Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys. Btw, you do realize that's an actual pic of me working out, right?
yeah right........................, and mine is over 10 inches
Welcome to the forums buddy

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road
Default Bonjour, je m'appel...

Someone suggested I introduce myself in this thread. Not sure what to say. I have eclectic tastes in music that don't tend towards "Aught-Pop." But I strangely find myself making an exception here. I was vaguely aware of Alizée years ago, from seeing her name (and pictures) around the Web; but thought she was just a Continental answer to Britina Simphan. Still, one night earlier this year, I was going nuts downloading every music video I could find from a video sharing site called Stage 6 (now sadly defunct), and several of her videos were among them. They fermented on my hard drive until about three weeks ago, when, for reasons I'll never know, I watched Moi...Lolita.

Well, I was blown away by the song. It was incredibly infectious. I played in a dozen times, then bought the song off iTunes and played it a dozen more. I surfed over to Amazon to see what else she had. I thought her CD's were pretty expensive ($30 or so from second-parties) but the En Concert DVD was pretty reasonable, and had great user reviews. So I took a chance on it.

It arrived a few days later, and I popped it in my laptop, not having any idea what to expect--and was once again blown away; by both the music, and by her performance. It was--I don't know... incredibly intoxicating, in a way I've never experienced before watching a concert by anyone, anywhere, ever. The closest I can think of are some movies I've seen that enraptured me for a few days; but even then, it only lasted a few days, at most.

By now I was really intrigued. I'd read her Wikipedia entry probably the night I watched the first video, but now I really wanted to know what was up with her. And reading about her life and career, somehow just confirmed for me what I guess was so attractive on stage: she has a certain, I dunno, purity to her, that shines through. Maybe it's a lingering innocence, who knows. Whatever it is, she's somehow reminded me of everything good in this world all over again.

And I really needed that reminder. This year, in particular, has been my annus horribilis. My last surviving parent passed away suddenly this summer, after a short but unbelievably painful illness; and I am still trying to come to terms with it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world doesn't provide much distraction: everyone is focused on divisive, polarizing politics at the moment; hardly any joy in that. My friends have their own problems--my best friend just lost about a dozen year's worth of savings in the stock market collapse, and I don't know what to do to help him. And I've alway hated my job, but more-so now than ever, since learning that one of my managers is on the take, getting kickbacks from vendors. It makes me want to puke--daily.

So maybe I discovered Alizée at the right time in my life. I certainly got to avoid a lot of the trauma some of you have apparently been thru. But more importantly, it's provided a solace and comfort that's part escapist, part inspiring, perhaps because it's all brand new to me. It's helped me remember things from when I was younger, when I was more optimistic, and excited about tomorrow, instead of dreading it.

And thanks to this site, I can see that I haven't just gone off the deep-end into some kind of weird hero worship. Well, maybe I have, but at least I see I'm not alone. Clearly she has the effect of a muse on many people, and I'm glad to have joined their--your?--ranks.

I am happily married with two beautiful children of my own, and so I'm not laying awake concocting elaborate fantasies, like I might have if I was a teenager (In fact, I hope I'm more pleasant to be around now--my family is very loving and supportive, but they didn't know what to do to shake me out of my funk, either.) Maybe someday, I'll find out Alizée doesn't really live up to the image I have of her now, and that'll be OK too. For now I'm just very thankful to have found something that's helped me rediscover the joys that are always there in life, but are sometimes hidden.

And I'm glad to have found this site. (Er, at least, I think I am...still sizing some of you up ) Thanks for having me, such as it is.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Hi,welcome.
Jung is an idiot.
(just kidding*)

Old 10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the site YesterdaysAirRace hope you enjoy our company

I'm a bit of a smart @55 at times but mean it in a nice and humorous way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Hi,welcome.
Jung is an idiot.
(just kidding*)

how nice

better he know now then later

Old 11-08-2008, 01:24 PM

lupe14 is on a distinguished road
Default ..........

hi im lupe N im from oregon......uhhhhh....im vercingetorix sister......i think Alizees tight....
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums lupe
Old 11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupe14 View Post
hi im lupe N im from oregon......uhhhhh....im vercingetorix sister......i think Alizees tight....
welcome hope you enjoy it here as much as your bro and hope to be seeing you around

Jung

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

@YAR

Eloquence, clarity, and a knowledge of punctuation: I think I like you already !
I love how each new member's story of discovery is, at once, strikingly similar to and different from every other member's. It feels familiar, yet distant. Welcome again, I'm sure you'll find both solace and entertainment here .
Old 11-08-2008, 01:57 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site Guadalupe ! Hope you will visit the website often.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I never introduced myself , but I think it is never too late .

Tags
alizée gifs