Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Doctv, Deep, i think you two are both sensible enough to do the right thing here and not overdo it, but many others are not, and one is always walking a thin line when it comes to contacting Alizée or PapaJoe.
I myself would never do it, because i have no business in their personal lives, and i'm content to watch from afar what's going on.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Doctv, Deep, i think you two are both sensible enough to do the right thing here and not overdo it, but many others are not, and one is always walking a thin line when it comes to contacting Alizée or PapaJoe.
I myself would never do it, because i have no business in their personal lives, and i'm content to watch from afar what's going on.
I do try to err on the side of caution. I wouldn't have contacted Jo about Alizée, although I'm pretty sure he knew I was a fan. I contacted him via MySpace because there were problems with his web site and I wanted to see more of his photos of Corsica. He's a really good photographer and I have this obsession with the island where he lives. (Which may be part of the reason for my sense of connection with Alizée herself, although then again it may not and it certainly isn't the whole reason.)

A special problem comes in if you have a personal friendship with someone who knows a celebrity. Not only do you have to try to avoid the appearance of stalking, but you also need to make sure your friend doesn't get the idea you're only interested in him/her as a way to contact the celeb. It's something you always have to be conscious of.

All I was really saying is that I don't feel docdtv stepped over the line. I certainly wasn't saying that no line exists.

Lefty, that's good news. I have a real feeling about this song. I think it's going to be a big hit. It may even be what breaks Alizée into the U.S. music market (and then she'll have to wear dark glasses when visiting New York).

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Chain pulling...I think not. It's not that you messaged him, it's more what you said. It's just very creepy, just imagine someone sending you a message saying something similar about your daughter.
I'd be touched and flattered in Daddyzée's place!
Different strokes, Jung. And I have news for you:
You're not the arbiter of good taste in the world.
Conversation over.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

WOW!!!!

Lefty, thanks so much for posting those pics. Everyone who can, read those three pages. There are wonderful hints in there about this album and what it's trying to say.

If no one else does, I'll post a translation this weekend. All I'll say now is: Don't anyone ever again suggest that Alizée is anyone's puppet.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Having an offbeat sense of humor is one thing. I'm all for that. Mr Jacotey actually expects this from time to time. However, After reading this thread, this is what I see as creepy about this entire situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
I'm beginning to suspect you are not really a member of The Cult...
And then there is this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Different strokes, Jung. And I have news for you:
You're not the arbiter of good taste in the world.
Conversation over.
A psychologist would have a field day with this last statement. Don't bother to answer docdtv. It would only dig the hole deeper. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's my two cents and you don't get change.

To get back on track here:

Very nice Lefty. Media kits are out and the journey is about to begin.

I do agree with docdtv, the amount of words in track doesn't matter as to how good the track it. It is what it is.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
\

Awesome....
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
\

If no one else does, I'll post a translation this weekend.
that would be great!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Orion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
It's kind of Orion's schtick to get super excited whenever Alizée releases something new, and predict that it will be the most awesome thing ever and that everyone will love it. I seem to recall him doing the exact same thing when Psych was released.
well, the last time, for Psych, I said, BEFORE THE ALBUM CAME OUT that what Alizée MUST do is make sure that her FIRST single IS the best one on her album. I was VERY disappointed about MJ being that single!!! I explained WHY, and I explained WHAT was wrong with the vocals AND with the video. HEll I even told everybody that it will be "Vogue" Africanish dancing even before we got to see that part.

So, knowing that^ MAYBE some people WILl finally start to understand me more, since I will be here to put things straight whenever someone ahs a question about be or my character.

BTW I know this is OT, but PLEASE let me have this post for now.

I DO get excited when Lili releases new material, I get all positive to keep the fans in that mood too. WHY? Becasue I have seen first hand what happens when suddenly people spread negative feelings towards the album before it even comes out. I just try to do my part and be positive. AND what I said in that quote IS true though: the english? French lyrics ARE INDEED a good thing for her first single for the sole purpose of getting picked up in places of Europe and Abroad WHERE English music overpowers the local scene!!! Also, like I said, it will be a good track to possibly get spread in clubs etc. YES! That is being positive . . it is my "schtick" right!? Werll I don;t just say it for the hell of it, there is also SOME legitimacy in my "schtick."

BTW, I waill say here what I have been saying over at AF for ages now:

AAm forever___ AF forever___ the fans forever!!

I am NOT crazy, I am not mean, I try to be always fair, even knowing that sometimes w3hat I do as mod/admin may not be popular, but the record is there to speak for itself folks.

I care about people, I don't hate anyone. I care about the fans. I have told Alizée how much she is LUCKY to have fans like YOU guys! I actually DID THAT.I mentioned this forum My forum and the French forums. My liking you or not ahs nothing to do with pitting forums against each other. ALL Lili forums are a community of the greatest kind. We are special fans.

If there is ever a problem, we need to talk and get things straight instead of going apeshit

anyway, for this new album, I say we wait until we have heard everything . . . and TRY to be positive for now as best some of us can haha

Thanks for hearing me out guys. I hope that my stay here does not disrupt too much. If it does, I will stay away.

Pace e salut!

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
OMG OMG Orion said it so it has to be true. He says the same things over and over again about everything that comes out.
. . . yeah apperantly

Nice constructive post, btw . . never missing a beat!

anyway, peace just the same. I'm tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
About the same or slightly slower. The song writer definitely needs a larger vocabulary when it comes to the lyrics.

Why my comment about larger vocabulary. Definitely the chorus was put in to kill some time in the song.

3:44 in length.

85 seconds Lyrics

87 seconds for the chorus

First chorus
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never ever want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.

Second chorus
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.

Third chorus

Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you.
Never want to leave you

Time killer and space filler.

52 seconds music
haha great post!

Well I as saying the same over at AF . . . I mentioned HOW hard it would be to instead select some nice poetic lyrics there to go with the soft beat instead of "never want to leave you" SO many damn times. ( also part of my "schtick," btw . . to critique where it is needed)

I mentioned how sometimes, asking FANS would produce a better song for her. It's true though: what you just said is true . . WHY not put more lyrics there. HOW hard can it be to input some cool lyrics or atleast SOMETHING vocally stimulating other than the repetitive lyrics we have. . . . .

What else can we do though. This song has SO MUCH potential, but it was missing that one thing in the middle. ( btw, I hope I am a bit more clear now to those that think I "schtick" to extreme blind positiveness I say what needs to be said, as I hope you guys do to.

I have been with Lili since 2000 . . I am still here, and it's not because I am "crazy." I can still critique

Last edited by Orion; 02-24-2010 at 09:30 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

I wonder if the songwriters she's using for this album are familiar with Middle Eastern or Indian music. Those tend to use repetition more than western music normally does.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I wonder if the songwriters she's using for this album are familiar with Middle Eastern or Indian music. Those tend to use repetition more than western music normally does.
Hmm, interesting observation. Do we know who the writers are, as of yet?? That'd definitely be something interesting to look into. It'll give me more of a reason to research Middle Eastern music!!