Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2017, 12:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post

Insignificant detail (making a big deal out of nothing in an effort to stimulate some activity on this blog): The photo on this poster is reversed, making it appear that Alizee's left arm has the most tattoos. Was that an oversight or done for some design consideration?

According to Emily Post, a man should always stand to the lady's right, especially when walking down the sidewalk to protect her from a vehicle splashing water on her. Would that explain the photo's position?

I doubt that many people today know of that custom or even care, and I don't know of any artistic rule that encourages placing the man on the woman's right. Is there any other explanation for flipping the photo, short of carelessness?

Just as it's believed that placing groups in a triangular formation is more aesthetic than having them stand in a random formation, perhaps it's thought to be more pleasing if the taller figure stands to the left.

The above was written by an Alizee fan searching for a life.
I've done a lot of photo editing and looking at this picture, I think they chose to reverse it, just because I think it looked better having the line formed by the tops of their heads matches that of the slope of the background. Of course they could flipped the background, but I think this way it went better with the writing on the upper right.