Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 04:33 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road
Default Can Alizee really sing?

I don't want to start a heated debate, but besides how much love you her, think.. can she really sing?

I've watched the Star Ac video, and well, based on that video, she can't sing for beans. However, I've seen her sing live, and seen her in the recording studio (not in person, of course) and shes sings great.

Is it possible her voice slipped through the years?
Can she really sing?

PS Now we've seen the great MJ Dance! I didn't think there was a dance accompanying it, but I guess I was wrong.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
I don't want to start a heated debate, but besides how much love you her, think.. can she really sing?

I've watched the Star Ac video, and well, based on that video, she can't sing for beans. However, I've seen her sing live, and seen her in the recording studio (not in person, of course) and shes sings great.

Is it possible her voice slipped through the years?
Can she really sing?

PS Now we've seen the great MJ Dance! I didn't think there was a dance accompanying it, but I guess I was wrong.
I think that it is quite premature and childish to surmise that Alizée "can't sing for beans" judging by one performance - that being the Mademoiselle Juliette performance at the Star Academy.

After all, it was her first performance in years on a major French television network. To complicate the matter, she was forced to sing with someone else, someone who apparently knew not how to dance, and was given little time to rehearse - a hinderance which would cause even the greatest of singers to stumble.

With time, no doubt, Alizée will become more at ease on stage as she used to be and her true voice, which we all know lies waiting, will shine through.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

yes...

i dont know how many times it must be said, but its hard to sing and dance at the same time.

and i personally thought she sounded good in the ML performance.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:00 PM

suzybananasplit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
yes...

i dont know how many times it must be said, but its hard to sing and dance at the same time.

and i personally thought she sounded good in the ML performance.
Agreed. As a former singer and dancer...I know that its really really hard to sing and dance at the same time, plus sound good doing it. Add in an audience with a few hundred fans, I'm sure it was nerve wracking. Which has a huge effect on how you sound plus everything else. She just got back on stage, give her a few times to get used to it again.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Twilight is on a distinguished road

I believe that she can sing, and I believe she sings quite well. From everything that I have seen of her since her comeback was announced however, she appears to have lost alot of her confidence. She seems like she is now in the water without a raft and is worried she will drown. Failure is a hard thing to have to cope with, and its a very easy thing to fear. After all the time that has past, she seems like she is so worried about disappointing her fans that her confidence is shattered. She hasnt preformed live in ages and she was preforming with other people, which is difficult enough. When she sang Moi Lolita she seemed to be getting more confident, but it seemed like she was still shaken. She is trying to find her own in the business that she used to be someone that was created for her. Its a hard and scary thing. I think that after she gets back in the groove of things she will start sounding like the Alizée we know.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée can sing, she has a very good voice and one shouldn't judge her on this one appearance. I don't want to get into a lengthy analysis of her performance and her new CD to make my points.

Suffice it to say I think she is a good singer, and a better singer in many ways than she used to be.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

She can sing fine.

She's often been worse live than lip-synching or in studio, that's nothing new. Not always, though. On the concert DVD, I thought the songs that suffered were the ones near the beginning of the concert, when she was nervous, and the ones when she was trying to dance vigorously (Moi . . . Lolita, JPVA, JEAM, ACC). Songs like Parler tout bas, Lui ou Toi, Mon Maquis, Toc de mac (she danced vigorously on that one but not while singing), L'email a des ailes, she sounded I thought every bit as good as in the studio.

All the reasons given (first time in years, dancing at the same time, singing along with -- bluntly -- an incompetent) explain any lack of quality in these performances.

Impatience, snap judgments, and rush to decision seem to be your chief personal errors, MG. Give it a little time. We'll see more.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

man, the woman who was singing with her sucks, lili did a pretty good performance, maybe the coreography made her sing a bit worse but WTF, that doesn´t matter to me

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:16 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Of course she can sing. If you're a real fan you will not write her off because of one not-so-great performance (which I still liked BTW).
Old 12-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Haven't you seen the En Concert dvd yet?
Besides, as others say, its hard to sing and dance, and i dont doubt she was a lil nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
If you're a real fan you will not write her off
That is just nosense.
I always consider myself as a fan, but there are some performances i just don't like at all.
So what? im not a fan anymore?
Recognizing when the singer did a terrible performance is part of bein fan.

Im not saying Lili did a terrible performance [as a matter of fact, i like it because it was live]
but i dont doubt there will be be terrible performances in the future [no, im not wishing that for Alizee, but i just know she will just do terrible in at least one, or at least in my opinion].

Last edited by Zack -Alizee Lover-; 12-08-2007 at 05:34 PM..