Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
High on Alizée

The Swede is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Wait, If I got this right they haven't found the other pilots aircraft....
And he safely ejected accordingly to the other pilot that survived.

So now is the question if he was dead when he was ejected or if he died later due to his injuries? Do F-15 have some kind of automatic self-ejection-system?

This all reminds me of an similar accident here in Sweden when the pilot accidentally was ejected, due to a problem with his G-suit inflated to much around his legs causing the ejection-handle to go of....

Anyone more than me that is a avionics-geek and maybe knows anything more?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swede View Post
Wait, If I got this right they haven't found the other pilots aircraft....
And he safely ejected accordingly to the other pilot that survived.

So now is the question if he was dead when he was ejected or if he died later due to his injuries? Do F-15 have some kind of automatic self-ejection-system?

This all reminds me of an similar accident here in Sweden when the pilot accidentally was ejected, due to a problem with his G-suit inflated to much around his legs causing the ejection-handle to go of....

Anyone more than me that is a avionics-geek and maybe knows anything more?
no jets in the US arsenal has automatic ejection, in fact I dont think any fighter jet for that matter does. You eject by pulling the famous yellow handle between your legs, and its a pilots worst nightmare to do so. The Pilot died due to his injury sadly, but as a future Fly Boy, the sky is one place I wouldn't mind ending my life. All Fly Boys love their jobs, so like what was said before, at least he was doing what he loves! I feel so bad for his family and friends.
The F-15s are getting old, and might be retired in 10 years. It is being replaced by my bird the F-22 Raptor.
Me+obsession in aviation+dream of being a fighter pilot+aerospace engineering major next year= Super Aviation Geek

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

I feel sorry for his family indeed, sad story. Must be horrible to get the news that your man, father mate died in such accident

Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

yeah, is always the worst thing. Hopefully they think of him as a hero, I know I do. Any aviator of America and its allies, past and present are hero's of mine!
Note: I wore all black today to morn for this pilot and his family

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 02-27-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I feel bad for the family
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I'm a little perplexed as to how the two jets could just randomly crash into each other. Do we have any Air Force pilots here? Do they fly fairly close formations or something during training?
Yes, they fly close. But procedures and Situational Awareness (SA) are designed to keep things safe. Well, as safe as can be expected given the aircraft's mission. It's a dangerous job, where things can go bad very quickly. Could have been procedural failure, loss of SA (usually pilot error), mechanical, or even a bird strike. Or a combination.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
You also need to realize that the F-15 is an aging fighter and the entire vehicle line was stood down last month (I belive) due to such mechanical problems related to the age of the aircraft model. Heck even the F-117 (which is newer) is to be retired some time this year. Congress is debating the Air Force claims regarding the F-15's safety/performance and not allowing the Air Force anymore funds for updated aircrafts (ie: F-22).
I remember when i was a kid, playing a old arsse f-19 pilot game on a computer with like 256kb of harddrive memory... f-22 its amazing how much effort and money the government puts into the machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is an all-weather tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It was developed for the U.S. Air Force, and first flew in July 1972. The F-15E Strike Eagle derivative is an all-weather strike fighter that entered service in 1989. The U.S. Air Force plans to keep the F-15 in service until 2025.[1]
wow another 17 years before its retired! and wikipedia also says that the f-17 never made it past prototype, only 2 were ever made. Sorry i just looked it up because aviation is such an interesting subject.