Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Red face About "Memory of a Québec Christmas: My dinner with Archimbaud"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Also not a new one. It goes back to the 1970s in the original, and it was "F___ Nixon" in Henry Kissinger's [u____] and Pat Nixon's handwriting.
As it happens, not only is my story TRUE, but it was even FORETOLD in a famous prophesy CENTURIES earlier by someone I was informed (by often-reliable sources) is my ancestor (albeit through an unfortunate and very embarrassing incident), the illustrious Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen!

That would seem to make the latter-day author of the supposed joke to which Deepwaters refers someone who, shall we say, is not averse to adapting ancient stories to new contexts. Of course that is hardly a crime; it made Walt Disney richer than he would otherwise have been. And it keeps alive the memory of unusual adventures beyond the tenure of people who have already lived most of their lives.

One should remember that many readers here are not even as old as Alizée, and may not yet know enough never to eat yellow snow: it is rarely lemon granita from Corsica's Mediterranean neighbor Sicily! Part of growing up is learning to discern the serious from the jocular and the verifiable from the fabulous, even in the absence of complete evidence, which we poor mortals are rarely privileged to enjoy. Could it be that it will now prove even harder to sell time-shares of the Brooklyn Bridge to our friends wasabi622, Tomtentp, among others?

But I must confess I am in fact beyond the trauma of the story I told: I am always delighted to hear about new ways in which the name of Alizée is celebrated, in snow or other media, and even on Mexican telenovelas!

P.S. C'est pas ma faute: I doubt very much I would have even consented to tell my story, but for Ruroshen's pointed reaction to the simple factual observation I made which he cites.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-09-2010 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: etiology
Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

wow, this thread suddenly got WAY more confusing than a teenaged girl's gossip.

Doc, are you feeling alright?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
As it happens, not only is my story TRUE, but it was even FORETOLD in a famous prophesy CENTURIES earlier by someone I was informed (by often-reliable sources) is my ancestor (albeit through an unfortunate and very embarrassing incident), the illustrious Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen!

That would seem to make the latter-day author of the supposed joke to which Deepwaters refers someone who, shall we say, is not averse to adapting ancient stories to new contexts. Of course that is hardly a crime; it made Walt Disney richer than he would otherwise have been. And it keeps alive the memory of unusual adventures beyond the tenure of people who have already lived most of their lives.

One should remember that many readers here are not even as old as Alizée, and may not yet know enough never to eat yellow snow: it is rarely lemon granita from Corsica's Mediterranean neighbor Sicily! Part of growing up is learning to discern the serious from the jocular and the verifiable from the fabulous, even in the absence of complete evidence, which we poor mortals are rarely privileged to enjoy. Could it be that it will now prove even harder to sell time-shares of the Brooklyn Bridge to our friends wasabi622, Tomtentp, among others?

But I must confess I am in fact beyond the trauma of the story I told: I am always delighted to hear about new ways in which the name of Alizée is celebrated, in snow or other media, and even on Mexican telenovelas!

P.S. C'est pas ma faute: I doubt very much I would have even consented to tell my story, but for Ruroshen's pointed reaction to the simple factual observation I made which he cites.
There is actually a character for irony, namely the irony mark.
Looks like this: ؟
The day we add it to the standard keyboard layout is the day forum communication will become so much more effecient

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:31 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i'm confused.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
it's a joke. A stupid one.
Lol I get it... Very funny
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I have never heard such an insegrevious line of ____ before.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I have never heard such an insegrevious line of ____ before.
As Tevye(+) famously said in Fiddler on the Roof:
<blockquote><i>How often does a man get a compliment like that?</i></blockquote>(+) He was the guy who dreamed of being so rich he had two En Concert shoes: one just for going up, and another just for going down!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As Tevye(+) famously said in Fiddler on the Roof:
<blockquote><i>How often does a man get a compliment like that?</i></blockquote>(+) He was the guy who dreamed of being so rich he had two En Concert shoes: one just for going up, and another just for going down!
Damn I should've brought one of your posts today when I was trying to describe the psychadelic effects on a brain being subject to LSD

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

YKYAAF when you hear your laptop say "You have an email from Alizée" and almost shit yourself
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

-You know you're an Alizée fan when in physics, someone abbreviates acceleration as "acc" and your mind instantly jumps to A Contre Courant.