Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2023, 08:40 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Just Wondering; - Does Alizee Speak Italian, too ?

I stumbled across this interview; where two Italian, I think, guys are interviewing her ( while they seem to argue with each other and claim her as their own , Ha ! ) But I think they are speaking Italian and Alizee seems to understand and answer them; so that I think Alizee can speak some Italian !
I do not know for sure; as the language translators, don't work right on my youtubes ! But perhaps someone else can answer the Question ! Does Alizee Speak Italian, too ? This wouldn't be so remarkable as Corsica is close to Italy and so I am sure some Italian is spoken there ! Anyway, here is the Interview.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:02 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Does Alizee Speak Italian, too ? This wouldn't be so remarkable as Corsica is close to Italy and so I am sure some Italian is spoken there ! Anyway, here is the Interview.
Corsican is (apparently) very close to Italian. So someone who is fluent in Corsican would be near-fluent in Italian.

https://www.quora.com/Do-most-Corsic...-speak-Italian

But is Alizee truly fluent in Corsican? I'm almost thinking that she isn't. Anybody know?
Old 10-09-2023, 08:42 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Corsican is (apparently) very close to Italian. So someone who is fluent in Corsican would be near-fluent in Italian.

https://www.quora.com/Do-most-Corsic...-speak-Italian

But is Alizee truly fluent in Corsican? I'm almost thinking that she isn't. Anybody know?
Ah ! Thank You, Mr. CouCou ! I didn't know that Corsican is close to Italian, so that is why Alizee understands them ! In the SAGA 1 episode, I think, She tells Fiore that her grandparents spoke Corsican to her in Corsica ,so she must have been able to understand some Corsican, and I think that she learned some Corsican songs then. So she must know some Corsican, too ! But is she completely fluent, I do not know !