Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I don't think anything like "Alizee felt this way about MF" or "Alizee regrets leaving that team for these reasons" should be presented as a factual statement ever, ever. We don't know what was going through her head at any point - we may have an idea or we can infer from things she's said, but nothing like that can be known for sure and to say otherwise is a little silly.

Here's a question, from me to you guys: What IF Alizee had never left MF-LB? What might they have done with her image, and would we have approved?

In the book Lolita, the titular character (whom Alizee's image at the time was based on) grew up to be a worn, sad, broken young woman and died at an early age. Perhaps MF would have continued to follow this character (though very loosely at this point) and given Alizee's image a bad girl flavor with more underlying dark tones to her music. MF's own music and image can be pretty twisted and dark from what I've seen. Maybe Alizee's tattoos and "I'm not answering to anyone but me" attitude aren't that far off from what MF would have had her doing anyway.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There was a member who I haven't seen post in the past year or so who said that there used to be a dark side if not to all, certainly most of the songs that were written for Alizee by MF. I don't beleive all of them had a dark side, but who knows. The only exception being the songs rewritten into English.

Now MF likes to go in that direction apparently, certainly for herself and I'm sure that's the direction she wanted Alizee to go in, but that doesn't mean that things couldn't have been different?

Most of us English only speaking types are handicapped by having to read the interpretations of the French story and we are handicapped by most of us being over 3,000 miles away from where everything is happening or should I say happened, but I believe Alizee was unhappy when she found out there was a deeper, darker meaning, in addition to the obvious meanings of the songs and that was "part" of the reason for the break up.

But I think if Alizee had gone to MF and said, "I don't mind being sexy (in fact I think she enjoyed that), but I don't want to be vulgar.", then something could've been worked out.

Now maybe MF would have said "I'm sorry, but raunchy is the direction I like to go and if you don't want to go in that direction, it's time we part company.", but I don't believe that. I think Alizee was unhappy with the deep down meanings of her song and something could have been worked out, but there were other factors, mainly involving Jeremy, that led to them not even trying to reach that happy medium.

As far as does Alizee regret leaving them? Absolutely! Just for the sake that every song they wrote for her was a good song and for the sake she was a somebody when she was with them. In France, she's still a nobody. I think she had the mistaken impression that her success was due mostly to her and not to them and she didn't realize until too late, that without good songs and good music, she is just another good voice in a sea full of many.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-04-2013 at 09:49 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I think she made a bigger mistake disappearing for 4 years. She appears to have lost her work ethic.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I think she would have been much bigger than she is now and I think most people here would accept, follow, and like her no matter what she does. To her credit she really did create loyal fans who show her unconditional love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I think she made a bigger mistake disappearing for 4 years. She appears to have lost her work ethic.
Agreed.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
What might they have done with her image
Something like this

Or this

Quote:
would we have approved?

And would she be popular ?

Absolutely but only as a sex object
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Agreed! Also, she's a victim of circumstances. Can you imagine if we had Youtube back in 2000-02 during the height of her career? Or fb and twitter in those years? I'm pretty sure she would have kept in touch with her fans. And most of her fans would not have felt abandoned and thus, moved on.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Disappearing was a huge mistake on her part. All she had to do was throw her fans a bone once in a while and she would have had fans forever, but she dumped them like a hot potato. She also dumped those who worked with her and relied on her for some income. She gave no thought to them or her fans.

But when she came back, great songs could have overcome that, but the songs weren't all that good and the total package was so far behind in what it used to be.

I don't think it's a case of her being a victim of circumstance. I think it's more a case of her being young and naive. Taken out of school at far too early an age. She didn't learn the lessons that school can teach you and she certainly didn't learn the lessons that life can teach you. She's learning them now, but by the time she learns enough, I think it will be too late.

EDIT:
Well I guess by definitition; that does make her a victim of circumstance.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-04-2013 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There was a member who I haven't seen post in the past year or so who said that there used to be a dark side if not to all, certainly most of the songs that were written for Alizee by MF. I don't beleive all of them had a dark side, but who knows. The only exception being the songs rewritten into English.

Now MF likes to go in that direction apparently, certainly for herself and I'm sure that's the direction she wanted Alizee to go in, but that doesn't mean that things couldn't have been different?

Most of us English only speaking types are handicapped by having to read the interpretations of the French story and we are handicapped by most of us being over 3,000 miles away from where everything is happening or should I say happened, but I believe Alizee was unhappy when she found out there was a deeper, darker meaning, in addition to the obvious meanings of the songs and that was "part" of the reason for the break up.

But I think if Alizee had gone to MF and said, "I don't mind being sexy (in fact I think she enjoyed that), but I don't want to be vulgar.", then something could've been worked out.

Now maybe MF would have said "I'm sorry, but raunchy is the direction I like to go and if you don't want to go in that direction, it's time we part company.", but I don't believe that. I think Alizee was unhappy with the deep down meanings of her song and something could have been worked out, but there were other factors, mainly involving Jeremy, that led to them not even trying to reach that happy medium.

As far as does Alizee regret leaving them? Absolutely! Just for the sake that every song they wrote for her was a good song and for the sake she was a somebody when she was with them. In France, she's still a nobody. I think she had the mistaken impression that her success was due mostly to her and not to them and she didn't realize until too late, that without good songs and good music, she is just another good voice in a sea full of many.
I think that was definitely a factor that contributed to Alizee leaving MF. I think I remember her stating in the past that when she became aware of the play-on-words style of Mylene's lyrics and underlying sexual innuendos, she felt uncomfortable with them. I also agree that something definitely could have been worked out, but Alizee was young and naive, and she was presumably in love with Jeremy at the time. Love can make you blind. Plus I'm assuming (and I could be wrong) that the work that went into creating and promoting Alizee's music and image were essentially funded by Mylene herself, so I have to wonder how much she would have been willing to compromise when the entire thing was on her own time and money.

I also wonder how much she likes singing good songs that were written by someone else with little input from her, as opposed to songs that are subpar (but not terrible) that she oversaw the making of herself. I'd like to think there are more factors that went into her thought process than success, but in the end I don't know for sure.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

The discussion about song meaning is off topic, and getting a bit out of hand.

I moved the civil posts to the proper thread in the Alizée translation section, and deleted the few that were not.

Please remain civil and respectful, even if you are disagreeing with someone. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is at least 16 or 17, so everyone should be able to do this.

Last edited by BrianO1; 02-05-2013 at 05:38 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM

foxy is on a distinguished road

I don't think it was off-topic because the thread is about Alizee and MF...
Whatever, I don't understand the lyrics, so I' m not bothered by the double meanings