Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

I'll never forget the first time I saw Alizee in Amsterdam video. I first saw her in her Moi Lolita music video and thought she was pretty but her whole getup and spritely dancing in Amsterdam was just astonishing to me... I've never stopped thinking about her since then and have had gfs etc before and since but here I am.. To this day that Amsterdam video is my favorite not JEAM like most afaict

She really is my ideal frankly and it kind of ruined a relationship, through no fault of her own (nor said gf, she just found my collection.. lol).. She has kind of ruined me for normal relationships lol.

In terms of an X-factor I think alot of it is she just has a perfect face.. tho I'm biased of 15 years of following her haha
Old 03-28-2019, 07:20 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Everybody else might pique my interest for a short while until I lose interest, but somehow Alizee persists. That is the x-factor that unique only to her and I cannot figure it out.
I'd say in general, there is something "evocative" about Alizee's looks and there is something "evocative" about Alizee's personality.

Looks and personality are technically separate, but in the mind of an observer, they are force-multipliers of one another, synergistic.

In terms of personality, we've talked about her physical coordination.

Then there's what I call the introvert/extrovert thing. Some women are introverts, some are extroverts--- but Alizee's personality has the best of both; she combines the sensitivity of an introvert with the confidence of an extrovert. (Or something like that.)

Its the way she poses in photographs. Her poses don't look like poses--- its like she's looking right at you.

Its her facial expressions, and her expressiveness in general. She "connects" with you.

Q: What do you call a beautiful woman who is a master of non-verbal communication?

A: Alizee.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 03-28-2019 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
I'll never forget the first time I saw Alizee in Amsterdam video. I first saw her in her Moi Lolita music video and thought she was pretty but her whole getup and spritely dancing in Amsterdam was just astonishing to me... I've never stopped thinking about her since then and have had gfs etc before and since but here I am.. To this day that Amsterdam video is my favorite not JEAM like most afaict
Alizee's outfits are definitely a hook. How many other singers wear a sailor suit or "Miam! Miam!" across their waist? Of course, zero. Even when she wore sweatpants she looks polished. I remember watching JEAM, my first video, and kept wondering who WAS this girl?

Quote:
She really is my ideal frankly and it kind of ruined a relationship, through no fault of her own (nor said gf, she just found my collection.. lol).. She has kind of ruined me for normal relationships lol.
My fanship of Alizee is certainly no secret but I wouldn't offer it up to anybody I was in a relationship with. If I was asked (by her or anybody) if there was a female celebrity that I admire, I would say Alizee without hesitation. If I had a gf that found my media collection, the first problem would be why she was on my computer without my knowledge. Girls are much more competitive for a guy's attention than the other way around, and a gf might consider Alizee competition. But if I was given the ultimatum of destroying my collection and quit following Alizee or my gf would walk, I would hold the door open for her. If you invite that level of insecurity into your life, having to give up Alizee would just be the beginning. I'm an older guy and never found Alizee to interfere with what I had going on in my life relationship-wise.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you invite that level of insecurity into your life, having to give up Alizee would just be the beginning. I'm an older guy and never found Alizee to interfere with what I had going on in my life relationship-wise.
As a female, I have to say I agree, and I appreciate what you say. I would never be threatened by a man who was a fan of a celebrity. If anything, I would be impressed that he had that level of awareness and appreciation for beauty and talent. The only danger, of course, is if he somehow expected me to exist on a level that he imagined the celebrity would have.

I once knew a woman whose husband thought she spent all day at home wearing high heels and full makeup. She let him think that, and changed into his fantasy look each day before he came home. That was a sad, artificial relationship and not headed anywhere good.

It's just common sense. A man in a real life relationship with a woman can still have a deep admiration for Alizée without any danger to a healthy, real life relationship. It's only if he has unrealistic fantasies or expectations which get in the way that it could be a problem. Or, of course, if the woman is insecure.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 03-28-2019 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 09:08 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee's outfits are definitely a hook. How many other singers wear a sailor suit or "Miam! Miam!" across their waist? Of course, zero. Even when she wore sweatpants she looks polished. I remember watching JEAM, my first video, and kept wondering who WAS this girl?
The way she smiled and pranced around that Amsterdam stage I'm not sure any outfit would have mattered.. Though it certainly didn't hurt

Quote:
My fanship of Alizee is certainly no secret but I wouldn't offer it up to anybody I was in a relationship with. If I was asked (by her or anybody) if there was a female celebrity that I admire, I would say Alizee without hesitation. If I had a gf that found my media collection, the first problem would be why she was on my computer without my knowledge. Girls are much more competitive for a guy's attention than the other way around, and a gf might consider Alizee competition. But if I was given the ultimatum of destroying my collection and quit following Alizee or my gf would walk, I would hold the door open for her. If you invite that level of insecurity into your life, having to give up Alizee would just be the beginning. I'm an older guy and never found Alizee to interfere with what I had going on in my life relationship-wise.
It never got to that point and my collection really wasn't the nail in the coffin exactly I suppose, but it certainly didn't help. I'm pretty sure we'd have broken up Alizee or no Alizee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
As a female, I have to say I agree, and I appreciate what you say. I would never be threatened by a man who was a fan of a celebrity. If anything, I would be impressed that he had that level of awareness and appreciation for beauty and talent. The only danger, of course, is if he somehow expected me to exist on a level that he imagined the celebrity would have.
Oh yah, I never did/asked that kind of thing, lol
Quote:
I once knew a woman whose husband thought she spent all day at home wearing high heels and full makeup. She let him think that, and changed into his fantasy look each day before he came home. That was a sad, artificial relationship and not headed anywhere good.
wow, talk about alot of work everyday..

Quote:
It's just common sense. A man in a real life relationship with a woman can still have a deep admiration for Alizée without any danger to a healthy, real life relationship. It's only if he has unrealistic fantasies or expectations which get in the way that it could be a problem. Or, of course, if the woman is insecure.
I wouldn't ever say it was actually Alizee's fault (there's no way she could ever be at fault, but I do wonder where I'd be without ever having heard of her.. lol
Old 03-29-2019, 11:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

In terms of an X-factor I think alot of it is she just has a perfect face.. tho I'm biased of 15 years of following her haha
I think Moi Lolita in Amsterdam was such a defining moment for Alizée in her first couple of years performing. In a story I've told many times before, but we have new members now, so I'll say it again, I first discovered her by looking for a Madonna song and in one of my, I think it was Google video search returns at the time, I saw that image for Alizée and La Isla Bonita. I thought she was good looking and had a good voice, but she was singing someone else's song, so at that point, I wasn't very impressed.

Then I saw one of the related videos that popped up afterwards was for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam. I had been there on my honeymoon and liked it there and so I clicked on that one and that is when my jaw hit the floor.
Now I think out of the pre MCE era, this one takes the cake. This is the creme de la creme.

I've also mentioned in here before, maybe too many times before, how I look to see if the singer/band I'm watching, is having a good time.
Years ago, I was reading an interview of a member of a long successfrul rock group. He was asked if he minded playing the same songs over and over again. He said "As long as they come out to listen to the same stupid songs, we'll keep playing them.". That really bothered me, that I might go to a concert and someone up in the band is thinking " We'll play these stupid songs again for these people.".

So I really look to see if a singer/band is enjoying what they are doing or if they are just going through the motions

One of my favorite performances of all time is when the Eagles had the guitar solo which was actually a duet in 1976 or was it 77 during the song 'Hotel California'? Now Don Felder looks like he wishes he was back stage, having another toke or what ever he does, but Joe Walsh is into this song. He's really enjoying the moment and because he is, his buddy Felder gets into it and It's an awesome moment to me.

Then you have Alizée in Amsterdam. We know she is naturally shy, but then again, when she's on stage, once she begins to perform, she is in her element and she excels. But this by far was the largest crowd she had performed in front of and she should have been as nervous as a balloon in a needle factory, but she wasn't. Naturally shy, yet from the very begining, even before she started singing, she knew! Somehow she knew she was going to ace it and she knew the crowd was going to love it. That crowd was into it and she fed off that, loving the moment, loving what she was doing and it just fueled her performance into something that brought out the best in her dancing, her singing, her beauty, her charm and her poise. Waving back to a foreign crowd in that cute fashion, that was waving to her.

There were many very good moments in the pre MCE era, such as L'Aize at the Dome, but ML in Amsterdam, takes the cake in my opinion.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:13 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Then you have Alizée in Amsterdam. We know she is naturally shy, but then again, when she's on stage, once she begins to perform, she is in her element and she excels. But this by far was the largest crowd she had performed in front of and she should have been as nervous as a balloon in a needle factory, but she wasn't. Naturally shy, yet from the very begining, even before she started singing, she knew! Somehow she knew she was going to ace it and she knew the crowd was going to love it. That crowd was into it and she fed off that, loving the moment, loving what she was doing and it just fueled her performance into something that brought out the best in her dancing, her singing, her beauty, her charm and her poise. Waving back to a foreign crowd in that cute fashion, that was waving to her.

There were many very good moments in the pre MCE era, such as L'Aize at the Dome, but ML in Amsterdam, takes the cake in my opinion.

Is there any record of her being asked if she ever suffered stage fright? My impression is that she doesn't.

Edit:

Quote:

If the only thing you have ever seen of Alizee was a photo of her face, would that be enough to knock you off your feet? I think before the magic happens you have to hear her voice, see her dance, smile, clown about. You have to see her move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO90ullM3FQ

So then I post this devastating photo that blows my premise into kindling.

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-30-2019 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-30-2019, 03:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

You remember the moment. That's partially why this particular photo is so striking.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:32 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think Moi Lolita in Amsterdam was such a defining moment for Alizée in her first couple of years performing. In a story I've told many times before, but we have new members now, so I'll say it again, I first discovered her by looking for a Madonna song and in one of my, I think it was Google video search returns at the time, I saw that image for Alizée and La Isla Bonita. I thought she was good looking and had a good voice, but she was singing someone else's song, so at that point, I wasn't very impressed.

Then I saw one of the related videos that popped up afterwards was for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam. I had been there on my honeymoon and liked it there and so I clicked on that one and that is when my jaw hit the floor.
Now I think out of the pre MCE era, this one takes the cake. This is the creme de la creme.

I've also mentioned in here before, maybe too many times before, how I look to see if the singer/band I'm watching, is having a good time.
Years ago, I was reading an interview of a member of a long successfrul rock group. He was asked if he minded playing the same songs over and over again. He said "As long as they come out to listen to the same stupid songs, we'll keep playing them.". That really bothered me, that I might go to a concert and someone up in the band is thinking " We'll play these stupid songs again for these people.".

So I really look to see if a singer/band is enjoying what they are doing or if they are just going through the motions

One of my favorite performances of all time is when the Eagles had the guitar solo which was actually a duet in 1976 or was it 77 during the song 'Hotel California'? Now Don Felder looks like he wishes he was back stage, having another toke or what ever he does, but Joe Walsh is into this song. He's really enjoying the moment and because he is, his buddy Felder gets into it and It's an awesome moment to me.

I have the impression that before singing in Amsterdam, she is still a bit nervous. She surely knows someone she knows (maybe one of the parents who accompanies her) to reassure herself. But once the music starts, it turns into a beast of scene and nothing can reach it.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hey Scruffy,
Unfortunately, the Eagles video you posted is blocked in this country. Disappointing, because your description of it made me really want to watch it. I've always liked Joe Walsh, and this video sounds like it would be super fun to see.