Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
The lush orchestrated sound of those first 2 albums didn't get repetitive to me.
This is why I enjoy Laurent in general. We sometimes focus on Alizée's voice and fail to really appreciate what Laurent did on composition. His compositions are very rich and contain some very nice little twists, which complement the twists of the lyrics as well. But they also can stand very well alone.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
thats like complaining that "Stairway To Heaven" is too long.... *V8 commercial style smack*

im waiting on like a freaking 20 minute super alizée song that combines elements from "gourmandises","mes courants électriques","psychédélices" and the new album
Have you ever downloaded any of the "megamixes"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
This is why I enjoy Laurent in general. We sometimes focus on Alizée's voice and fail to really appreciate what Laurent did on composition. His compositions are very rich and contain some very nice little twists, which complement the twists of the lyrics as well. But they also can stand very well alone.
+1 but yes, it is the combination of great vocals by Alizée (written and directed by Mylène) and the great music (composed by Laurent) that makes them musically great songs.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I totally agree. I like Mylene a lot and I wouldn't take anything away from her, but I think Laurent's contribution to Alizée's songs is just as significant.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i loved how her first albums songs were longer than what im used to. i mean, it made it more enjoyable in a way. and though im glad that she's split off to become her own idependent singer and such, i liked the songs she had with Farmer and Laurent a lot. actually wouldn't mind it if she hadn't split off.

BUT. both way works. Alizee is Alizee.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I totally agree. I like Mylene a lot and I wouldn't take anything away from her, but I think Laurent's contribution to Alizée's songs is just as significant.

Ditto! These were three wonderfully talented people who seemed to be such a great fit for one another.

As far as her songs being repititous. There are a few that are that way, but I think Toc de mac is the only one that makes me start thinking about pushing the forward button.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree, too. I said this before: Alizée should work together with Boutonnat again and write her own lyrics. That would be a very nice combination. It would be interesting to find out what she would write about.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
...im waiting on like a freaking 20 minute super alizée song that combines elements from "gourmandises","mes courants électriques","psychédélices" and the new album
Maybe, with the new album, you will get your wish. As she is doing a themed album almost anything goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Ditto! These were three wonderfully talented people who seemed to be such a great fit for one another...
Yes. I agree. He is an incredible talent. He knew exactly what kind of backing brought out the best qualities of her voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
...Alizée should work together with Boutonnat again ... That would be a very nice combination.
It would be, but unfortunitely those days are gone.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i think this was a great song but they could not figure out how to end it, so they just kept going. my dad use to sing this to us while driving in the car.

http://<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bt2eF1IJtSE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bt2eF1IJtSE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Karlalizee; 06-21-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Actually, it seems the extended repeating ending was a mini trend in those days. Two examples come imediately to mind, "Hey Jude" by the Beatles and "Atlantis" by Donovan.
Both were released in 1968. "Two Hangmen" was released in 1969, I believe.

I love finding these old songs that were big hits at one time and then all but forgotten. Thanks for the post, Karla...