Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
The ONLY thing that worries me is are the majority of the American fans ready to end this boycott of all things French? I'm hoping once they see and hear Lily sing they would lose all their hard feelings. Also do you think Alizee and her crew could possibly fear this so called boycott? Deny it all you want guys but that will just make you ignorant. Its the sad truth but this boycott of France is still going on. Of course not as bad as it used to be, but its still present.(Not on this site of course but amongst most Americans.) For example everyone I know who I mentioned Alizee to, the first thing out of their mouth upon hearing she's French was the following rhetorical and sarcastic question "shes french?" which was than followed by an instant loss of interest on the subject. That's just what the polite people did, the others would of course make insults on her nationality before allowing me to talk further more about her or show them a video of her. Everyone here knows it is because of politics and not language- (she visited England and did farley well; and I think if you can make it in England you can make it here in the US) -why Alizee isn't here in the US right now. My statement; like it or not its fact. Believe me I'm not happy about it either but one must except the truth.

I think if Alizee does take the risk and come here, even upon the realization of she being French the people will just fall in love with her like we all did. She has that thing about her were she can just mellow you out and make you forgot about your anger. She melts the heart of all men!

Some Americans have problems with the French? I'll handle them with not a slight of remorse. I'm not afraid to shoot a few bullets, launch a few missiles, swing a few swords, or cast a few spells to protect Alizée and her nationality, or to ensure the fact that she is RESPECTED anywhere, by everyone. Obviously some people need to lay off worry on the 'government' topic and be a bit more freeform.

Anyways, risks must be taken, try to choose a state in the USA where the least hate, disrespect, or whatever of the sort, happens. We just need that amount of crazy nutcases (like me perhaps) to go out there, and throw out some hardcore support for someone. Media is key, and media is what America must grab, there are no tasks that have no consequences, but all tasks have a reward.

About the England thing...you're wrong.
England, no matter how our nations intertwine, is quite different from your United States. Our naturally affinity in location from the rest of the European countries have led us to have less of the stereotyping, and more of the recognizing and understanding.

Little do some Americans know, they might be mocking the French when they probably have some French blood in them, what bloody retards.

Last edited by TheBarrett; 07-16-2008 at 03:29 AM..
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

People just got pissed off when France in the UN was so against invading Iraq in 2003. Thats why the whole "freedom fries" and "freedom toast" crap started. They really don't have anything else to base it on, other than old random crap they're pulling out of their ass.

I'd hate to see her not be able to come here because of that. She really has a gift, and would be such a breath of fresh air for this country. Its sickening how many talentless skanks are on the market. Even during her "Lolita" era, she was sexy, but still tasteful. You can't really say that about many performers here.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:12 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
People just got pissed off when France in the UN was so against invading Iraq in 2003. Thats why the whole "freedom fries" and "freedom toast" crap started. They really don't have anything else to base it on, other than old random crap they're pulling out of their ass.

I'd hate to see her not be able to come here because of that. She really has a gift, and would be such a breath of fresh air for this country. Its sickening how many talentless skanks are on the market. Even during her "Lolita" era, she was sexy, but still tasteful. You can't really say that about many performers here.
"Talentless skanks" aint that the truth, that's all Hollywood is now! You got breasts and a @$& but no talent, we don't care we will use you to get ratings!
I can say myself I am still a little sore at the french government (not to get too much into politics, that's for another time), but taking it out on the people and being total arrogant @holes to them is a different story. I don't treat or judge the french people any differently than anyone else despite my different views than of their government. The one thing im against is judging someone my nationality or religion; no! I judge by character!

Quote:
About the England thing...you're wrong.
England, no matter how our nations intertwine, is quite different from your United States. Our naturally affinity in location from the rest of the European countries have led us to have less of the stereotyping, and more of the recognizing and understanding.

Little do some Americans know, they might be mocking the French when they probably have some French blood in them, what bloody retards.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Yes England is somewhat different, but when it comes to entertainment our culture is very similar! About the french thing, your kindve wrong. America is so very diverse, people come from all over. It would be a very small group, like maybe 7 percent or less that has French blood in them!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-16-2008 at 04:23 AM..
Old 07-16-2008, 07:00 AM

Philippe is on a distinguished road
Default Iraq

I still don't get it why some Americans still hate France now that we all know how much Mr Bush lied to justify his war... And well Chirac is retired now, the new government has nothing to do with the decisions taken a few years ago, that is a bit weird, I 'm not into politics and I respect everyone's point of view but I do understand it if Alizée feels uneasy with coming to the States
I hope there will be more people like you in the future, more open minded and that this stupid struggle will at last come to an end.

I've just read a comment on youtube, the guy said " the French usually don't like American people" I really wonder how many of you came to that weird idea cause it's absolutely untrue
Take care all
Philippe
Old 07-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
I still don't get it why some Americans still hate France now that we all know how much Mr Bush lied to justify his war... And well Chirac is retired now, the new government has nothing to do with the decisions taken a few years ago, that is a bit weird, I 'm not into politics and I respect everyone's point of view but I do understand it if Alizée feels uneasy with coming to the States
I hope there will be more people like you in the future, more open minded and that this stupid struggle will at last come to an end.

I've just read a comment on youtube, the guy said " the French usually don't like American people" I really wonder how many of you came to that weird idea cause it's absolutely untrue
Take care all
Philippe
Like all stereotypes is probably a generalization that's true to some extent but often exaggerated. Thanks god we all know Alizee isnt one of them

EDIT; Me so hapyyyyyyyyyyyy! Alizee definitely saw the comment I left her. Its still #1 on the page and she signed on already.
http://www.myspace.com/alizeeofficiel
Im not a morning person but I can honestly say I am one today thanks to Alizee

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-16-2008 at 08:26 AM..
Old 07-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

The antagonism toward France was a flash in the pan, IMO. It began with the French opposition to the Iraq war -- never existed in the first place among Americans who opposed the war -- and by this time has surely declined a lot, since the war is pretty unpopular here these days. I don't think it would be a problem in most of the country.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
The antagonism toward France was a flash in the pan, IMO. It began with the French opposition to the Iraq war
It's quite old, actually. You can find plenty of french-bashing quotes by Mark Twain.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:08 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Even among my anti-war or politically apathetic friends and acquaintances, France and French bashing is 'hip.' I'm constantly dispelling old and untrue stereotypes.

I've not really actively tried to promote Alizée amongst my friends, though I have tried to turn them on to multiple genres of French music in general, largely to no avail.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:49 PM

taikonaut is on a distinguished road

It will mostly down to if it is economically viable for her to do a US tour. Record sales will give a ball park figure of audience size. I dont know how many fans need to show up to make her trip worthwhile but I would guess she is more popular in Mexico and continental Europe than the US.
Vocally I dont think Alizee is quite any where near as strong as many US artists but she appeals in other areas, I mean look at Madonna. For me the 2003 and indeed the 2001 Alizee would have a been more marketable not that she isnt anymore talented than she is now, maybe the Farmer management has its magic?
One thing I do miss about Alizee is her well polished dance routine she use to do. I could just watch her dance without her needing to sing.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I've recently browsed through Alizée's MySpace comments. I can see a gradual rise in fans demanding her in the United States.

But still, the Mexican fans have been ripping the comment section a new one, I bet if you combine any of the USA demands with perhaps, four other countries that demand her, the Mexican demands would probably outpower all that by twice the size.

No offense to the Mexican folks of this board, but if people in America want her to come to America, it better be taken up to a whole new level.

Whatever works, must be done. MySpace, Facebook, street ads, posters, etc.