Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-15-2007, 07:53 AM
J'ai Pas Vingt Ans

Lindgren is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée collection

anyone here know a good web site there i can start my alizee collection?
there i can buy posters , cds , dvds , magazine ( everything whit alizée ) .. maybe magazine aint available to buy over the internet :/?

Last edited by Lindgren; 12-15-2007 at 09:17 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindgren View Post
anyone here know a good web site there i can start my alizee collection?
there i can buy posters , cds , dvds , magazine ( everything whit alizée ) .. maby magazine aint available to buy over the internet :/?
hey lindgren,

you can go and search in google website what particulary you are searching for! you might get a good results from it

a good website is a "Google Website" go on
Old 12-15-2007, 01:24 PM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

You can always try eBay.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Just going to www.eBay.fr will provide the widest variety, bar none.

If you want to buy without worrying about bidding, you can pick up the more basic stuff at www.cdandlp.com, though that has fewer protections than eBay.

The site www.musicstack.com also has a reasonable collection of merchants selling Alizée items. These are generally the most predictable of the lot - usually only CD's and vinyls, though occasionally something else.

For official En Concert merchandise, such as still exists in stock, you can get it at www.charmandising.com. Be aware, however, that the shipping cost to the USA, if this is where you are, is huge. Unlike the previous three, however, this is an official merchant, not just a reseller portal.

The best assortment I've ever seen is on www.priceminister.com. They, however, do not ship to the USA. It has broken my heart many times, and I no longer even look there, as it just makes me sad every time.

There is always something at www.amazon.fr, but be careful there. Amazon isn't great about making sure the picture matches the item, especially when it comes to resellers using the marketplace.

Here's a picture of most of my current collection, primarily built from these sites:

Last edited by Cooney; 12-15-2007 at 01:41 PM..
Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Let's go to France :-)

alswamprat is on a distinguished road

Incredible collection Cooney! and I see you have room for more! Lots more!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:36 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
The best assortment I've ever seen is on www.priceminister.com. They, however, do not ship to the USA. It has broken my heart many times, and I no longer even look there, as it just makes me sad every time.
Like when trying to buy the Figaro - Madame magazine with Alizée in it, I found out to my horror that they don't ship to the U.S. Issue 1216, but where else has it?
Quote:
Here's a picture of most of my current collection, primarily built from these sites:
Cooney, I love you man. That is such a sweet collection. I love the way you organized it (and that's not all?)
I recently bought some of the old stuff, like a vinyl with a certain picture of Alizée just because I really wanted it and it was going cheap (well, cheap for an American). That's what will happen if one will scour eBay for new items.
I recently saw some really nine shelfs at Bombay (the store) because they are going out of business and selling everything. They were metal with glass shelves and bigger than yours there, but similar, except no sides or back, going for $250. I'd buy one, but now I'm thinking about moving. Life is hard. I've never wanted to constantly buy tons of stuff like this before, never.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Hey Evan, since you're a pretty big collector I wanted to ask: do you have any tips on keeping the autographed stuff pristine? It seems in that pic they're just out in the open. I was considering encasing them in Lucite or something, but maybe that's overkill.
Yeah, what was that stuff that Han Solo was encased in in Star Wars? Gotta get me a "clean room". Yeah, I agree with Cooney about being able to get to the thing, except that I would rarely if ever actually want to get to it. I wouldn't want to get my fingerprints on it too much. If it was something just flat, I might want to laminate it. But a packaged CD, just cover it with something clear. Still, everything costs money and you end up spending more on that than the item itself. But, for personally autographed stuff, that's a whole other matter.
For anyone's album that I listen to a lot, I always make a copy anymore and rarely touch the original. For some reason I often also think of resale value, even though I have no intention of ever selling any of my Alizée merchandise.

Theoretical ideas of analog to analog are pointless, it's all about the method/equipment that can produce the closest reproduction of sound during playback. It's like arguing about whether a straight line actually exists. Who cares? Can you draw one?

The best point is Snatcher's, I want him to send me any version that's only on vinyl as I would never play a vinyl unless I could get two of them, even if I had a good record player. All I know about is the MJ remix with 8 songs, which I do not have yet, though it's coming. Hey, I saw one go for 33EUR + shipping (which is not what I had to pay). When I get all the stuff I have coming now, I'll post. I think I almost have a collection worth showing. Might I have something Cooney does not? Nah.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Cooney, I love you man. That is such a sweet collection. I love the way you organized it (and that's not all?)
I recently bought some of the old stuff, like a vinyl with a certain picture of Alizée just because I really wanted it and it was going cheap (well, cheap for an American). That's what will happen if one will scour eBay for new items.
I recently saw some really nine shelfs at Bombay (the store) because they are going out of business and selling everything. They were metal with glass shelves and bigger than yours there, but similar, except no sides or back, going for $250. I'd buy one, but now I'm thinking about moving. Life is hard. I've never wanted to constantly buy tons of stuff like this before, never.
Glad to be inspirational :-P Indeed, while that's most of the things I have, that isn't all. Not present are the rest of the posters, about a dozen DVD's (official and otherwise), 5 albums, and my fish magnet. Also, there are 8 items currently in the mail which will be featured on the shelves in the coming week or two, as they show up. Ironically, they don't include the MJ vinyl or either of the MJ remix discs - I figured those would be easier to find later on, and plan to get them mid-January. I focused my current acquisitions on PLV's and media kits, which always end up hard to find later on.

Indeed, the urge to just keep buying stuff until there's nothing left to buy is huge. I figure I've got about $3500 in my collection, plus another $1500 or so spent on Alizée-related things (like going to France), and I don't see an end in sight! She's probably my biggest expense outside of rent, keeping pace with things like food and my car.

Quote:
Might I have something Cooney does not? Nah.
Quite possibly! Most likely it's something that isn't particularly rare or hard to find, I just haven't spent the money to get it yet! I could give a pretty big list of relatively basic items I don't have yet :-P There are a couple people on this forum that have big ticket items I don't have though - the Moi... Lolita press box, the En Concert after-party invitation kit, and the IFU vinyl come to mind.

Last edited by Cooney; 12-22-2007 at 10:47 PM..
Old 12-23-2007, 06:16 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, I might get the remix disks before you, but it would be nice to know when stuff will be more likely available and such so I could organize better. I figured I'd better get the more important stuff, like remix CD, then think about the possibility of spending $50+ on some piece of cardboard that says Alizée on it. Oh well, you live and learn, eh?
I also just really really wish I had some kind of complete inventory list of what all is out there. Hell, I haven't even gotten around to finding and seeing all of Alizée's performances I think - even once! I've been robbed by time. Still, I'm relatively happy about having most of the new stuff. And, yes, this is one area in life where if I thought I had all of the "official" merchandise (whatever that actually means) I wouldn't want any more and would feel fulfilled and happy in that endevour. Except for all the poster boards and stuff that they have at stores that one can not even get (like those giant ones at the Virgin Megastore), one might be able to eventually get everything that has so far been created this year. That's what I'm focused on and hope I can stay focused. All the old stuff quickly becomes tempting, but there's just so much and so little of it must be available after 7 years in some cases...it would be too depressing to try to get it all. Plus it's never quite the same as getting it when it's fairly new and everyone's looking for it and everyone wants it and one has scored and has it in his hoard and can gloat over it and take care of it over the years and keep it mint. Ok, I've never been much of a collector of anything, but I imagine it's something like that. Of course, there's one item I'd trade all other items for...

Merci Fanny
Old 12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

Damn it Cooney!
And I was pleased with just one copy of each album and the psychédélices vinyl!

Gaaah...my collection will never grow that big :P

OT : www.alapage.com is where I ordered my items from

Ps. Its a french site.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Hey Evan, since you're a pretty big collector I wanted to ask: do you have any tips on keeping the autographed stuff pristine? It seems in that pic they're just out in the open. I was considering encasing them in Lucite or something, but maybe that's overkill.