Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 04-21-2015, 11:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Translations by Marguerite de Paris!

I had posted this in "Off topic", but then thought it was better suited here.

Translations by Marguerite de Paris.

To me and I'm sure to most members here, Alizée's win in DALS4 was in incredible moment in the Alizée story and an incredible moment for me as a fan. I liken it to a Superbowl victory, a World cup victory, but more than that. I'm a New England Patriots fan and they have won 4 Superbowl titles in the past several years, but the first one was extra special. They were the underdogs. They had never won it before. Nobody really gave them much of a chance, yet they won.

It was for me an unforgetable game. One I watch time and time again. So too was Alizée's victory in DALS 4 an unforgetable moment. A moment I will want to relive time and time again in the future. The problem was, it was in French. To get the full enjoyment, I wanted to be able to understand what they were saying.

I see on Youtube where some people have posted some "clips" of different performances of DALS with the English lyrics, but that fell far short of what I wanted. I looked at the French lyrics auto generated by Youtube to see maybe if they had progressed to the point where I could copy them and translate them through google or bing, but they're still way off. So I thought about looking up translation services on the web.

What that brought me too is a web site where they hook you up with people who teach French. So I figured I'd try it. I wasn't sure what to say to them Should I just say that I'm simply looking to get videos of a French singer translated? But I decided to give them the whole nine yards; the whole enchilada. I told them everything about me and everything about Alizée, hoping in the process, I wouldn't scare them off.

This is a reply I recieved by a nice young woman named Marguerite.
"David,

You made smile all the reading way. I'm very please to know about you David. I know Alizee very well, I used to LOVE her as a teenager. Honestly, everyone of my age used to love her. Also, having her in dance with the stars last year was phenomenal. In other words, I'm a fan too. It happens, I watched the last DALS of 2014 and saw her winning. Everyone was very moved and pleased to see her back on the screen. I missed the DALS 5 but I'll be very please to follow DALS 6, already announced.

I'm 26 and moved to the (North East) just 7 months ago from Paris, where I spent almost all my life. I know very much the music, the culture and all the stars you named bellow. Pascal Obispo is one of my favorite and Zazz is shining like the star she is. I also LOVE Indilla ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNJMAyeP0s ), Stromae (From Belgium) you probably heard of them!

I couldn't be more pleased to read you and hope to be part of this project!! ************************************************** ***************** **************.*******************************. *********************************************. ******* ****************************************.

You can also join me at *************. We can discuss further on phone if you prefer.

Best,
Marguerite"

What a perfect person to have gotten a hold of. She grew up in Paris at a time when Alizee was a star.I don't think I could've met someone more suited, more in tune with the climate Alizee performed in.

So I am working on having her translate all the sections of each episode, that involved Alizee. I wanted that last episode translated first and it turned out to be 23 pages of text. I'm working on that now and it will probably take a week or two. After that, I will have the other 8 episodes done; just the parts concerning Alizee and I will have them done in a chronilogical order.

Ray is also helping me out with this, (By the way, don't tell Ray this, but after suggestions from a couple of other mods, Ray has been named a Supermod in this forum for all he has done and more especially in the way he has done it for this forum!).

Ray is adding the text to the show where she appeared on Stars au grand air.

We are both relatively new at this and are open to suggestions.

I plan on posting the subtitle files and the videos in the DC hub.

We are trying to figure out a way to post it in the forum without getting nailed for copyright violations. Will posting them as private or unlisted avoid that???

Will leaving out the songs, not to mention the theme song avoid that? We know we have to avoid using the DALS title in the name. Like I say, we are open to suggestions. It seems to hit or miss with their enforcements some times. When I put together my K O vidoe, it got nailed on my own Facebook page, but not on the AlizeeAmerica Facebook page.

As far as anything translated by Marguerite, I will mention that it was translated by Marguerite de Paris.

I recently had her translate a couple of short Disney interview videos which I posted as text as sort of a test. Next time, I think I might post the English text as a video that can be played at the same time as the video that's being translated in the case of one that can't be copied and edited.

I also hope to ask her questions about some of Alizee's songs and about the French culture in the way it involved or affected Alizee. If anyone has any questions to ask of her, let me know. It may take time for this to evolve, but it will all happen eventually.

Me and Ray thought of asking her to join the forum, but that would probably be counter productive to the work she does.