Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-21-2019, 06:23 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Alrighty...

I haven't really checked "Instagram" and "stuff" recently, been too busy being really damn sick, however, I'll have a look now.

The "Mon cœur fait (vanity) boum" Instagram post, well, that is a very nice little "arrangement". Very "artistic' and slightly "understated".

Sound like any one we know.

Now, my "new agey" self is looking at this, and you know me, I see a very small "altar" here.

Yes, I know, it's just me.

The "Bambi/Fawn" might be a recurring "theme", and y'know, it would be a very fitting "Spirit Animal" for "herself", in so many ways.

I find myself wondering if the candle is "fragranced", and if so, which? "Jasmine" would be fitting in this situation, for it's "properties".

Now, the "grass" in the vase, not sure what it is, maybe just an ornamental "Rye" grass, but it could also be immature "Sweetgrass" maybe, which would also be quite "fitting", again for it's "properties".

Now you are probably thinking "hmm, has "RedRafe" gone a little more "peculiar" than usual", taking into account his "military background"???

Nopes...

Once upon a time, long ago, I dated this "outrageously cute" Irish military nurse, for about ooo a good four years, and the "new agey" stuff was her "thing". From her I learned "Reflexology", "Accupressure", "Aromatherapy", and, "Reiki". (She was my "Valentine" "memories" reference.)

All essential "military skills" hmm, but, if a 5'11'', "perfectly proportioned", "10x cuter than" Sinéad O'Connor "lookalike", (waay back when she was "tres tres cute", every Irish girl wanted to be her, way before she just got "gobsmackingly out of her mind"), requires you to learn these things, you learn them fast, and get darn good at them very quick.

I mean, oh good grief, what a horribly "demanding" chore, having to continually gently massage this tall, "pale", "Celtic Warrior Goddess", with warm scented oils.

Every chance I got, and that was a lot, and, trust me, the "happy endings" were great fun.

On my "cute" scale: Alizée = 15/10. Bernadette = 18/10.

<Step away from the "Pitchforks" and "Torches", you know I utterly "adore" Alizée>

I like them "tall", and, she had this "Wiccan", ever so slightly "witchy" thing going, that just made her even more oh so "irresistable" to me.

Anyway, enough of that...

Edit:

Now, the " 17 Février , premier bain de l’année" Jon Snow "Instagram" post...

NOO Jon Snow, STAY OUT OF THE WATER... "I HAS COOKIES"...

Aiieeeeee... Too late...

A "super sweet", cool, "handsome", "puppy", with seemingly an utterly wonderful "laid back" temperament.

"Thank the Buddha" I don't have to "groom" him, for after a visit to the beach like this, we are probably talking about a 3hr "wash, brush and blow dry" "hot date" with his Alizée.

Oh to be a "fly on the wall" there, with a glass of Wine and some Popcorn. D'you think I would learn some new French "curses"...

Last edited by RedRafe; 02-21-2019 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-21-2019, 06:58 PM
Neutral Good

Hmmm...

What... Go look at Greg's posts...

I don't wanna go look at Greg's posts, he's not my kinda cute!!!

Well, it does indeed look like Greg has been "hogging" all of the "goodies"...

Looking at his "Instagram" page...

The "Comme un dimanche de février à Ajaccio" Instagram post...

Well...

<sigh>

Is he not just the luckiest guy in the Universe, I mean seriously...

There he is, in a fairly good imitation of "Paradise", with Alizée and Jon Snow.

It just can't get any better than that.

You can see that she just adores him, he just looks like a "Tomcat" that has had waay too much "cream", (do you really blame him ), and, Jon Snow looks like his "havoc is wreaked", and it is time to go home.

Can't never ever get "too much cream", and, if I was Greg there, I'd be "smooching me some more of it".

A wonderful shot of two people that I really admire, for a lot of reasons.

If Greg ever has reason to doubt himself, god forbid, all he has to do is to look into the eyes of his Alizée, that utterly totally adores him, and he will see there, reflected in her eyes, his true stature in life.

'Nuff said...

Last edited by RedRafe; 02-21-2019 at 07:00 PM..
Old 02-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
You can see that she just adores him, he just looks like a "Tomcat" that has had waay too much "cream", (do you really blame him ), and, Jon Snow looks like his "havoc is wreaked", and it is time to go home.
And to think one of Alizee and Greg's first conversations had her saying she was still in love with Annily's father, and that it was a love that only comes once a lifetime.

He had lots and lots of patience to get to this point.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
And to think one of Alizee and Greg's first conversations had her saying she was still in love with Annily's father, and that it was a love that only comes once a lifetime.

He had lots and lots of patience to get to this point.
“it was a love that only comes once a lifetime”.

When you are young, and, it is maybe kind of your “first” love it does kind of seem that way, that there will be no other love like it, and that you may never “love” again, even.

In a way it is a view that is both “right” and “wrong”, for, y’know you WILL love again, even if you really don’t want to, and yes there will not ever be a love quite like it ever again, for you will find that you actually love everyone else in your life, in that particular situation, differently, for they are actually different people, don’t you know.

Now, in my experience it takes about 5 to 7 years to “bleed clean” and heal enough, before you feel that it might just be “appropriate” to think about another “serious” relationship, and that you might just be “ready”.

Now if you are involved with someone in that situation then all you can really do is just “hang on” as tightly as you can, until they “weather” their “storm” and “come out the other side”, and, if you are lucky, then you may find that your perseverance and patience have “paid off”, and you indeed are “the one”.

If not...

Speaking personally, there have been 3 “great loves” in my life, I have been very very lucky, but also very “cursed”.

“Very lucky” in the fact that they were all truly beautiful, utterly wonderful women, actually way more wonderful than I truly deserved, and “cursed” in the fact that due to my “military career choices”, I was never ever there when It REALLY mattered, when it it was truly important.

I was too busy “gallivanting” all over the place trying to save a world that really didn’t care, from itself.

Not a good situation, and it was “the kiss of death” for ANY relationship that I’ve ever had.

And, unfortunately every time one of these “great loves” “bites the dust”, it becomes that so much harder to actually trust someone else in the future, to allow yourself to “love”, or be “loved”...

It can be a huge obstacle to overcome, but if you find the right person, one that is truly worth the effort, then no effort required is truly too great.

I think maybe “herself” was worth waaay more to Greg than any effort involved, don’t you think.

Last edited by RedRafe; 02-25-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Old 02-25-2019, 07:53 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
It can be a huge obstacle to overcome, but if you find the right person, one that is truly worth the effort, then no effort required is truly too great.

I think maybe “herself” was worth waaay more to Greg than any effort involved, don’t you think.
Greg was a fan of Alizee when she rose to stardom. What isn't generally known is if he remained a fan once she married and went a different direction. Maybe he forgot about her until the day he finds out he was going to be her dance partner at DALS, then

I would be interested in his story.

I had heard that Alizee wanted a gay dance partner for DALS. I assume that she requested it because she did not want to get close to a guy that might have other things on his mind besides dancing. If I were Greg, I would get just a "wee bit" put off if I was selected after she made that request but I'm sure it was quickly forgotten once she stepped into the room.

Alizee puts the wall up between them right away. Even so, he had a once in a lifetime chance to win her over, and I'm sure every effort has been rewarded ten times over.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That brings up what might be a good question to add to the list. I believe there were 4 other professional male dancers besides Gregoire. How did he get chosen to be paired up with Alizee and what was his reaction?

I checked the ratings for all the DALS shows and season 4, the one with Alizee in it is still the show with the highest ratings!

dals ratings resized.jpg
Old 02-25-2019, 11:18 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

Alizee puts the wall up between them right away. Even so, he had a once in a lifetime chance to win her over, and I'm sure every effort has been rewarded ten times over.

Alizée could have had any man she wanted. She could have married a millionaire, but she is smarter than that. CleverCoboy is right that she put up a barrier between herself and Greg. I think she was accustom to guys constantly hitting on her, fawning over her, trying to bed her, and she was tired of having to fend them off. She didn't want to make another mistake or to be hurt again, but Greg is exactly the right guy. He had a lot going against him, but he is the perfect match. He knew how to talk to her, he responded to her every emotional nuance, he was--and I presume--still is very patient with her. I tend to think Alizée is a high-maintenance girl and Greg is up for that. It appears to me that Alizée needs a very supportive, patient, and gentle man. Greg appears firm but gentle and tolerant of her idiosyncrasies. He fits the bill. In return, he's got the golden girl.

Last edited by Shepherd; 02-26-2019 at 12:08 AM..
Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizée could have had any man she wanted. She could have married a millionaire, but she is smarter than that. CleverCoboy is right that she put up a barrier between herself and Greg. I think she was accustom to guys constantly hitting on her, fawning over her, trying to bed her, and she was tired of having to fend them off. She didn't want to make another mistake or to be hurt again, but Greg is exactly the right guy. He had a lot going against him, but he is the perfect match. He knew how to talk to her, he responded to her every emotional nuance, he was--and I presume--still is very patient with her. I tend to think Alizée is a high-maintenance girl and Greg is up for that. It appears to me that Alizée needs a very supportive, patient, and gentle man. Greg appears firm but gentle and tolerant of her idiosyncrasies. He fits the bill. In return, he's got the golden girl.

What he said!!

Shepherd, between yourself and CC I think you guys hit the various “nuances” of the situation “right on the nose”.

Once again, “respect”...

I think he was the “very right person” at the “right place”, at the “right time”.

They look good together, and it feels “appropriate”, if you know what I mean.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Alizée is by far a woman who doesn't fit the mold. How many women in this country have moved to L.A. to be a part of the Hollywood scene? How many women in France would have moved to Paris, to be a part of their entertainment industry? Alizée never liked Paris, or at least when it came in comparison to Corsica. She moved there because the man she loved at the time was from Paris. In a video of an interview I just posted, she mentioned that in Paris, she can't look out her window and see the sea, as she did in Ajaccio.

After her separation from Jeremy, there was no more love for her of the city of Paris. It didn't matter to her that if you want a career in show business and you live in France, Paris is the place to be. Her true love was Corsica and Ajaccio.

Again, Alizée is not your average woman. She is a unique woman. If you love her, if you truly want to please this gem of a woman, you have to be willing to be a part of her and her simple loves of life and that is family, Ajaccio and Corsica. Gregoire, because of his success as a professional dancer, could have been with many a beautiful woman, but he realized she was unique. To be with her, to make her happy, would take sacrifice and I think he was one of the few celebrities, willing to make that sacrifice. He looks like a man who is as special as her.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-26-2019 at 08:27 AM..
Old 02-26-2019, 01:31 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Alizée is by far a woman who doesn't fit the mold. How many women in this country have moved to L.A. to be a part of the Hollywood scene? How many women in France would have moved to Paris, to be a part of their entertainment industry? Alizée never liked Paris, or at least when it came in comparison to Corsica. She moved there because the man she loved at the time was from Paris. In a video of an interview I just posted, she mentioned that in Paris, she can't look out her window and see the sea, as she did in Ajaccio.

After her separation from Jeremy, there was no more love for her of the city of Paris. It didn't matter to her that if you want a career in show business and you live in France, Paris is the place to be. Her true love was Corsica and Ajaccio.

Again, Alizée is not your average woman. She is a unique woman. If you love her, if you truly want to please this gem of a woman, you have to be willing to be a part of her and her simple loves of life and that is family, Ajaccio and Corsica. Gregoire, because of his success as a professional dancer, could have been with many a beautiful woman, but he realized she was unique. To be with her, to make her happy, would take sacrifice and I think he was one of the few celebrities, to make that sacrifice. He looks like a man who is as special as her.

I was surprised that Alizée didn't jump at the opportunity to live in Paris with all its glamour, then again I was surprised she chose a dance instructor as her man instead of some high-muckety-muck. In both instances, she made the right choice. I think she is completely honest with herself and the world. She is complex with a desire for modest pleasures--short of brand named clothing. She is undefinable. She is unique. She is the Paragon.

And Gregoire, you see all the gorgeous women he has access to, and yet he knew from the beginning as a mere fan dating Alizée look-alikes, she was what he really wanted. For Alizée he would put his career at risk to sooth her jealousy. She could not have made a better choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js20GL-w34Q

Last edited by Shepherd; 02-26-2019 at 01:40 AM..