Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
However, Alizée HERSELF seemed so pure and innocent at the age of 15/16. Was it right to give her such a adult "role" to play in a song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Exactly, and that's what bothers me, it just seems wrong for any 15/16 year old girl, let alone Alizée, to be singing lyrics that could be interpreted as an allusion to losing one's virginity, especially when they are rather explicit.
Well you gotta remember that 15 is legal in France.

Quote:
Very true. The song matches perfectly with the book 'Lolita', it just doesn't match Alizée's personality, and as a result portrays an manufactured image that is very different from the real Alizée.
Do you know the real Alizee?

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Wow this thread is getting popular ey?

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Argh sometimes I wish Mylène hadn't gone so far with the innuendo. It works in the songs she sings herself because she's a fully grown woman with the class and character to pull it off, but Alizée was so young back then! I guess she knew from her past experience that eroticism sells, but if the innuendo is really as blatant as this explanation suggests, it certainly doesn't feel right coming from someone as young and supposedly innocent as Alizée's image suggested.

But the other way to look at it is that it certainly did sell, and I wouldn't have Gourmandises and MCE any other way.

Ahh difficult choice...
Sex indeed does sell, but I don't think it was necessary in Alizee's case. I loved Moi Lolita long before I found out what the lyrics meant and she didn't have to have the cheeks of her rear end hanging out of her outfit for me to love her performances. I loved her beautiful face, her voice and the way she danced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Exactly, and that's what bothers me, it just seems wrong for any 15/16 year old girl, let alone Alizée, to be singing lyrics that could be interpreted as an allusion to losing one's virginity, especially when they are rather explicit.

I guess it's expected, and maybe even understandable, for a song based on Nabokov's novel to have several sexual innuendos, but I don't know...
It's kind of hard to believe that her parents would have allowed it. Maybe it's because the French have different values than us. Maybe it was because she loved to perform on the stage and her parents might have thought this was a golden opportunity for her.

Quote:
I always knew ML was suggestively sexual, but I never realised that it was to such a great extent! I mean that link you posted manages to find something erotic every 2 or 3 lines or so. Having seemingly complained quite a bit, I'd just like to say that I would never change anything about Alizée's early years - the sheer brilliance far outweighed the very slight drawbacks.

Very true. The song matches perfectly with the book 'Lolita', it just doesn't match Alizée's personality, and as a result portrays an manufactured image that is very different from the real Alizée.

Oh and btw Zeerre, your avatar is x1000
You're absolutely right that it doesn't match Alizee's personality and that is probably the genius of MF. If she had gotten some one like Madonna to play the part, it would have been ho hum, what's new, but casting Alizee in that role must have been a dream come true for MF. She could not have picked another person who did not look to fit the part as Lily did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Keep in mind these are the opinions of the people who did the analysis, but the consensus at the time seemed to agree that much of what is said is probably correct.

I often wonder how far Mylene would have liked to go with lyrics for Alizée once she became an adult. I think it's one more reason why she felt she had to move on. I don't think Alizée wanted to go further down that road, and I'm not sure Mylene could have found the "voice" for the person that the adult Alizée has become. I can see why she left to seek her own voice. She had to, in my opinion.

Edit: In Mylene's defense, much of what she wrote was very good and as we all know, Alizée does owe a lot to MF/LB.
When you interpret the lyrics of Moi Lolita, you have the obvious evidence of what the book was about and the revealing outfit that they put Alizee in, so you more or less have to lean towards the sexual interpretations of the lyrics.

I think MF is an incredibly talented performer. It's too bad that so much of her stuff had to be of a sexual nature, especially when it came to Alizee. It didn't have to be to sell. L'Alize is a very beautiful song . Whether it had a sexual side to it or not, I'm not sure, but I've looked up word for word what each line meant and read the interpretations and am quite satisfied that the clean beautiful version, is the one that's right.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Sex indeed does sell, but I don't think it was necessary in Alizee's case. I loved Moi Lolita long before I found out what the lyrics meant and she didn't have to have the cheeks of her rear end hanging out of her outfit for me to love her performances. I loved her beautiful face, her voice and the way she danced.
I agree with your sentiment. I've said it before, but I never really bought into the whole Lolita image, nor did it interest me. I guess I just knew it for what it was, a part of the act for marketing purposes. If that's all Alizée had going for her I probably would have never given her music a chance. Yes, I always thought Alizée was attractive, but it was the sound of her voice, the music, and her performances that interested me, and still does.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:50 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

It's not her fault.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:44 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...and she didn't have to have the cheeks of her rear end hanging out of her outfit for me to love her performances.
Hey, I like rear ends! And I like good music! But the old vids of underage Alizée with her ass hanging out are probably the main reason I don't and won't tell more people around here about her. I'm a married man, with kids, fer chrissakes. P.T.A. meetings and all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
It's not her fault.
Good point, Ogre!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:24 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
Sadly no, so I'm going on the assumption that he personality we see in some of the more 'open' interviews is her real personality. If that is to believed then 'Alizée' is very different to 'Lolita'.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
Quote:
Sadly no, so I'm going on the assumption that he personality we see in some of the more 'open' interviews is her real personality. If that is to believed then 'Alizée' is very different to 'Lolita'.
Well, I have seen this question coming up time and again.

The image of any person is based on observation and extent of your knowledge about the person.

"Do you know real Alizée". I always wonder about me. Whenever this question pops up, I think only thing. Is there any person in this world who knows real MA, I guess no. No one can exactly tell that. Whatever anyone tells about me is based on their observation. It might happen that someone had brief encounter with me and things didn't go well. Then that person thinks that I'm not good. Some who had different observation have different opinion. So, what's real and what's unreal about me?

There is one more thing. A person changes a lot with time. One needs to take that thing also in mind before deciding anything. I have lived at a different place for past few years and people can notice changes with me. But my family members couldn't notice these because I couldn't spend much time with them.. Once again what's real and what's unreal about me?

It's my belief that same thing can be said about most of the people. Whatever image that people have about Alizée, is based on their observation. There is nothing like assumption related to anyone's image as said by Babyblue.

Alizée's image in Babyblue's mind is based on his observations. What he has seen in interviews, videos and what people who have influenced his opinion. There is nothing wrong with it. Maybe he will have some observation some day and this image might change. Maybe some day he will meet Alizée and he may find a totally new aspect about her personality.

The image about Alizée in Jung's mind is based on his observations, what he has noticed and what the people, who influenced him, have told about her(I don't know whether you have met her or not, if yes then that observation is also included). Once again there is nothing wrong with your image either. You might see something new which can change your opinion.

I haven't said that anyone is right or anyone is wrong.

Only the person himself knows who is he is in real.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 07-28-2010 at 05:27 AM..
Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey, I like rear ends! And I like good music! But the old vids of underage Alizée with her ass hanging out are probably the main reason I don't and won't tell more people around here about her. I'm a married man, with kids, fer chrissakes. P.T.A. meetings and all that!

Good point, Ogre!
I made the mistake when I first found out about Alizee of putting together a dvd with several of her performances on it of including the one where she sang Moi Lolita in Amsterdam. As I said before, I loved her voice, her beauty and the way she danced. But people who were too stupid to understand a word of French, who didn't like her particular brand of music, assumed that the big attraction was her rear end hanging out. I couldn't believe how unbelievably stupid these people were. I wish I had know about her performace in Spain when I had made it. Unfortunately it doesn't have a very good resolution to it, but my god, she looks incredibly beautiful in it.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Well, I have seen this question coming up time and again.

The image of any person is based on observation and extent of your knowledge about the person.

"Do you know real Alizée". I always wonder about me. Whenever this question pops up, I think only thing. Is there any person in this world who knows real MA, I guess no. No one can exactly tell that. Whatever anyone tells about me is based on their observation. It might happen that someone had brief encounter with me and things didn't go well. Then that person thinks that I'm not good. Some who had different observation have different opinion. So, what's real and what's unreal about me?

There is one more thing. A person changes a lot with time. One needs to take that thing also in mind before deciding anything. I have lived at a different place for past few years and people can notice changes with me. But my family members couldn't notice these because I couldn't spend much time with them.. Once again what's real and what's unreal about me?

It's my belief that same thing can be said about most of the people. Whatever image that people have about Alizée, is based on their observation. There is nothing like assumption related to anyone's image as said by Babyblue.

Alizée's image in Babyblue's mind is based on his observations. What he has seen in interviews, videos and what people who have influenced his opinion. There is nothing wrong with it. Maybe he will have some observation some day and this image might change. Maybe some day he will meet Alizée and he may find a totally new aspect about her personality.

The image about Alizée in Jung's mind is based on his observations, what he has noticed and what the people, who influenced him, have told about her(I don't know whether you have met her or not, if yes then that observation is also included). Once again there is nothing wrong with your image either. You might see something new which can change your opinion.

I haven't said that anyone is right or anyone is wrong.

Only the person himself knows who is he is in real.
As we see with so many people who are in the lime light, dirt quickly rises to the top. When something questionalbe happens with a celebrity, we quickly hear about it. We don't hear anything negative about Alizee, because there is nothing negative about Alizee.

There's a lot we don't know about the real Alizee, but one thing we do know from the many performances and interviews that we have seen and the lack of dirt on this beautiful young French woman, is that she is a class act. A lot of us probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-28-2010 at 06:47 AM..
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
As we see with so many people who are in the lime light, dirt quickly rises to the top. When something questionalbe happens with a celebrity, we quickly hear about it. We don't hear anything negative about Alizee, because there is nothing negative about Alizee.

We really very little about the real Alizee, but one thing we do know from the many performances and interviews that we have seen and the lack of dirt on this beautiful young French woman, is that she is a class act. A lot of us probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that.
Not only when something questionable happens, also when nothing happens. Media is quick on making things on their own. Very few people are able to escape all these and she is one of them.

Tags
alizee, songs meaning