Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-25-2007, 10:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Earlier songs to be reorchestrated if she goes on tour!

I read today a posting by Edcognito who I guess also credits Cooney with some of his information where they had interpeted some statements made by Alizee to a magazine. She said she hoped to go on tour in 2008 and if she did, she would sing some of her earlier songs but they would be reorchestrated in accordance with Psychedelicies. She made an appearance recently, I believe it was on Star Acadamy where she sang Moi Lolita along with 2 other singers. Apparently they reorchestrated this song and the results were just awful. The music for her earlier songs fit very well with her voice. They both complemented each other. The songs would have been nothing without the music and they would have been nothing without her voice. It would take an extremely good writer to come up wiyh music that's on a par with the music produced for her by Laurent Boutannat. I'm just wondering if the reason for this is when she decided to go off in a new direction that maybe Farmer and Boutannat still kept the rights to the origional music.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

Or it could just be as simple as that she doesn't like how some of her old songs sound anymore. There's a big difference in musical taste when you're 16 and when you're 23. I know, it's shocking..
Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Well, this doesnt suprise me. The sound is a bit different now, they will feel out of place with all the poppy synths of the previous albums. Moi Lolita wasnt bad imo..(ehm, except this "hey mr DJ" part..I guess she had to pay tribute to Madona somehow..). Unless they butcher the songs, like turning ACC into hip hop for instance, I think the new sound will be a refreshing change. She might be a bit biased right now regarding her past work but I think she will respect the songs. There will be so many fans waiting to hear those too. Can you imagine her touring in Mexico without properly singing JEAM? That song/performance is like an obsession there.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 AM

sjcrookston is on a distinguished road

That song and performance is an obsession everywhere. If she dare changes that song, I hope her fanbase is angry. That version of Moi Lolita was terrible and we still have no dances since 2003.

I miss Mylene.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:50 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

An artist should never be forced to perform a song in a certain way just because the fans want to. It's Alizée's songs, and if she's not 100% supportive of how they sound she should either choose not to perform them or change them according to how she likes.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

When she has her new band put together, it will be set up to perform Psychédélices songs. Just by necessity, they will have to orchestrate the the old songs at least somewhat differently. They probably won't have all LB's custom keyboard patches and sounds available to them either. I'd hate to see people angry at Alizée because of technical issues like that.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I don't think anyone in here would ever get angry at Alizee. I think some of us are just disappointed that she's choosing to change some very beautiful songs. When you watch her concert. There are so many songs where she looks and sounds so beautiful. In fact she looks like she is enjoying the moment so much herself, she has such a happy look on her face at numerous times, tha I cant possibly see how she could expect to improve on this. I'm afraid is she does change them, a tour in this country, if it ever happens will be a big disappointment.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

You never really know, it could be that they'll just play the songs on Psychédélices' instruments, rather than completely changing the style.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:14 PM

sjcrookston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
An artist should never be forced to perform a song in a certain way just because the fans want to. It's Alizée's songs, and if she's not 100% supportive of how they sound she should either choose not to perform them or change them according to how she likes.
And I am her fan, who isn't forced to listen or forced to feel happy when she changes things.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:31 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I think that if you don't like an artist, you're not a fan.