Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default sorry, the more I write, the harder it is to stop

from: RMJ translation of Alizée - 2007-11-14 - interview - MadmoiZelle (translation by RMJ).txt ...
N-What do you do to find the energy to throw yourself in to an album project after such a long break?
A-Really, a desire to discover things, simply. To meet people, learn different work styles… I want that, I need to feed upon many things, and that built bit by bit the mock ups, the recording, all that. We came to it little by little and then after we had a taste, we said to ourselves “There it is, we can re-become what we were before.”

Those were the "lastest" words from Alizée. Seems not so long ago. I remember these words because it was a suggestion to me that she really did like what she was before and wanted to return. That was in question at the time because of the long long delay on her album.

Who knows, maybe she is somewhat ambivalent about the whole thing because she has other great things in her life that she wants to give time to (I would certainly hope that would be the reason) but it's probably also along the lines that creating a solid team to work with and being able to make things move like clockwork is still just a dream of her fans'. I get the impression that she more goes along with things taking them as the come, than being the operator, a causal agent, though she is obviously that too. It turns out that we want/need so much from Alizée just to create a "product" that competes with other performers and the help that she would need to make it happen is still not there.

I think what Fenris said is true. She has already experienced being a big sensation and doing huge concerts. Maybe this discovering new ways to work that she wanted to do does not include starting over with work more grueling than she's ever done before. She has talked about how she has a child and that's very important to her; I remember her boasting once that her daughter had never seen a nanny. And as a corollary to what I said above, she is not a musician or even lyricist; so, if music is the basis for what she's putting out, she necessarily has a certain reliance on others. That's why I felt it would be best if putting together productions/performances was the basis of what she has to offer. I enjoyed the cover songs she did performances of as much as those from her albums. And of course, there's also the fact that she was incredibly cute and beautiful as a teenager and simply walking out professionally dolled up, maybe dressed rather feminine and sexy, was was enough to create a certain level of excitement. Maybe it still is. But for her, I think being able to take time to put something together behind the scenes and not have the pressure of chaotic tv scheduling and performance is what she would prefer. It must be easier to put out an album of music when all she has to do is direct people, than to put together something that is 'real time' and focused squarely on her. But what else has the incredible surge of exhilaration like performing in front of thousands of eager spectators? I think Alizée has always liked performing, but has also always had to deal with a certain lack of confidence and nervousness before going on stage. Maybe that leads one to some reluctance, even if subconscious. I know my ability to get things done and enjoyment in doing so is heavily dependent on the circumstances. I can imagine Alizée reading this though and thinking, you guys have no idea that the hell you're talking about.

I believe that she said in her performance school they created a production every six months. I wish she could have stayed on a schedule more like that. But, we take what we can get.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Very well put, Roman.
And sort of the kind of point i was trying (however badly) to make?
Whilst she is signed to a major label like Jive/Epic they will be putting her 'under pressure' to tow the line and to do what they want (to a certain extent). Which is understandable considering that they are paying for it all.
If she isn't playing ball with them (and i strongly suspect that she isn't) then this COULD be the reason for the delay with the album?
COULD being the operative word here.
Maybe in future we will see her going down the Independent route were she would (in theory) have much more control over the entire operation. That might actually be the way to go and if/when the album is finally released and if it dosen't sell to J/E's expectations then she might not have a choice anyway.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

sorry to interrupt this lovely conversation, but on twitter: why does LiliTownAmerica say that there's EXACTLY 30 days until the release of Alizée's new album?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
sorry to interrupt this lovely conversation, but on twitter: why does LiliTownAmerica say that there's EXACTLY 30 days until the release of Alizée's new album?
According to the LiliTownAmerica blog, this information was supposedly announced by www.psychalizee.net, but I haven't seen any such announcement myself. I would disregard it until something reliable and official appears.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Too bad that web site does not function or me and never sends me emails in spite of posting and/or telling it to follow a subject for me.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question yaoh

ok just so im clear, no one in the world knows when her album is being released...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
ok just so im clear, no one in the world knows when her album is being released...
Yup, I doubt even Alizée herself knows. Oh, I'm sure there are dates she wants to release it (probably some have already come and gone), but I think we'd know fairly quickly if there was anything definitive.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Danced With Alizee...

Alizeeinternationalfan is on a distinguished road
Default True fans must be listened to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Think how you like, but the truth is the truth and your speculation is what it is and just that.
I travelled across the continent to see her in her last concert. Who else here did that?

So, listen to what I have to say: before cancelling all her European dates and the thoughts of doing Argentina and elsewhere, she had her last concert in Auguscalientes. Some have tried to claim that the makeup was the reason for the tears that streamed down her face, but no one ever claims the makeup was the reason for her bad voice and lackluster start that night. She was frustrated, sad, knew she wasn't what she once was. Remember, she is not an educated person (did she even finish high school?) and massive success came easy for her, but she deep down knows it was largely because of her mentors. When she struck out on her own, she struck out. She has lost her stardom and the body that did so much to get her there? Gone. SHe hasn't shown her stomach, for example, for how many years?? The dark circles under her eyes, the dark outfit, the strange boyish haircut, the choice of subject for her new album: everyone, wake up! She is adrift...and will increasingly spend time with her new child and make a new one soon (wouldn't you??). Her giving the middle finger to Mexican press, and doing the same in Paris years earlier, her lack of communication with her fans, her broken promises without explanation...she is simply not into her career like we all hoped she would be. The new album might be quite dark, she is drawn to that now. She's dissapeared since Aguascalientes, think about it.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizeeinternationalfan View Post
before cancelling all her European dates and the thoughts of doing Argentina and elsewhere
That all happened before Aguascalientes. You're reading an awful lot into one event, for which there could be any number of explanations. There's some truth to what you say, but things like not showing her stomach are more likely because she doesn't want to, not because she can't. Admittedly, the Psychédélices era didn't go smoothly, but Alizée doesn't want things to be the same as during the Mylene days, not even necessarily her levels of stardom and success. You said she's "not into her career like we all hoped". The keyword there is we. We either have to come to terms with that, or move on.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Actually Alizee had plastic surgery to her face to look exactly like MJ. She got hooked on pain meds and is now a full blown heroin junky. That's why she lies so much. Actually she has been a heroin junky since age 15. Notice the dark circles under her eyes and she doesn't show her stomach because she has blown out all the veins in her arms and is now injecting in her stomach. That's why she is so moody and paranoid. Alizee's eyes were watering at the Mexico fair concert because she had just snorted a line of blow. Do any of you have any proof that I am wrong lol! No more speculation than what I have seen here lol! Alizee please get your album released soon! Your fans are becoming stir crazy.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont