Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Unhappy R.I.P. Lillytown.

Let's hope I'm wrong about this, but I fear that I'm not...

Brothers and Sisters, lets have a few moments' silence as we pause and remember our former French counterpart, Alizée-Fanclub.Forumactif.net (formerly known as Lillytown Forum, or LTF for short.)

Yesterday, MerciAlizée and I had heard rumors that they were thinking of shutting down. Today I go there, and - nothing. They're gone. Poof!

A lot of us had joined them there - Roman, Lefty, Inclining Pizza, VVV, HRO, myself and many more. For a while, they were the premiere source to go to for any late-breaking Alizée news. Maybe their biggest problem was a lack of news to report these days.

I must say, it was very odd a few months ago, when they suddenly changed the site's name, web address, layout, and theme - back to the exact setup they'd started with in 2006! As if they no longer wished to acknowledge either of Lili's last two albums! True, a lot of the members there remained Mylène-heads down to the bitter end, holding out hope for a new album with MFéLB, but there were still a lot of members that were progress-minded, too. Yesterday, they were still actively discussing the song lineup for their dream UEDS concert series, commenting on the Tel Aviv performance, and all sorts of current issues. And now today- nada.

I heard that membership and participation was dwindling over there. But the admins and mods must've had some kind of meetings, or decision-making process, or something, right? MA and I have bee trying to find out more about this revolting development, but details are not coming easily.

So I guess this is a thread to share any info any of us discover, and/or to maybe pay final respects.

And, at least for the time being, it appears that Psychalizée.forum-actif.net will be continuing their valuable work. I'm gonna go check there in case they've got any light to shed on all this.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Jesus Christ man! I thought like maybe Alizée had died and fans were committing suicide or something. Or that AAm was coming to an end. JEEZ.

Dear God I hope that doesn't happen here. If something's up, let us know! Communication is the key in such relationships(?). Keep us posted so we can take preliminary action to prevent anything like that from happening here.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

They did the same thing a couple years ago (or last year? cant remember), but they actually posted a message in the website explaining why they were shutting down. They eventually came back a couple weeks later.

I'd suggest you to follow them on twitter to find out whats going on: http://twitter.com/AlizeeCommunity

Looks like they're coming back with a new forum that is going to be called AlizeeCommunity, I think Sebastien is not gonna be running the site anymore, only Julien et des autres francaises. Why are they shutting down ol good AFC? That I don't know, but I guess its just them not being happy with Alizee's attitude towards her career. Who knows, I haven't read their forum in ages.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

I second that!! Wasabi this place is like a second home for some of us. I would hate for something like that to happen to AAM, but I am sure Ben or any of the others that help govern AAM wouldn't just shut down the site without telling us.

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 08-12-2010 at 04:20 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
I second that!! Wasabi this place is like a second home for some of us. I would hate for something like that to happen to AAM, but I am sure Ben or any of the others that help govern AAM would just shut down the site without telling us.
I'm just guessing, here, but Loup, maybe you meant to say "wouldn't" there?

Edgar - hi, Edguy! - and hey thanks for some updates!

Wasabi and everyone else, sorry for the heart attacks. I'd change the title of the thread if I could, but I can't.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:24 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

EDGUY IS A GREAT BAND. also, thanks. and people who rage about an artists choice to do what they want makes me rage.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm just guessing, here, but Loup, maybe you meant to say "wouldn't" there?

Edgar - hi, Edguy! - and hey thanks for some updates!

Wasabi and everyone else, sorry for the heart attacks. I'd change the title of the thread if I could, but I can't.
Yeah sorry typo!! that happens when I type to fast lol I should have proofread. My mistake sorry.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

I wasn't very active there but I visited sometimes. It sucks to see a partner website shutdown8-(. I just hope something like that doesn't happen here, I met a lot of awsome people here. This place is like a second home to me.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494

Last edited by Marquis<3Alizée; 08-12-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM

Ronald is on a distinguished road

It's a shame the forum came to an end. I was also a member there, trying to read parts of it, really good for learning french.

A few weeks ago, I noticed some errors over there, so I joined the other french forum "psychalizee". I'm very active there, but only post rarely, one reply takes a lot of effort, but that's the beauty of a french forum.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Why are they shutting down ol good AFC? That I don't know, but I guess its just them not being happy with Alizee's attitude towards her career.
They have reason. Now me, I have a very strong suspicion bordering on certainty as to why Alizée is taking the attitude she is towards her career, which I can't talk about, and it's understandable. But as long as she is taking this ambivalent attitude and her fans in general don't understand why, it looks as if she doesn't give a damn about them. And that's not good.

At some point, she's going to have to make a decision. Does she want to pursue a musical career, or not? If she does, then it may be necessary to make a certain sacrifice. I will say no more.

Ils ont raison. Moi, j'ai une intuition forte, presque la certitude de pourquoi Alizée a l'attitude qu'elle a pour sa carrier, de que je ne peux pas parler, et c'est compréhensible. Mais depuis elle a l'attitude ambigue et les fans en général ne savent pas pourquoi, il semble comme elle n'a rien à faire de ses fans. C'est pas bien.

Finalement, elle doit faire une choix. Est-ce qu'elle veut avoir une cariere de la musique, ou non ? Si oui, peut-être c'est necessaire de faire un sacrifice certain. Je ne dirai pas plus.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716