Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Tavil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
About skipping tracks... I can't say I'm the same. What initially made me an Alizée fan was the consistency of MCE, actually. I had heard Moi Lolita on and off for years before and loved it, but just assumed Lili was like any other pop star with one or two catchy singles and all the rest crap. Now I have three albums I can listen to straight through. It's great.
I agree!! Ive only really ever encountered like maybe 1 or 2 songs by her that I didn't care for. Which is a major feat. Alizée rules!!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

*Shots* (10 charcter rule)
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Actually, now that I think of it, that skipping issue only comes up when I'm playing all my music shuffled; I don't often listen to an album straight through, but I skip a lot less when I do that.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

OK, I will also confess. There is one Alizée song that I routinely skip, Abracadabra. There, I said it. I feel better now... And ocasionally I skip Veni Vedi Vici. (Don't hate me)

I don't skip any songs on MCE. Oh wait, if I have the international version playing, I usually skip "I'm fed Up" and "I'm Not Twenty".

I never shuffle songs. For some reason I've always prefered to play them in the order they were intended. I can't explain why.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
OK, I will also confess. There is one Alizée song that I routinely skip, Abracadabra. There, I said it. I feel better now... And ocasionally I skip Veni Vedi Vici. (Don't hate me)

I don't skip any songs on MCE. Oh wait, if I have the international version playing, I usually skip "I'm fed Up" and "I'm Not Twenty".

I never shuffle songs. For some reason I've always prefered to play them in the order they were intended. I can't explain why.
I usually just start the albums on my itunes and let them play, I rarely go back to switch the songs. The only time I do if I am really in the mood for a few songs. I also play them in order like you, I think its just that I am used to them in that order and I like to hear them that way.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Let's go to France :-)

alswamprat is on a distinguished road
Talking

I've only heard MJ all the way through but I was certainly very favorably impressed by all the new song samples on the official web site. Perhaps even delighted or giddy. I am impatiently waiting for my copy of the CD to arrive!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

So, are you avoiding the full songs on myspace.com/alizeeofficiel on purpose (some people here are), or do you just not know about it?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:46 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And DJ_Greg, I ask you to buy her new CD regardless of how you feel right now. I don't know if it will grow on you, but I can't help feeling that all of us here owe it to Alizée in a way. After all, all of us fans have been badgering her to come back for quite a while now. It's like talking someone into something and then not backing them up when the time comes.

I have come to this forum almost every day for the past year, emploring Alizée to come back, watching her videos, listening to her music, and just plain enjoying the hell out of talking about her with fellow fans. I figure that's worth the price of 1 CD, even if I hated it.
I would respectfully reply that I owe her nothing. I don't "owe" any musician anything, regardless of who they are. I buy music based on whether I like it - nothing more. (Not even considering that, to my knowledge, no other radio DJ in the United States was playing her songs).

And I have never badgered her to return. As someone who only discovered her in 2006, I never felt like I was "waiting" for a return.

Ryan Adams is one of my favorite musicians, but I don't plan on buying all of his albums. Jacksonville City Nights, for example, is just far too country to interest me. It's not a genre I enjoy, so I'm leaving that one alone. I don't owe it to him to buy that CD, just like I don't owe it to Alizée to buy her new album.

People's tastes don't always mesh with that of musicians. To my ear, this new Alizée album isn't very interesting. I'll pass. If she comes out with something I like in the future, great. But, in the meantime, I'm not forcing myself to listen to an album out of a misguided sense of obligation.

But as I said before, I am glad for those who ARE enjoying the new songs.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

if i may be so bold, DJ_Greg, i think your new girlfriend got to your head.

and i suggest you listen to Lily Town again!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Blasphemy!! VVV is one of her best songs. It's actually my third most played Alizée song! (Which also makes it third overall)

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 12-02-2007 at 04:30 AM..