Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Finally, Gourmandises, a strong hit, was no doubt released at a bad time (at the end of the summer 2001) and maybe suffered from the horrid music video that accompanied it.
Really???

How can any one say the Gourmandises video was "horrid" ???

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-13-2017, 11:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That was a quote from the article. If you think that's my view, I will very quickly tell you where you can shove your views. I report things, pro or con, so fans can get an objective view of everything in the Alizee world.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 PM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
That was a quote from the article. If you think that's my view, I will very quickly tell you where you can shove your views. I report things, pro or con, so fans can get an objective view of everything in the Alizee world.
Yup and I never said it was your view, but it was your decision to post the article

Old 02-14-2017, 05:09 AM

As I said, i report things pro or con and as I've said a million times before, this is not a fan site, it's a forum for discussion. It's interesting to hear views from people other than those who think she can do no wrong. As for me, I've always enjoyed the Gourmandises video.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-14-2017 at 05:12 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM

Here's another article I found on the AIFC site...

STAR_ONE_05-2005 (1).jpg

STAR ONE 05 -2002
Alizée: Storm warning over Europe

You've no doubt noticed, Alizée has been pretty quiet for quite some time. Her last TV appearances were way back in January (NRJ Music Awards and the 2002 Enfoirés show). As for her most recent single, "Gourmandises", it's already a year old! The reason for all of this is very simple: the young star is in the process of getting her feet wet in Europe. One by one, the countries of the old continent are discovering the most popular teenager in France and crowning her with success. The itinerary of a spoiled child.

Like all French artists, Alizée first penetrated Belgium, simultaneously with her launch in France, in 2000. "Moi... Lolita", her first single, was ranked #2 in neighboring Wallonie and spent more than seven months in the Top 40! A first success outside our borders awarded with a disque de platine. "L'alizé", the second single by the young Corsican, obtained a disque d'or and pulled itself up to the 5th spot in the Belgian hit parade. Like in France, the two singles that followed--"Parler tout bas" and "Gourmandises"--met with less success. It must be said that the album "Gourmandises" is selling very well: it's been ranked for a year now in the 50 best sales in our neighboring francophone countries. After Belgium, Switzerland. Not very original for a French singer. The exception remains to be seen.

In March 2001, eight months after France, "Moi... Lolita" is released in the Netherlands. The success is immediate. Alizée is #2 in the other country of cheese and stays ranked for six months! And another disque d'or! A few months later, it's Russia's turn to fall for our young and pretty Corsican. There she receives one of her first prizes: a Hit FM Award. But this is only the beginning.

In the amount of time needed for one school year--September 2001 / June 2002--Alizée became simply the most famous French singer in Europe. Germany welcomed her with open arms: 450 000 "Moi... Lolita" copies sold beyond the Rhine. The song lasts 27 weeks in the top German charts, 10 of them in the top 10! A success never seen there for a French artist since "Ella, elle l'a" by France Gall in 1988! "L'alizé" and the album "Gourmandise" takes the same route on the German charts. More to come... Neighboring Austria in turn succumbs to the Alizée storm in December 2001. "Moi... Lolita" is ranked #5 there. In Switzerland, the single benefits from a second release, sustained this time by the German-speaking population. It's still ranked today, more than two years after its first entry there!

The year 2002 is one of consecration. Alizée attacks England. Many have fallen flat on their face there. Not her. Barely after its release, "Moi... Lolita" arrives directly at #9 in sales across the Channel. No French singer, singing in French, reached this success since 1988 ("Joe le taxi" by Vanessa Paradis and "Voyage, voyage" by Désireless)! Around the same time--February/March--Alizée wins the heart of the public in Spain. Her single is ranked #1 there, for three weeks in a row! In April, the Alizée storm rages over Denmark, and especially over Italy where "Moi... Lolita" enters directly in second place in top sales where it quickly takes over the top spot!

Of course, this is mainly the triumph of one single. Nothing is for certain for Alizée, then again nothing is ever certain for anyone. But whether or not she has a career in these countries, she'll at least have the incredible and nearly unique performance of making all of Europe dance to a French song. Not bad, huh? Next step for the young star: a return in France. No, she hasn't forgotten us! A second album expected for the end of the year. There's talk of a single for this summer.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Alizée dreamer

^^

Thanks for posting Scruffy.. takes me back to the good old days...

Quote:

In March 2001, eight months after France, "Moi... Lolita" is released in the Netherlands. The success is immediate. Alizée is #2 in the other country of cheese and stays ranked for six months! And another disque d'or! A few months later, it's Russia's turn to fall for our young and pretty Corsican. There she receives one of her first prizes: a Hit FM Award. But this is only the beginning.
I still remember the video Alizée posted of her trip to Russia in the diary section on her original website way back then.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting these... I don't remember exploring these articles before. They seem to have an underlying tone similar to how many recent articles come across. I wonder if it was because Mylene was involved and interviews were so limited so the writers had to speculate some.

Anyway... I think the Gourmandises clip could have benefited from having more Alizée and less of the other actors.

The simplicity of Moi...Lolita probably helped it spread to so many countries and sell the album. I really enjoy listening to L'alize (especialy the concert version) but I can understand how it would be harder to sell internationally because of the more involved French lyrics.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:11 PM

I remember one thing I thought about the Gourmandises video is this is the life she should've been living, playing and having a good time with her peers and I wonder how much she missed out on with what seemed to be to be a very busy career schedule, but to date, I think things have turned out well for her. That's something I didn't think until DALS came along.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 AM

I posted this picture yesterday in FB. I don't know how long I've had it. I hadn't posted it before because there's another one taken at the same time with her, her brother and father in it and I thought these must be personal photos. But it had to be Jo who took them and it was probably him who uploaded them and it's a very nice, clean picture and after consulting with Steve (RMX), I went ahead and posted it.

560894_329338707154919_1597451256_n.jpg
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 AM

From Devenir Chanteuse, July, 2002

Devenir_chanteuse_2002_.jpg

DEVENIR CHANTEUSE 07 2002
Wind of success for Alizée
Number one on the charts in several countries, awarded numerous times, Alizée is currently the favorite singer of teenagers. But how far will our Lolita go?
In May 2002, "Moi...Lolita", Alizée's single, just reached first place again on the charts. This time, it's Italy that has fallen for our young star. A little later than our European neighbors, it must be admitted. Musical phenomenon of the year 2001, she is already accumulating successes and awards in the Netherlands, Germany, Russia, and even in Canada and Japan. The entire world seems to have been set on fire by the eyes of the "lolistar".
Mylène: her model
A success that can largely be attributed to the one who has become her big sister in the business, Mylène Farmer. Her meeting with her childhood idol, thanks to the show Graines de Stars, during the year 2000, resembles a fairy tale. It was Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, who proposed to Alizée an audition to sing Moi... Lolita. Our young Corsican, native of Ajaccio, made it unanimous: the Lolita will be her.
Platine brunette
Several disques de platine later, for her album Gourmandise, all fans are impatiently waiting for the follow-up. For the moment, no concerts planned: Alizée doesn't wish to appear onstage without having done a second album. A record is already in preparation. As for the international stage, Alizée should be recording certain songs in English, the language that she admits having trouble with. So, "good luck" Alizée!
[Her secrets]: Being shy for a young singer isn't easy to live with. So to fight this fault which has bothered Alizée since she was little, she has taken things in hand: "Since I'm shy, I decided to take theater and singing classes that my dance school offered." A good initiative which has bore fruits. As for good luck, Alizée is never without her pendant given to her by her dance teacher, and admits telling all her secrets to her pink teddy bear given to her by her boyfriend.
[Who is Alizée?]
Last name: it's a secret!
Date of birth: August 21, 1984
Place of birth: Ajaccio, in Corsica
Eyes: black Hair: brown Sign: Leo
Likes: Colorful clothes and particularly the color pink, her little brother Johann, Le Petit Prince by Saint-Exupéry, dancing, shopping, boys.
Dislikes: surprises, cleaning her room, talking about her private life (and therefore interviews), the color black, her height (1m60), that she judges too small [quickly?], spiders and snakes.
Official site: www.moi-alizee.com
Where to write to her: Alizée --c/o Polydor --Universal Music
20, rue des Fossés-Saint-Jacques --75005 Paris
Or: e-mail@moi-alizee.com