Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-18-2021, 04:24 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
You make good points!
When it comes to FB, I think the negative aspects of private depend largely on the subject of the group. For example, if a group is about movies, that is a sufficiently broad topic that potential members might have no idea if the discussions or posts would interest them unless they can check them out first. In our case, though, the group is about one performer—Alizée—so I think it could be presumed that fans would feel it was likely that posts would be quite specific—relevant to her—and therefore of interest to them. So, they might not need to be able to see what has been posted in order to decide to join.

We still also have the FB page, which is open to all. I think making the FB group a bit more secure or selective would not be a bad thing.
That's true... though...

As I sometimes comment, there are really a lot of different Alizee fan groups on Facebook, and if many of them are open, they can attract more people than closed / private groups.

On the other hand, does it matter even as long as the fans are in one or as many groups as possible!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-18-2021, 04:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Private is both good and bad.

.........For example, if this AA were closed and private so that messages are not visible to visitors, it would reduce the number of users

That's very true, but this forum and FB are two different animals. While it would have a big effect on our forum, I think it would have a negligible effect on FB. We could give something a try for let's say 30 days and see what happens and find out what members think.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:54 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Private Facebook groups can't change to public

'Do or do not, there is no try.'
-Yoda

https://www.facebook.com/help/286027304749263/

Changing Public Group Privacy
Public groups can change to private. If an admin schedules the privacy setting to change, they have 3 days to cancel if they’d like to. Once a group changes from public to private, the change is permanent.

Changing Private Group Privacy
Private groups can't change to public to protect the privacy of group members.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Since we have this Forum, as well as the FB page and the FB group, I don't see a problem with making the FB group Private, as long as it also remains visible. It will still be easy to find, and anyone who is truly interested in joining can easily make the request.

The surge in requests to join by many people who are questionable as far as being Alizée fans makes me feel like it is necessary to do this too protect the integrity of the group and the privacy, as far as possible, of the members. Being private just means that only members can read the posts and see who else is a member. It does not stop anyone from finding the group or making the join request.

I can't help but fear that the way it is going now is that the huge numbers of new members is not an indication of people interested in Alizée, but rather interested in being members of as many FB groups as possible for who-knows-what reason(s).

When I see membership requests by people (mostly men) who joined FB 6 weeks ago, and yet have 4000 FB friends and also belong to 1000 FB groups, I have to admit I have my suspicions. When I check their profiles and find out that most (or all) of their hundreds or thousands of friends are young, attractive women who work for "Facebook App" I am even more suspicious that these people requesting membership are not only not legitimate fans of Alizée, but possible not even the profiles of real people.

Edit:

This shows the surge in FB group membership.

surge75.jpg

Last edited by Bamagirl; 07-18-2021 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts