Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Just to keep things in perspective, what some noisy French amateur critics say is less important than the fact that the video for Les Collines has been getting beaucoup hits in France. French people do have a certain reputation for rudeness. In the end, what will matter is how the album sells and how her concerts sell.

AND -- regardless of her intention to put France first, it is a reality that she IS an international star, not just a French one. If the album sells poorly in France but is a hot hit abroad, that may hurt her feelings, which is sad, but it still means the album is a success.

Sometimes the world comes knocking and one's preconceptions need to be set aside. This may be true for Her Grace, as it is at least once in life for most of us.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
It is what it is. Alizée had her chances in France. If people don't like her singing or music, they just don't.

I thought ALM (Alizée, Laurent, Mylène) was the greatest thing since God created woman (rhetorically speaking) and still think so much of that is really great--the music, the persona. It was great music (listen to the Gourmandises "Les Baisers Dance Remix" for an example of a really kick ass remix) and great fun, but they broke up 6 years ago. It was always a bit of fantasy and Alizée is now 25.

I thought it was kind of cool to have what seemed like a more candid than ever before talk in Technikart about it, but yeah, if people are just going to ask her, "so, what's up with working with Mylène?" then I think they really shouldn't bother. I find the questions about her more recent work experience more interesting. I would still like to know more about the creation process and anything else she does, learn how all of this works. And, some people seem to like Château Marmont and find the new music interesting and exciting.

Maybe I'm the last one who should give this advice, but it seems to me that Alizée has done as well as she can. I think she's kind of a special case in the world of music. How then can one expect anything in particular? It behooves you to attempt to just accept it and not get hung up on successes or opinions. Enjoy what you can right now.
This interests me too and it would be nice to see some interviews that devote more time to the subject. Maybe we'll get a chance when she appears on Grand Journal.

I'm sure France is a priority for Alizée, but when one casts those seeds into the wind, one just may find they take root in places one hadn't planned on or hoped for. As Deep said, that's still a success.

It still may be too early to tell for sure where or how much UEDS will take root, but I have good feeling about it generally speaking. Of course I hope it is a big success for her, regardless of where that success comes from.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I just came across this post by a fan Ricky83 on alizee-forum and found it very depressing. He posted some of the twiiter comments in response to Lilly's new album. Some of you might also have read these comments:

- The album is a shit
- Please stop Alizée, we don't want to hear you
- This seems some opening theme of japanese cartoons from 80s, but even more shitty
- Alizée has no talent, please do not let her public more albums
- She's nothing but a nice face
- This album makes me sleep, we want more rithmyc music like Lady Gaga
- This is the worst thing I've ever heard of
- Please bring her back to Mylène

Though these comments do not indicate that all the French people did not like the new album but still I felt very sad to read such comments about Lilly. Why don't French people stop seeing her through Lolita glasses. Seriously, please give the little girl a fair chance. And common, Lady Gaga and rhythmic music (my personal opinion, obviously)

I must say, to me, it seems that it might be a difficult situation for Lilly in France
- this guy is a complete ass
- and seriously! Lady Gaga, she is not a better than Alizee by far.. and you can not call Lady Gaga's music rhythmic
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Those comments were made by more than one person. They actually appeared on a web site that Jive/Epic linked to from Twitter. They have all the UEDS songs there so you can listen to them, but they only play for you if you are in France. Some comments that I saw I would consider even worse than the ones quoted above. I didn't go through all of them because it was a bit depressing, but over at Psychalizee I think someone said the majority of the comments on that particular site were negative.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Those comments were made by more than one person. They actually appeared on a web site that Jive/Epic linked to from Twitter. They have all the UEDS songs there so you can listen to them, but they only play for you if you are in France. Some comments that I saw I would consider even worse than the ones quoted above. I didn't go through all of them because it was a bit depressing, but over at Psychalizee I think someone said the majority of the comments on that particular site were negative.
well thats gonna send the wrong message... we need to act
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Seems like just another ass with a mental problem that makes them stir up shit on the internet to make them feel important or even recognized by any form of society.
Or maybe they just don't like it and think it sounds terrible. Who's to say that one can't have negative thoughts and comments about a song or even an album as a whole? Sometimes the Negative comments need to be said for one to progress in ones career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
- and seriously! Lady Gaga, she is not a better than Alizee by far..
Gaga does a decent job singing live, least most of the time. She has those wacky sucky moments though so I can see where you come from.

Regards,

Jung

Oh and BTW why did Alizee remove her signing from her twitter? cause she deleted that comment.

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 03-23-2010 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Administrator

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving constructive criticism or saying you simply don't like something because it's not to your taste. But calling someone names (which I won't repeat) or making other such remarks and personal insults hardly falls into that realm.

And yeah, I think Lady Gaga is pretty good myself. I wouldn't buy her music at this point, but I definitely respect her abilities. She definitely has some unusual and creative ideas.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Agree about Lady Gaga.

Look, there is no way that any artist is going to be liked by everyone. If you are doing something creative and of any artistic importance, there will be those who don't like it. That's as much a sign of success as praise.

It all comes down to how many people DO like UEDS, not whether anyone DOESN'T.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Or maybe they just don't like it and think it sounds terrible. Who's to say that one can't have negative thoughts and comments about a song or even an album as a whole? Sometimes the Negative comments need to be said for one to progress in ones career.
And maybe Jalen and others think his comments are just terrible and unappreciative. Who's to say that one can't have negative thoughts and comments about someone else's opinion. Sometimes the Negative comments need to be said for one to feel better, and encourage others who might be discouraged by some

Edit:

A small tribute to Alizée:

"For her beauty, was in itself incomparable, not just as to strike those who saw her; but converse with her had an irresistible charm, and her presence, combined with her character which was somehow diffused in her behaviour towards others, had something very stimulating about it. There was sweetness also in the tones of her voice; and her tongue, like an instrument of many strings"... Plutarch, Life of Antony XXVII (edited)

You're a great source of inspiration for all of us Alizée. Not only because of your talent in music, but also because of the unique and beautiful person that you've become. Thank you for sharing yourself with us, and enhancing the quality of our own life experience, you're our hero Alizée !!

We need heroes in our lives, they're not a sign of weakness, they're a source of strength. Without heroes we are all plain people and we don't know how far we can go. They're only people like we are, what distinguishes them is the great levels they've reached in self motivation. To just passively admire them is to insult our own potential ;-)

We know things are not always easy for you Alizée, but we your fans have faith in you that you will conquer all obstacles. To us you are like a beautiful rose that even though has struggled, has made it thru the thorns and into the light. Let the light within you shine brightly Alizée !!

The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns... George Santayana

!! Your Fans Love You Alizee !!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 03-24-2010 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

A week left!! I can't wait! And I don't give a rat's ass what some jerk on some site on some twitter accounts thinks!

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont