Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-07-2010, 12:38 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
if i was not a fan i would not buy the album.
Agreed. You dont have it already do you?

Edit:

This album is out??

Last edited by mal; 03-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
This album is out??
Not quite yet, though, 2 singles have been released! There are threads of them, Limelight and Les Collines (Never Leave You).

Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Not quite yet, though, 2 singles have been released! There are threads of them, Limelight and Les Collines (Never Leave You).
got them on my i-pod already and can't stop playing them
Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Strangely, I myself am not listening to these new songs yet.

I listened to them when they first came out, but that was it. I guess I'm waiting for the entire thing to come out? Which is interesting.. because I was going nuts about when a single was going to be released!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

maybe you aren't that into the newest sound.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange View Post
maybe you aren't that into the newest sound.
I thought about that, but I don't think that's it. I mean, I liked them when I first them, they were different; refreshing if you will.

I guess I just want the whole thing as a surprise, rather than take it in bit by bit.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i tried to do that, i try that with all the new albums i plan on buying... but i always cave a few days before the albums come out XD
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

I like it, and I think she will have much more success with this album then she did with her previous one. This is more likely what some of her old fans where waiting for in the sense that it has a more mature feel to it then "Psychédélices" did. It will take a little while for her though to get as good as she can on her own or to assemble a collaboration that really compliments her the best as Rev said. She's still developing a sense of what type of style and music she wants to make it her own, don't know if this is it. Unlike some who where fast to compliment her in saying that she was much better now after her initial release of "Psychédélices" then she was ever before, It will take her some time and a lot of hard work as others have commented to get there, that said I think she did quite well considering it was her first album technically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
What I liked most about Gourmandises and MCE is that her voice was more than just lyrics, it was like another musical instrument that was an integral part of the melody. You didn't need to understand French at all to enjoy the songs.
I agree with lefty and Rev, and a few others. I agree with you on this Bandit and let me compliment you on the way you've eloquently said it. The reason for this in my opinion has to do with the precise artistic ability in which the mixing was done. She can get the same results if and when she finds someone who can do this well I think. As far as the live performances I think pretty much everyone agrees that can be acquired thru training and practice, although she does have a very cute voice that I would hate for her to change in the process.

One of the things that made her so memorable then, that she needs to work on now, is the way in which she was presented. Her choreographed dances, her smiles and constant waves to the crowd made it more like a personal presentation, although she could be performing for many you got the impression that she was performing for you. She needs to work on this, and no she doesn't need to dress provocative to create this effect, classy would be just fine. Also I believe she was a bit nervous during her "Psychédélices" presentations, although some might disagree with me, but I think that's another factor that affects the way in which she can come across as a strong or weak performer.

In any case there's nothing wrong with loving her previous 2 albums more, I know I will treasure them for years to come...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM

Philippe is on a distinguished road

I personally love Les Collines , when you hear a song for the first time and have it all day in mind, this means it's a good song
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
I personally love Les Collines , when you hear a song for the first time and have it all day in mind, this means it's a good song
I think it's a good song.