Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
(sharp inhale) if that happens i will become a Canadian/European citizen very very fast

pretty sure that it will kill our economy within the first year (not that it isn't bad enough already) there are other things that i think would go very wrong but i will not get into that at all
Uh, whose fault is it the economy is in the tank in the first. Bush is the one who does not what the hell he is doing. He is the one who racked up 600+ billion dollars debt by doing a foolish thing by going into Iraq in the first place. He left the country in a worse shape then he got it. While come the economy wasn't this bad in Clinton's last year.

Obama is far more intelligent than Bush, he is not going to "kill our economy", thats a bunch of BS. At least Obama can prounce the word "nuclear" properly, unlike Dubmya.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

You guys just know this thread is going to get shut down.

There's nothing new about cozy relations between the U.S. and France; what's new is the cool relations of the past few years. Historically, France helped us become independent; sold us a lot of prime real estate at a bargain price; and gave us the Statue of Liberty. Historically, the U.S. has assisted France in various ways as well. Along with most of the rest of the world, France also sided with us after 9/11/01. The main thing causing problems between the two countries at present is the Iraq war, as already noted by others. But that war is very unpopular among Americans as well, and will I believe prove only a temporary problem. President Bush will (thank God!) leave office in a few months, and things should improve after that, especially if, as I expect, Obama becomes his successor.

I am also pretty sure that the reason Alizée is not scheduled to do a concert in the U.S. has nothing to do with Franco-American relations, which have never deteriorated so far that a French performer would not be welcome here. She simply doesn't have a large following in the U.S. (however loyal her small following may be), and it would not be commercially feasible to do a concert here at this time.

Edit: BTW if anyone wants to engage in serious political discussion, I highly recommend this site: http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/indexf.php. I'm registered there as TSGracchus (points to anyone who can identify where that name comes from). It's probably a more appropriate place than this site.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 06-14-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Bush and Sarkozy were in the NY Post back in October as Sarkozy easing ties with Americans since that whole thing with France not helping us out in Iraq and the Americans screaming Freedom Toast and Freedom Fries which is assinine in my own opinion, But also Sarkozy is a conservative so that also helps out. And this next election can decide the next step in the relationship with US Allies and Enemies. So here I stand McCain 08.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It is very frustrating for me when these threads get going. I want so bad to debate these issues, but I know it's the wrong place to do it and so I have to hold my tongue.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It is very frustrating for me when these threads get going. I want so bad to debate these issues, but I know it's the wrong place to do it and so I have to hold my tongue.
I feel the same way, though I don't see any reason why these threads should be locked.

My friends and I have radically different politically views and discuss them on a daily basis.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

^Sadly because you always get that one or two people who just try and flame people they don't agree with!
To get back on topic, the relationship of France will most definitely get better than it is now but it will never be as strong as it used to be. I don't think France will ever be America's best friend again

400th Post!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
^Sadly because you always get that one or two people who just try and flame people they don't agree with!
To get back on topic, the relationship of France will most definitely get better than it is now but it will never be as strong as it used to be. I don't think France will ever be America's best friend again

400th Post!
Potentially it could, would it doubt it but, we should get them back into NATO since they left NATO in the 60's. The more big nations in NATO the more secure the world will be from terrorist cowards and the more protected our countries will feel.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:42 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post

400th Post!

i don't think we will become best allies but we will get closer thats for sure

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 06-14-2008 at 05:44 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 05:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Uh, whose fault is it the economy is in the tank in the first. Bush is the one who does not what the hell he is doing. He is the one who racked up 600+ billion dollars debt by doing a foolish thing by going into Iraq in the first place. He left the country in a worse shape then he got it. While come the economy wasn't this bad in Clinton's last year.

Obama is far more intelligent than Bush, he is not going to "kill our economy", thats a bunch of BS. At least Obama can prounce the word "nuclear" properly, unlike Dubmya.
i have a comment to this post but i won't get into that not here anyway

Closed Thread