently weird >.<

Last edited by Iwillmeether; 01-07-2011 at 06:47 AM..
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Srd93 is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean. Me being 17 brings the belief that all I want or find attractive in a girl is her sexual appeal, but with Alizee, I feel the same kind of attraction that you feel. I think it's our infatuation with not only her looks, but her music and her personality that attracts us. She's beautiful and there's nobody like her.

Even my friends can't see why I find her so gorgeous, beautiful, etc. And they all just think I'm obsessed XD. And I think it's just something that can't be expained or understood until you feel it yourself, which is why I've stopped talking about her to my friends because they just won't understand.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srd93 View Post
I think it's our infatuation with not only her looks, but her music and her personality that attracts us. She's beautiful and there's nobody like her.

Even my friends can't see why I find her so gorgeous, beautiful, etc. And they all just think I'm obsessed XD. And I think it's just something that can't be expained or understood until you feel it yourself, which is why I've stopped talking about her to my friends because they just won't understand.

Word for word my life. Im about to give up on my friends, they keep making fun of me, and not really her, but they make alot of French generalizations, which I don't agree with them, I tried to tell them how wrong they were but... meh....
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It does feel awkward because so many people get the wrong impression. I feel much the way you do. I never think of her in a sexual way. I love her voice, her looks, her personality, and the way she dances in a way that far exceeds any love I've had for any singer in my life time and it's nothing more than that.

I think a lot of people who don't like the music, and especially in this country people who don't have the capacity to like a song that's in a language they don't understand, will watch one of her videos and because they don't like the music, they figure the big attraction for us must be some of the sexy outfits she wears.

Not long after finding out about Alizee, I brought a dvd into work to show her to my fellow employees and I think I made the mistake of including some of her early videos such as Moi Lolita Amsterdam and L'Alize top of the pops. Now especially with her performance in Amsterdam, people who don't like the music think the big atttraction is the cheeks of her ass hanging out of her outfit and when they find out she's only 16 at that point, well you can imagine what some of them think.

But it really doesn't bother me. Any of them who thinks that way doesn't know a thing about me. On slow days at work, I'll get out my lap top and watch a few of her videos, knowing what some people are thinking, but I don't give a crap.

I think there are a few family members who think that way too, so for that reason I wish when I was first showing her videos,I had used ones where she was at least 18 and possibly not using the ones where she's in the sailor suit.
Just about every other outfit she wore when singing JAM was gorgeous.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I'm with Scruffy on this one.
As an older bloke i couldn't really give a fiddlers what people think.
It is irritating that certain people can be shallow in their mindset but that is their problem and i try not to worry about it too much. I like what i like and shouldn't have to make excuses for it?
Is Alizee a babe? Off course she is. It would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
I also think that Susan Boyle has a terrific voice and do i think of her sexually?

Last edited by Junkmale; 01-04-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Love.

Are you going to be the one to tell her she can't have a hug?
Lilimore 021.JPG
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Even though I'm not "older", I think I get what you're saying. In videos and interviews, her body and the way she carries herself seems to have a certain charisma or attractiveness to it. There are just so many things about her that make her a likable and attractive person. It doesn't matter if you're 15,20,26,50, or 60, anyone can be a fan of Alizée and not be sexually attracted to her.

A lot of my physical attraction is that she is so close to what would be my dream girl in reality. A short, cute brunette who can sing and has a strong personality but is relatively shy (yet has somewhat of wild and outgoing side too). Her looks are what initially brought me to clicking and watching her for the first time in my curiosity. Then, along with her, came her wonderful voice and music. If I didn't like her music, I wouldn't be here.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I know for a fact that all of you gentlemen here are very classy, respectful people, and I admire you all for that. I've never seen Alizée being discussed here in a sexual or disrespectful manner. Otherwise I would've been scared off a long time ago.

That being said, I can see why "outsiders" () would get the wrong idea about older men being a fan of Alizée, although they're completely incorrect in their assumptions. Placing yourself in their shoes, had you never heard about Alizée, her music, or her beautiful personality, would you not raise your eyebrows a bit when you saw her, especially in her Gourmandises outfits (I always thought some of them were a little too revealing for a 16-year-old, "legal" or not)? Don't take that the wrong way, I know none of you are perverts and that Alizée's appeal is universal in itself, I'm just saying that some things look different in bad lighting.

There is something about Alizée's presence and the way she carries herself, the expressions she makes, the songs she sings.. pretty much everything about her, that screams "beautiful and classy" rather than "hot/sexy". It's just an indescribable "vibe" thing that all people have, you can tell their nature just by studying their mannerisms.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée