Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
we say this with love in our hearts.
Lots and lots of love!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Of course, as usual, the women are right. However I at least have learned about trapeze dresses. Did you know they are often referred to as "sack" dresses or "tent" dresses? See, I lern good...
Old 03-27-2011, 01:36 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure I described the dress as a titty tent and or tow sack dress early on. I'm pretty sure the fans on the front rows of the Enconcert tour were very pleased with the dress, however I'm pretty sure if a poll was done, they probably couldn't have described the dress in any way afterwards lol. However as has been pointed out adnausiam is the fact that liking or disliking anything is subjective. My subjective opinion is that the dress and Ueds were not to my liking, however they both were the best they could be just because of the Alizee effect. I'm just sayin neither did Alizee justice in my humble opinion. I don't wear dresses and I don't write or compose music so what do I know anyway lol? I think all true fans just want Alizee to be happy with what she wears or sings. She is a special human being no matter what!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile De vraies gourmandises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
azhiri and i have talked this over and we both agree that this is a silly argument. guys, sometimes a dress is a dress is a dress. we say this with love in our hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Lots and lots of love!
<table border="3" align="center" cellpadding="5"><tr><td>We? We?!! FanDeAliFee has a "picnic" imagining a FanDeAliFee "sandwich" </td></tr></table>

I must politely disagree. Let's leave shape aside. I have not yet read anything that dissuades me from believing that the costume designer for Gourmandises chose a checkerboard design so that I would be led to think of the following visual joke:

<table border="3" align="center" cellpadding="5"><tr><td>Mais les baisers d'<big><big><big>Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises</big></big></big></td></tr></table>

Note also that when Gourmandises was performed within En Concert, not only was the Corsican fairy on the menu - so were her four backup dancers. Let's see, one and four makes a total of TEN (sic.) LOL!

If you allow me the liberty of transcending the thread topic of the particular checkerboard dress, I'll opine that costume changes seem to take tactical advantage something closely related to the Coolidge effect. One might also observe that Madonna's repeated career "makeovers" - for which Alizée expressed admiration when she was new to showbiz, and apparently is trying to embrace in her career so far - take strategic advantage of the same phenomenon.

P.S. Many of you know that Ben is active in the "dressnography" industry. I wonder what he thinks.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-27-2011 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: minor text tweak
Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I am not a fashion savvy person to say the least, but this type of dress could have been very popular in France. I do not know that for any kind of fact. I don't know what the French people liked or disliked for clothing in this era.
Karla, your view????
I think it might be relevant (maybe even interesting!) to mention that Julie Budet (Yelle) often wears tent dresses or big t-shirts.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I did a little more research on this. Some one had mentioned it might be a baby doll dress. So I looked up the definition of it,
A babydoll dress is a dress where the waistline is positioned higher than where the natural waist is. The typical placement for the waistlines on these dresses ranges from the mid-ribcage region to just below the bust line. The skirt of the dress then falls from there, draping away from the body. Babydoll dresses also typically involve lace or ruffles, due to their childlike nature.

Now there is no waistline on the blue and white dress and there is no lace or ruffles so I think we can rule out this possibility.
Then I looked up the definition of a maternity dress and found this statement,
Maternity clothes are designed to give you extra room only where you need it--primarily in the belly and the bust
and I would have to say that the blue and white dress fit the bill.

Then I looked up the definition of a trapeze dress,
Contrary to what it sounds like, a trapeze dress is not something worn by a female flying aerialist. The name actually refers to the word "trapezoid," a geometric figure in which the sides flare out. The trapeze dress, narrow at the top and wider at the bottom, originally saw popularity in the 1950s and again became popular at the beginning of the 21st century.

A trapeze dress can have many variations and still fit the definition, but the term basically refers to a dress that is narrow at the bodice and flares out loosely at the bottom so that it swings freely. The classic trapeze dresses were sleeveless, but some featured long sleeves, sometimes cuffed.

I had to look up the definition of the word bodice to clarify it.
bod-ice - The fitted part of a dress that extends from the waist to the shoulder.
So the blue and white dress didn't quite seem to fit this description because it was not narrow at the bodice. How ever I looked for pictures of trapeze dresses and I found several pictures like the ones below.

Now it didn't quite seem to fit the bill as being narrow at the bodice, but the definition did say it could have many variations and I did find several pictures similar to these that are almost identical in shape to the blue and white dress so I'd have to say that after looking at all the facts, the blue and white dress is indeed a trapeze dress, most likely chosen for it's ease in changing, plus it did seem to have some revealing properties which I'm sure pleased Mylene Farmer no end.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruffy, I believe that once you're done with this thread you will be an expert in everything clothing

Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Hey Scruffy, I believe that once you're done with this thread you will be an expert in everything clothing
Frayed knot. Never have been, never will be...............Well, maybe maternity dresses........lol.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-27-2011 at 12:03 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 02:15 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, do you really have nothing better to do than sit around and debate a dress? Doing that much research is ridiculous. I know you think MF is some sort of Stalinesque dictator, but give it a break. It was supposed to be childlike and easy to take on/off.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Scruffy, do you really have nothing better to do than sit around and debate a dress? Doing that much research is ridiculous. I know you think MF is some sort of Stalinesque dictator, but give it a break. It was supposed to be childlike and easy to take on/off.
...Euphoria, you can't just attack someone's posts simply because you think it's ridiculous. You shouldn't be mean to him by saying this in a thread. If you want to attack his posts then please do it in a PM...