Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default What are Three Questions You Would Ask Alizee?

1) Why did you change your mind about not singing again?
2) Are you and Gregoire going to start a family and when?
3) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

One thing I was always curious about is if when she was in NY with MF, did she by chance go up to the top of the Twin towers?

I'll have to do some pondering for my other two questions.

EDIT:
Just thought of a second one;

Mylene Farmer did a poor job of translating the songs J'ai pas vingt ans, J'en ai marre and Youpidou into English versions. I heard the same was true for some of Mylene's own songs. In an interview, Alizée mentioned that those songs were laughed at. I'd like to ask her if she knew those songs were laughed at because MF did a poor job of writing English versions and that it had nothing to do with Alizée?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-08-2019 at 08:35 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Great question, CleverCowboy! And what an interesting post, Scruffy! Here are the first three question that come to my mind...
1. What are the stories behind the lyrics of your songs--in particular, "A Cause de L'autumne."
2. Do you think you would ever consider giving a concert in the US?
3. Would you like to go out to dinner with me and just talk about things? (being a female I figure I can get away with asking that without her thinking I have some ulterior motives!)

Last edited by Bamagirl; 01-08-2019 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
What an interesting post, Scruffy! Here are the first three question that come to my mind...
1. What are the stories behind the lyrics of your songs--in particular, "A Cause de L'autumne."
2. Do you think you would ever consider giving a concert in the US?
3. Would you like to go out to dinner with me and just talk about things? (being a female I figure I can get away with asking that without her thinking I have some ulterior motives!)
Maybe Annily could tag along and you could show her where that Netfix series 'Stranger Things' I believe it's called, was filmed.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

1. What was she looking at / what was she thinking about when she did that head-dip thing at the end of the Eiffel Tower JPVA. (To help in asking this question, I would show her a video of it on a tablet.)

2. Can she recall a time in her life when she experienced stage fright--- is stage fright something she had to overcome at some point--- or has she always been free of stage fright?

3. Can she explain how it is that she is able to confidently perform in front of thousands of people despite her shyness.

(To help in asking this question, I would mention that I read about a famous rock musician who is extremely shy--- someone asked him how he is able to give concerts in front of thousands of people--- his answer was "my music protects me." And so I would ask Alizee if she can relate to that or not, and ask her to elaborate on why she can relate to that or why she cannot relate to that.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 01-08-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 09:14 PM

I found the comment she made about her English songs from an interview in 2008;

"When you published Mes courants électriques (note: my electric currents), did it seem obvious to record « I'm fed up », « Amelie », « I'm not twenty » et « Youpidoo » in English?

Yes, I recorded those titles at the same time as the original French. This means that we made those versions for nothing since the the foreigners made fun of the songs in English. The French [versions] had more charm [for them], even if they didn't understand everything. We had a foot in the international market, but we had had luck with "Moi... Lolita". We couldn't believe that success would still be met with only French lyrics. We decided not to mess around or take it easy and we worked on English versions. Finally, I admit that I was rather pleased that the public chose (note: plébiscité is what it sounds like and carries the idea of the people's choice or vote)".

Edit:

Thought of my third question!

In early 2003, the U.S. proposed an invasion of Iraq, over supposed weapons of mass destruction they thought Iraq had.

France's then-Foreign Minister, Dominique de Villepin received loud applause for his speech against the Iraq War at the United Nations on February 14, 2003.

On March 11, 2003, Republican U.S. Representatives Bob Ney and Walter B. Jones directed the three House cafeterias to change all references to French fries and French toast on menus, and replace them with Freedom fries and Freedom toast, respectively. It wasn't changed back until 2006.

So the invasion went on, there were hard feelings in this country for France's lack of support for years to come.

Of couse 2003 was the year Alizée and MF/LB came out with four English songs; I'm fed up, I'm not twenty, Youpidou and Amelie. Now having only turned 18 a few months earlier, I doubt if Alizée knew in depth, all of what was going on in Iraq, but I'm wondering if MF/LB did and I would ask Alizée if those two might have mentioned that the political climate between the two countries would make it unwise to make an appearance in the USA at that time?

Attachment 2444

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-10-2020 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Maybe Annily could tag along and you could show her where that Netfix series 'Stranger Things' I believe it's called, was filmed.
I would love to do that! It would be so much fun. The invitation is always open anytime she would like to take me up on it.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I would ask Alizée if those two might have mentioned that the political climate between the two countries would make it unwise to make an appearance in the USA at that time?
Attachment 2444
I don't think that Alizee would have received a very warm welcome in 2003 America.

Also, in the English version of J'en Ai Marre:

"Bombs, you keep away from me"

I don't think that would have gone over very well. (Was Mylene taking a dig at the Iraq War, or was there some other meaning?)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I don't think that Alizee would have received a very warm welcome in 2003 America.

Also, in the English version of J'en Ai Marre:

"Bombs, you keep away from me"

I don't think that would have gone over very well. (Was Mylene taking a dig at the Iraq War, or was there some other meaning?)
No I think that was just a coincidence. In fact I think her meanings had a much more Freudian meaning than a political meaning.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

As per usual, some really interesting, well though out posts.

Respect...

Hmm, three questions that I would ask Alizée...

Looks like you guys have the conventional "angle" covered, so time for some "out of the Box" Scottishness...

Well, we are talking a "hypothetical" situation here, for, realistically, my chances of ever actually meeting her are, ooo, about "0%". Chance of actually getting to converse with her, is maybe abouuuttt, "-infinity cubed%".

In other words is just "not happening".

But, I'll "bite", anyhow.

I like her work as an artiste, a lot, even with my minimal "schoolboy" French. Thank god for Google.

But, I must confess, as much as I admire her musical work, I'm a "people person", and/thus I have nothing but infinite respect and affection for her, as , Alizée "the Person".

There are "aspects" of her life that many of us here can identify, and readily empathize with, and, "me" being "me", empathic as I am, my "healing aspect", "picks up" on a lot of things that make me go "ouch", that could really be doing with some "work" on them, and, thus my 3 questions would probably be about these "ouchies", with a view to "healing".

Which would, even in this "hypothetical" situation, be wildly inappropriate, and none of my damn business, unless, hypothetically, she was a very dear friend.

But, I could still do some healing work with 3 questions.

A simple "smile" has great healing "properties", "spiritually", "physically", and "emotionally". It tends to disrupt "negative trains of thought", sort of "chases away the blues", and, you know, they are "viral". Someone smiles at you, it is damn hard not to smile back, etc, etc, etc.

Before you know it, your "mood"/"affect" is "lifted", and the world doesn't seem such a dark, sad, stressful and sometimes really "shitty" place after all, and, y'know, guess what, maybe you aren't alone, after all.

Now a "laugh", well, think of it as a "smile" gone "Supernova".

My 3 "questions" would go "fishing for smiles".

It would be time to "unleash" my gentle Scottish accent, people adore it, (so they keep telling me), it gets me into lots of "trouble", and, "unlimber" my "native" Scottish "wit" and "charm", which gets me into even more "trouble", of all the "best" kinds.

Question 1) Alizée, what makes Alizée happy???

A very gentle and subtle "interrogation" would ensue, the sole purpose of which would be to make her smile as much as possible, with possibly a few laughs involved. A lot of "positivity" and "healing" to be had here.

Question 2) Tell me all about Annily?

Same idea as above. A lot of smiles, and thus, a lot of "healing" to be had.

Question 3) Tell me all about Jon Snow and Galak?

Now, this one is subtly different, for, I think we both share a love of Dogs.

My wife and I "breed" and "show" Siberian Huskies and Corgis, and have had a few Samoyed's, which, I'm pretty sure that is what Jon Snow is, so there is a pretty good probability that this topic of conversation would be a veritable "motherlode" of "smiles", and if that didn't work I'd "crank up" the "kawaii level" by "breaking out" the puppy pictures and videos.

Trust me. Cuteness "overload" = a "ton" of "smiles" and "healing".

So, the result of these three questions would hopefully = a "chilled out", happier and more relaxed Alizée, , that would hopefully have gained some kind of "heartsease", and "healing", at least for a while.

Now, this whole thing is not totally altruistic, if I'm to be totally honest, for, I absolutely adore Alizée's smiles, they make me smile, and, her "laughs", well, they just "give me the warm fuzzies".

All of which is, to use the ultimate Scottish superlative is "pure dead brilliant", and worth more to me than "all the tea in China".

End result: WIN/WIN.

<Steps back into the shadows.>

<Sorry, I couldn't resist that.>