Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Its an error or its a prank.
Probably more likely an error instead of a prank, but I threw an alternative explanation out there which is not outlandish. It's not easy to pull a prank on Google. From what I have read on the subject of suggesting an edit on a business, they are reviewed by both machines and humans. This is not an edit of the hours of operation, but of the business name itself. It is highly likely that these kind of edits are scrutinized more than others.

Google is well aware of competitors trying to hack each other's listings. Starting in 2017, emails are sent to the primary owner of the Google account associated with the business listing should an edit be made.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.
From the Google support site:

How Google sources business information

There are four main sources of information that you may see in your business listing:
  1. You: Information you’ve added about your business. You can add, edit, and remove this information as it changes to keep customers up to date and showcase your products and services.
  2. Your website: Information from your business’s official website.
  3. Users: Information from people who use Google services. Google gets a wide variety of information about businesses from its users. Your business listing is updated when someone takes an action like leaving a review, uploading a photo, or reporting a problem. This user-generated information includes reviews, popular times, and photos.
  4. Third-party sources: Information from other places online. If Google finds information about your business that could be helpful to customers, it may be added to your listing. This can include links to social profiles, restaurant menus, and hotel amenities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Great picture! Any idea when it was taken? It seems the little comment is in reference to the dark circle under her left eye?
Alizee did have that eye patch in March over her left eye, so at some point after that. Maybe mother's day? In France it was May 26 this year.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-26-2019 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts