Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2006, 11:38 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I disagree. When you take a role of a celebrity, you do have a responsibility to your fans. There are many stars that have a private life with their families and a public life with their profession. Not being in touch with your fans can cause certain disaster. I'm not saying I've turned my back on Aliz'ee, if and when her new album comes out, I will buy it. I'm just saying let us know. I'm not saying call a press conference. In fact, I'm surprised that not one reporter has anything to report on her. I'm a private person myself but if I was a celebrity and I didn't want to be 'in the business' anymore, all I would need to do is to make one phone call to one reporter. It would be in the news and that would be the end of it. But she just dropped out of site. No news, not even a word in the scandal rags. POOF! SHE'S GONE! The only tabloid picture I've seen is her with her daughter in an airport. The only thing it said was that Aliz'ee was seen. If her intention is to quit the biz and be a devoted wife and mother, my heart goes with her. If she wants to revive her singing career, I'm behind her all the way. Just let us know.

Think of it this way...If a loved one disappeared without a trace, the emptiness you'd feel would be devastating. At some point, you want closure. Even if it's news that your loved one has died. At least you would know and you can move on. Aliz'ee has stopped singing. Her voice is now stilled. We, being fans, feel emptiness. We just want to know if this is the end. If it is, then we wish our Lili all the best and we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. We will continue to listen to her music and watch her videos. But if a new album is on the horizon, we want to rejoice and celebrate with her.

Aliz'ee, we who love your music just want to know one way or the other.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Aliz'ee, we who love your music just want to know one way or the other.
Well, it's your lucky day then ! In March 2006 she sent out letter saying that she's working on new album !

And that's pretty much all we need to know. If she doesn't wanna tell anything else then it's her business and we respect it. Let her have her time and space until she's ready to come to the public again.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
Cooney, the French use something called an AZERTY keyboard, which contains all necessary accents. ASCII is not necessary for French computer users.

http://imgs.logitheque.com/imgl/10786.gif
Thanks for the pic garçoncanadien, I was curious :-) I remember when I went to England there were a couple changes that caught me offguard (though they were entirely logical). I knew the French one had to be different, as ours is based entirely on frequency of letter usage in American English, and wouldn't make the same sense for others.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:32 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

the thing i find disturbing is how she sent in that letter, but theres almost no news/apperances of her. the latest picture we have is the one when she was on the beach with that lateita girl. and she hasnt said anything to her fans in a long time... and the only news we really get is anything jeremy spits out.
but i believe she will be back soon, and im hoping its anytime this year or VERY VERY early next year.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
as ours is based entirely on frequency of letter usage in American English,
That actually is funny thing. You would think that they are set so it's fastest to type, would you not ? But infact they aren't.

Your logic is right, tho. They are set based on frequency of usage. But the layout was designed before computers, for mechanical typing machines. And typing machines had one serious problem. When you hit two letters that was located next to each other, you could jam it. So, the letters was spread out so the most frequently used keys are atleast 1 letter apart from each other. That solved the problem with jamming type machines but made new problem, horribly illogical keyboard and that wasn't the fastest possible to use. Altho, it's pretty easy to learn and archive quite good speed with regular QWERTY board.

But there is more efficient layouts for English. And since computers don't have the jamming problem, they can be easily used. The most well known is Dvorak layout. It is without a doubt the best layout for English text. It can increase your typing speed tens of percents.

Similar layout exists also for French and many other languages.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the history of keyboard layout is a funny one. Having used a QWERTY my whole life I'm pretty happy with it, and don't mind having letters spaced out a bit. I can type about 70 words per minute as is, so am relatively content. Of course, if I were to get used to a newer, more efficient layout, I'd probably like that one just as much :-)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

I like the QWERTY set up because you can quickly pick out hardcore FPS players by the WASD keys that have been rubbed smooth
Old 11-20-2006, 05:23 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Yet another thread turning into a keyboard discussion
Rocket is gonna appreciate it (hug to Rocket

(maybe Brad should create a keyboard sub-forum )
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
I like the QWERTY set up because you can quickly pick out hardcore FPS players by the WASD keys that have been rubbed smooth
It's not just their problem.

I don't play games and still one keyboard literally melt... And my current isn't isn't in perfect condition either. Notice especially ctrl and shift that are almost wore through. They damages the easiest since my palm is almost all the time over them.

(btw.. in that you see Finnish layout. Tho, the upper keyboard isn't standard layout.. It's some cheap ass keyboard.. Modified maybe from American layout to scandinavian... and it has 3 extra buttons which I surgically removed. They were really evil buttons, like "shut down" and "sleep mode" !!! I once hit "shut down" when I tried to hit "print scrn"... sigh... )
Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I don't play games and still one keyboard literally melt... And my current isn't isn't in perfect condition either.
You're not a player and the WASD keys are almost erased?

bt_bird_90, for us AZERTY users, it's ZQSD