Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 11-08-2017, 05:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's funny but of late I had wondered if I'd make 5,000. It's kind of a worthy cause to make it on. Thanks for the donations. It's nice that Alizée will be informed of it. Sometimes you don't know if your tweets get noticed. I think we were the only ' fan site or page'with any type of effort to raise a donation.

Here again was their reply that kulli had already posted;

"Bonjour,

Nous vous informons de la réponse à votre commentaire sur le projet Inseme " Un mois pour un toit " dont voici le texte :

Thank you very much for this donation and for this message of support. Alizee is a friend of us, we we'll send her your message ! Thank you very much !

A très bientôt, "

Even though I'm quite sure the original post we saw said this would end on the 8th, it looks like the 11th is the final day. They had set a goal of 70,000 and so far they've raised 82,000 euros so far.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-08-2017 at 05:47 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's funny but of late I had wondered if I'd make 5,000. It's kind of a worthy cause to make it on. Thanks for the donations. It's nice that Alizée will be informed of it. Sometimes you don't know if your tweets get noticed. I think we were the only ' fan site or page'with any type of effort to raise a donation.
I hope you're around for a good while yet. I cant find the thread atm, a user with 49XX posts wrote he finally leaves the forum when he has reached 5000 posts.

Yes, It seems we are the only one with an effort like that. It's actually pretty sad.... Another thing, none of the Admins of the numerous facebook groups has shared your message!

Last edited by kulli; 11-11-2017 at 08:23 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 PM

I'm curious if anyone has seen Alizée send out a thank you message for those who donated to Inseme? Back when we sent her a wedding gift, I had said before hand that I didn't expect her to send a thank you because that's always been her policy concerning her fans and I can perfectly understand that. But donations to Inseme were something she solicited and I would think she'd say something, even if it's directed in a general nature to all her fans, despite the fact that it looked we were the only ones who donated.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:23 PM

Yeah it would have been nice if she had said something, but its ok it is her decission and I did not expect it from her.
I hope she got your message from move.corsica. If so I am sure she was pleased about it.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 PM

Well as I said, I understand her policy with gifts, but in this case, I'm very disappointed with her. I've donated to other causes because she's meant so much to me. She didn't have to specifically thank us, but just thank anyone that donated and I don't think that happened.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-15-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 01-12-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

https://www.facebook.com/alizeelyonn...59861283010574
mood.jpg
Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM

That's a beautiful song.
Another post about France Gall, Alizee must have really liked her.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 PM

I'm sure members remember our recent efforts to answer the call from Alizée to donate to the project 'Inseme' which was to raise money for an apartment so relatives of Corsican patients had a place to stay in Marseille when they had a family member undergoing medical treatments there.

I received a letter from Inseme yesterday. I scanned through an online OCR, then interpreted it with Google translate. It's a report of the results of their efforts.

Inseme 001.jpg

"Madame, Monsieur,
As everyone knows, Corsica is the only French region in which there is no UHC. Some
specialties are not practiced and the local health care offer can not answer totally
to the needs of the region. Every year CPAM records about 18,000 trips on the
continent for medical reasons and this problematic, which affected at least once each

family living on the island, causes many material and financial difficulties.

It is to face this specific problem that the INSEME Association, created in 2009, and
Recognized of general interest, is mobilized to ensure:

- an INFORMATION MISSION (support to administrative procedures, to the
search for accommodation, dissemination of information relating to the assumption of responsibility for transport
by health insurance, financial aid etc ...)

- A MISSION OF SOLIDARITY (put in touch with volunteers in Corsica and on the
continent, defending the rights and interests of families, issuing financial support
for transport and accommodation costs not covered by the Health Insurance).

In recent years, 80% of the families we have supported have come to
Marseille to access care and very often they have been faced with the difficulty of finding
accommodation. Our main partner the Association "A Roof for my parents" already has
9 apartments near the Timone but its structure is saturated today.

So we decided to buy a 10th "apartment intended to accommodate the parents of children
hospitalized by launching the "1 month for 1 roof" collection on the www.move.corsica Platform with the
support from our partners: Corse-Matin, RCFM and Qwant.

On the occasion of an unprecedented mobilization, thanks to your participation, and that of 1,538
other donors, we were able to gather in one month € 128,710.50 which will allow us to
to acquire an apartment and make it available free of charge to the Association "A roof
for my parents " ! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity!

As expected, in addition to the tax deduction that your donation allows, we are happy
to offer you a membership card to the INSEME Association,

Sincerely, l, / _, \
K.

Laetitia CUCCHI
The president"

At least someone appreciated our modest donation.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Nice to read that it was a success and enough money was raised to buy an apartment
Old 04-23-2018, 01:54 PM

Default Donation that was sent to Inseme

I received an e-mail today from the chairwoman of the Inseme organization. I'm sure most of you remember that is the organization that Alizee had appealed for us to donate to so that an apartment in Marseille could be purchased so when someone in Corsica has cancer or some other illness and has to get treatments at the hospital in Marseille, their family will have a place to stay nearby.

So I collected the money from different members here and sent them a check. The letter today sent by the president of Inseme Laetitia Descoin-Cucchi (I'm including a picture of her FB page)said they will be having a ceremony in Marseille on May 8th where the contract for the apartment will be signed and the keys turned over and donors are invited. They are also going to unveil a plaque that has the names of all the donors.

Well I had mentioned before I have vacation the second week of May and originally I had been thinking about a trip to Corsica, but decided not for two reasons. The main one was the airliines and railroads are holding strikes on different days. The other one had to do with Ske Leton's recent trip. I would definitely try and go to the school and I thought they might get the impression that anyone who saw Ske go there and get to dance with Alizee would show up and think they'd also get to dance with her. That bothered me so I figured I'd wait until another time to go back.

But I saw this event and it works out perfectly for me" if I decide to go". I get off work Sunday morning May 6th at 7 am. I could catch a flight that night to Milan, Italy which would arrive Monday morning and hopefully get a train to Marseille, where I'd spend the night. The ceremony takes place at 10:30 on Tueday. I could be on the ferry that night to Corsica. There's a possibility that Alizee will be there, but inside I doubt it and I'm not thinking about doing this just for that chance. I'm sure if I go to Ajaccio and she's there that week, I could contact the school and ask to stop by for a visit at a time that wouldn't be inconvenient for them, they'd say yes. So I'm thinking of going to this ceremony because llike I said, the timing is perfect and if you want to go to Corsica, one of the main ways of going is going to Marseille, then take a short train ride to Toulon, where you catch the ferry. I've done it this way twice before.

About the plaque. As I said, they said they would be putting the names of all the donors. Now the donation check I believe I sent them was from my own account, so I'm not sure if they are going to put my name or the name of Alizee America on it. I replied to her letter saying if it's not too late, to have them put Alizee America on it.

I'm including pictures below of the apartment and the nearby hospital.

Some members might not have been around when we made a donation to a similar cause. There was a young boy in Ajaccio that was sick and had to go to a hospital in Marseille for treatment. Alizee hand painted some toys to auction off on e bay, to raise money so the family could have a place to stay in Marseille when they visited him. Our forum came up with the idea of not buying the toys, but matching the winning bid as a donation, thus doubling the amount raised. There was controversy that I wont go into in this post, but I did send the donation to the family.

Inseme president.jpg

Marseille apt.jpg

Marseille hospital and apt.jpg

"You are one of the 1,539 generous donors who participated in the exceptional fundraising organized at the end of 2017 via the crowdfunding website www.move.corsica, which enabled us to raise € 128,710.50 in 30 days!
As such, we have the immense joy of informing you that the INSEME Association was able to acquire on March 8, 2018 a T2 apartment in Marseille, in the immediate vicinity of the Timone.
As planned, this apartment is located 38 rue Sainte Baume , in the same building as the 9 apartments owned by our partner the Association "A Roof for my parents". We will now be able to provide it free of charge so that it can manage it daily.
The signing of the Making Agreement and the official delivery of the keys will take place on Tuesday, May 8 at 10:30.
On this occasion will be unveiled a plaque with the names of the donors who made this incredible bet possible (excluding those who wished that their donation be anonymous).
We thank you once again for your support and we are delighted to realize this incredible bet since we will be able to put this extra apartment at the service of parents whose children are hospitalized at La Timone in the next few days!
This success is all the more beautiful as it is collective, so you are naturally invited to be present at our side this Tuesday, May 8th.
Thank you kindly confirm your presence by return mail.
Best regards,
Laetitia DESCOIN-CUCCHI
chairwoman"

I translated this reply to French in my e-mail back.

"Dear Laeitia;
The money I sent to Inseme for this project was sent under my name, but was donated by members of our forum 'Alizée America' who of course are fans of the lovely Corsican singer Alizée. If it's not too late, I would like the plaque to bear the name 'Alizée America' and not mine. I will be on vacation during the week of May 8th and I may be able to attend this ceremony in Marseille, however the recent transportation strikes in France may make it very difficult for me to be there on time if at all. If I can make it to this event, I may take the ferry from Toulon for another trip to the beautiful island of Corsica. I will let you know probably in May, when my plans become definite.
Thank You very much.
David Hardy"

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-23-2018 at 01:59 PM..