Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm not sure if all the new guys know what was going on here but a few years back, they had temporarily installed some strobe lights on the Eiffel tower and they would turn them on at certain times at night. It was such a hit that they decided to install them permanently on the tower and on this day, they were celebrating the completion of that project. That was back in 2003. That's what those numbers on the screen were, a countdown to when they turned on those lights.

Starting around 8pm, they would turn them on every hour at the top of the hour after dard for back then I think was 10 minutes, but I think now is 5 minutes.

One night in December, 2007 on what I think was my second trip to Paris in those times, I decided to go see them. My hotel was only a little over a mile away. I started walking down some streets and I came to a street that was lined with red Christmas lights on each side. About half way down that street there was a gap between 2 buildings and that's when I saw those strobes flashing on the Eiffel tower. That was a spectacular sight between the Christmas lights and the strobe lights. Unfortunately, video or pictures don't do it justice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-B...ew?usp=sharing
That’s spectacular! I would love to see that display one day. I haven’t been to Paris in years. When I was there as a teenager, they would light it up at night but not like this. I was there on a school trip, once, and one night some friends and I snuck out of our not-very-well-chaperoned hotel to roam the streets of Paris with a primary objective of seeing the Eiffel Tower lit up. That’s exactly how we explained it to the teacher who eventually caught us. A few years later there was an energy crisis and they didn’t light it at all for awhile. Speaking of the energy crisis, there’s a famous sign in the US, in Boston, called the Citgo Sign. It was well known for its bright light display. It became a familiar landmark, and for awhile it went dark as well. I have very fond memories of that sign, as well...I think it would be very cool if Alizée were to visit the US and make a stop in Boston!
Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
That’s spectacular! I would love to see that display one day. I haven’t been to Paris in years. When I was there as a teenager, they would light it up at night but not like this. I was there on a school trip, once, and one night some friends and I snuck out of our not-very-well-chaperoned hotel to roam the streets of Paris with a primary objective of seeing the Eiffel Tower lit up. That’s exactly how we explained it to the teacher who eventually caught us. A few years later there was an energy crisis and they didn’t light it at all for awhile. Speaking of the energy crisis, there’s a famous sign in the US, in Boston, called the Citgo Sign. It was well known for its bright light display. It became a familiar landmark, and for awhile it went dark as well. I have very fond memories of that sign, as well...I think it would be very cool if Alizée were to visit the US and make a stop in Boston!
It's one of the few cities where some of her songs were aired on the radio!
Old 06-24-2020, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's one of the few cities where some of her songs were aired on the radio!
They were on the radio in Boston?!
Old 06-24-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
They were on the radio in Boston?!
Old 06-24-2020, 02:45 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Interesting, anyone able to do a translation by any chance
I think she says ''Hello, see you on December 20th for Macumba''.
But I'm not sure about the number.

Edit:

This may have nothing to do with what you are saying, but did you know this thing about the lights of the Eiffel tower?

https://www.insider.com/eiffel-tower...0Tour%20Eiffel.

I don't know if it is true but, if it is, it's quite peculiar for a public monument.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 06-24-2020 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-24-2020, 02:52 PM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...I think it would be very cool if Alizée were to visit the US and make a stop in Boston!
I'm sure that you already know that Alizee has visited the US a couple of times. I know of New York and Las Vegas, the latter being where she married that pretty boy Jeremy. Thank god that she divorced him and has remarried to someone that is worthy of her. Of what I can see, she seems to be much happier now.

Last edited by Davedel; 06-24-2020 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: added a sentence to clarify
Old 06-24-2020, 03:18 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
I'm sure that you already know that Alizee has visited the US a couple of times.
I believe Alizee has been to NYC at least twice. I think she also has been to L.A.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:34 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When was this played in Boston? Was there any reaction? Did anyone show any interest?

Last edited by 24Shepherd24; 06-24-2020 at 03:37 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 04:12 PM

I agree this has to be her most beautiful moment between the performance, the interview afterwards and even in the way she said "Merci beaucoup".

I think second place would go hands down to this performance in Spain "if" not for the resolution. The videos on Youtube seem to have come from a vhs tape recording. I tried contacting the Tv station that aired this "Canal 2" to try and get a good quality video, but they had changed ownership at some point making it mission impossible.

I think she looked spectacular in the setting, the outfit and with what ever were the special effects in the first video. I'm not sure if it was flames or liquid nitrogen.

I think part of what made her look so good in her Eiffel tower appearance was the time of day and the weather. It was overcast and late afternoon/early eveningish.

I see the same type of effect in Wetten Das. It was overcast and though there was plenty of electric lights, you could see the sun shining through the stands directly in front of her at one point (3:13) and it just brings out her beauty.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Fantastic! Thank you for posting this.