Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

ah, but there is a clue there.. I posted here about it here this morning

I didn't link to it because I don't like to send them clicks.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:18 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
ah, but there is a clue there.. I posted here about it here this morning

I didn't link to it because I don't like to send them clicks.
oh, I somehow missed it. Vizzavona that is interesting

Someone on her instagram who moved to Ajaccio wanted know if there are any good places to recommend.
Someone answered: cascades des anglais à Vizzavona and mentioned it is not far away.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
There is another of those articles I'm always talking about today... It's talking about this post and mentions "Au bord de la cascade des anglais, à Vizzavona, non loin d'Ajaccio..." Which is close to the main road from Ajaccio northeast towards Corte at the mountain pass. I have no idea where they got that information from. Maybe it's near there?
I just saw your post from this morning and I'm having more and more doubts that it was in the gorge we've been talking about because in the majority of the places in the gorge, the banks rise steeper and higher, but no so in the picture. Off to Vizzavona!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I can't stop searching. I was almost late to work today because of it.

This version may have better resolution, and also here are the best versions of some others that I could find.

Anyone have an idea which was the water is flowing? I have been thinking it is flowing towards Alizée, but I'm not really certain.

Edit:

I agree about the utility poles Scruffy. Those are the types I have seen in photos through the years. Also about the shallowness of the canyon... It doesn't seem to have tall, steep walls. I think the area is at a rather high elevation with wide valleys. Of course, I have been tricked by photos in the past, trying to relate the image to the actual geography.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-11-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-11-2017, 06:43 PM

No idea about which way the water is flowing As far as Vizzavona, nothing looks promising until you get up near that area. That area looks very promising and also when you get north of it, but then it starts branching out in different directions, but I don't think they'd have to go that far to find a beautiful place to hang out, unless she might have some connection to an area up there.

I tried flight simulator in Google Earth which showed a lot of promise once I got the kinks worked out, but then GE crashed so it's time to take a break and pound my head against the wall for a while.

Maybe someone can call Alizee and ask her to throw us a bone?
Old 08-11-2017, 07:16 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Nope I also cant tell which way the water is flowing
Can we name a River? One is the Vecchio, of course it is not the only one and there are tributaries of all.

Someone on her Instagram wanted to know where the place is. No reply as expected.
Maybe we should ask on gregoirelyonnet FB/Instagram page? He has not so many followers.
Or on their dogs jonsnow_lyonnet page?

On the photo she tagged also a guy called charles_laurent_pomponi.
I guess its the owner of Planet Gym. Maybe it is her personal Trainer, no idea if she has one? or just a friend.
but to ask him I dont know it doesn't feel right for me.

Last edited by kulli; 08-11-2017 at 07:50 PM..
Old 08-11-2017, 11:33 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Did a quick Google Earth run around the Island and the only place that looks promising is along the Der Solenzara (river, stream). It's located almost straight across from Ajaccio on the other side of the mountain range and empties along the east coast of the island. Again it was a quick check.

41.49.58.55 N 9.18.43.10 E

Another location is a town up in the mountains Taglio Rosso that looks like a holiday location based on the pictures.

West of Sainte Lucie De Porto-Vecchio on the east coast I think the river is called the Corse.

The road running west out of town and parallel to the river has power lines running along both sides of it.

The elevation between the river and the mountains looks really good at this location. The problem is the river is below you on the right and the mountains are on the left of you. The trees on both sides of the road make it difficult to find the line of sight where the picture could have been taken.

Last edited by ALS; 08-12-2017 at 01:02 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 AM

As far as Taglio Rosso and the river if that's what it is that runs to Saint Lucie De Porto-Vecchio, I think that would be too far a distant to go when there are similar things much closer. It's 3 hours driving time according to G E, plus you first have to drive north, past the Vizzavona area then turn due east, then straight down the coast.

I did fly that route anyways and as Ray mentioned where looking at a wider valley than we saw in the gorge, but this looks too wide and most of the homes are on the floor of the valley. I think it's safe to rule this one out.

I haven't checked out ALS other suggestion yet.

EDIT:
Just checked out the Der Solenzara (river, stream). Starting at the cost flying inland, the river is much wider than what we see in the picture and once you get inland to the point where it narrows, there's hardly any buildings.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-12-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 01:17 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Two things to remember altitude and geography of the Island.
This should help us find her spot.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:53 PM

Bingo....I think I have bingo!

I was thinking about the gorge we looked at up north of Ajaccio. I looked to see how someone can get there. You can't go up along the coast. The only quick way is to go back through the heart of Ajaccio and head north. So I started right from there and right away, just north of Ajaccio, found a similar type of steam, so I started following that and I think it was just pure dumb luck I found it, but the first thing I noticed that struck a note was the shape of that one mountain.

One picture shows 2 houses. I think from her vantage point maybe Alizee could only see one. The red line represents power lines. I had said they seemed to come from right to left, then end at a pole then go back towards a lower position to the right. But at that pole on the left, they turn and come straight down but are harder to see because of the trees. The red line represents the power lines.

I think this is it. There's a go cart track not far away either. This is only about 8 miles from downtown Ajaccio. The nearest town looks to be Cavone.

I'm gonna try and see if I can match up rocks in the stream with the picture but right now, I need a break!

Attachment 1598

Attachment 1599

Attachment 1600

Attachment 1601

Edit:

The fiinal damming piece of evidence.......the dreaded traffic cone!
I present you exhibit TC.

By the way, those gray arrows mean nothing. Once I closed the flight simulator, they stayed.

Attachment 1602

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2018 at 06:11 PM..