Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Grrr, school always gets in the way of me working out. Heck, for the last like 2 months of school, I haven't been able to work out at all!
The only workouts I got were at PT, but battalion PT ended last week.

I feel like my body's just gotten so much weaker. I'm afraid of looking at myself in the mirror. I don't want to know how much I've atrophied!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM

banshee is on a distinguished road

My plan for the summer is to jog at least 15 minutes...I need to lose some fat in my belly area. Does anyone else have a suggestion as to how to lose some flab in the belly area other than jogging..I was told if the belly area has fat doing push ups would be useless.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:13 AM

Arghh. I've been slacking a bit.. drinking too much, so now I've got to get back into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee View Post
My plan for the summer is to jog at least 15 minutes...I need to lose some fat in my belly area. Does anyone else have a suggestion as to how to lose some flab in the belly area other than jogging..I was told if the belly area has fat doing push ups would be useless.
To lose fat, you need to do a lot of cardio, 15 minutes isn't going to cut it. I'd try to do more if you can. Something around 30-45 minutes would probably work for you, though make sure you're running at the right pace. A general rule of thumb is that you should be running at a pace you can still maintain a conversation with someone, rather than just gasping for air.

Push ups though are an excellent exercise. They work out many different parts of your body, such as pecs, triceps, lower back, abs, deltoids, and so on. It's good to have a target, such as losing some fat in the belly area, but not doing an exercise because it doesn't directly include your target area is a bad idea.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

The best all around excercise would be swimming. It works everything, your whole body, cardio, and it is (possibly most importantly) fun. Look at the great shape Alizée has been in for ten years, she loves swimming. Another good all around excercise- jump rope. Better for people with limited access to water.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Don't forget though, your diet is just as, if not more important than your work out. When they say that you are what you eat, they're not kidding.

The biggest thing that most people neglect is water. Make sure you hydrate! Should be getting about 2 to 3 liters of water a day. Though of course, that's just a rough estimate. It'll vary on how often you workout, body weight, etc.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 PM

My nice little workout for today:

push-up pyramids.
10 regular
10 knuckle
10 elevated
30 seconds of rest
9 regular
9 knuckle
9 elevated
30 seconds of rest
etc.

bicep curls with the bowflex
50 pounds with the squat bar
3 half way up, 3 half way down, 4 full range of motion.
3 sets
30 seconds of rest between each set.

10-30 chair assisted dips (increasing by 5)
30 seconds of rest between each set

abs 30-10
30 crunches
30 leg lifts
30 Bent Knee Abdominal Hip Raises
30 side crunches (both sides)
30 sort of like leg lifts, expect you do a leg lift so that your legs are perpendicular to the ground, then you push up so that your hips are off the ground while your legs are still perpendicular to the ground.
30 seconds of rest between each set.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Nice workout there Wasabi. I've never really done anything quite like that. I have mostly just done more power lifting in the weight room during highschool. I would do more rep workouts during the summer though.
Here is one of my workouts for the benchpress that I would do (more of a powerlifting workout):
warm up - 135lbs til I feel warm. 185lbs to warm up a little more
set 1- 225lbs. x 5
set 2- 275lbs. x 3
set 3- 300lbs. x 3
set 4- 315lbs. x 3 (barely getting all three reps in, really struggling with the last two)
At the end of the workout my arms are absolutely jello.

Anything repetitous that I'd do would be to failure. Like doing something lightweight on the bench until I couldn't do it anymore. Of course I do lots of other things other than the bench, but benchpress is my favorite Closest thing I've done to your workout you posted would be the 300 workouts I did last summer. They are called 300 workouts because all the reps you do add up to 300. Here is one of the 300 workouts I did (there are different ones or you can make up your own where the reps add to 300):
25 pull-ups
50 straight-bar deadlifts (135lbs.)
50 push ups
50 box jumps with a 24inch box
50 floor wipers (135lbs.) (you lay flat on the floor holding the bar straight out above you. then without bending your knees, you take your feet and swing them from one plate/side of the bar to the other plate/side of the bar. It really works out the shoulders and lower abs)
50reps "clean and press" with 36lbs kettlebell DB or 35-40lbs. DB
25 pull-ups

But I won't be doing anything like that stuff I did before. Not now anyway, since I just got P90X in the mail today I'll be starting my P90X journey after this weekend on monday. I'll post up some of the stuff that I'll be doing, let you know how damn sore I get, and post up some before and after pics later sometime. I'm so excited!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 PM

Her abs seriously motivate me to work out. Check 'em out, again!

wow.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Her abs seriously motivate me to work out. Check 'em out, again!

wow.
It's just a perk of the job-

----------

I've been wanting to get out there and start running again (there's a 5 mile long road by my house, )

but I new that tackling that immediately after moving maybe five times in the last two years, I should start out smaller. So today, I wandered about twenty yards into the forest (which is about 100 yards from my front door), cut off a tree branch, walked back... and promptly stripped down to my boxers and took a two hour nap

I'm in for an adventure
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 AM

Confession time.

I've failed to keep up with my plan. All I've done this summer is nothing. Just running and push ups in the morning. That's it. No lifting. No ab work outs. No core training. No NOTHING!! GAHHHHHH!!

I hate myself. I lost my six pack. I lost about 5lbs of muscle. I lost my discipline.

Gotta get it back.