Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road
Default The Phenomenon of Alizée

Kulli's recent post started me thinking about what I would call "The Phenomenon of Alizée", and those who discover her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I am really enjoying listening to those instrumentals

The last minute is really great when the song builds up and gets livelier.
It was a phenomenon way back in 2006 where her popularity started taking off internationally because of YouTube. That is how she became a success in Mexico. When she was discovered back then, there was so much material. There were the two albums. There were the great songs, but with each of her hit songs, with her beauty and her dancing, it was a joy to watch the many videos of ML and Jeam in France, Germany, the UK, Italy.

Then you had En Concert. There were the two great shows of Stars a Domicile. There were the appearances on Les Enfoires. Even her interviews were a pleasure to watch.

Until I discovered Alizée, I don’t think I ever heard the word ‘remix,” or paid any attention to it. The many remixes were a very pleasant discovery of a large proportion among themselves. There are so many good remixes out there.

There was the great remix used in Stars a Domiciel 2003:

There another good one during her visit to Japan video:

There was the good one Scruffydog used in his portrait video:

For those who discover her today, there is so much more such as later performances of Les Enfoires; her other albums; DALS; SAGA. It's just a phenomenal amount of material that someone who suddenly discovers is exposed to.

Her music is timeless and those who discover her music today, enjoy it just as much as those who discovered her back her early career.

Of course, some people are disappointed to find out about the fact she's now married with 2 kids and, at this point, looks to be retired from singing--but I think they still have to feel blessed that due to today's technology, so much is preserved.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 08-25-2019 at 08:06 PM..
Old 08-25-2019, 08:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I too had never heard or at least paid any attention to the word remix and with her, there were so many great remixes.

When I first discovered her, it was through Madonna's La Ilsa Bonita, which led me to her performance of Moi Lolita in Amsterdam. I watched that video so many times that night, never thinking there could be more like it, then I found J'en ai marre-Chanson #1 I think it was, then ACC-Star Academy, then L'Alize- The Dome and it kept going on and on. She herself was a phenom and I have to feel as you say, to those who discovered her, it was a phenomenal event and that is true so much more today with what is available compared to back then. There's SAGA, DALS, her other albums, more recent Les Enfoires. There is so much to enjoy in one artist that I can't compare to any other artist.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-25-2019 at 08:11 PM..
Old 08-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There is so much to enjoy in one artist that I can't compare to any other artist.
I completely agree. A good friend introduced me to her and her music. The more I watched her videos and listened to her music, the more I enjoyed her work and appreciated her as a person, and the more I understood why she’s such an inspiration and has such a loyal following.
I’m still discovering so much from her I’d never seen seen or heard. It’s great every time I find something new!
Old 08-26-2019, 08:33 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
For those who discover her today, there is so much more such as later performances of Les Enfoires; her other albums; DALS; SAGA. It's just a phenomenal amount of material that someone who suddenly discovers is exposed to.
Absolutely, yes. When I discovered Alizée there was plenty of videos, songs, performances... I remember that the first weeks after I had found her, every night I stayed up late to find out more videos about her. Moreover before the creation of her new YouTube channel, there were a lot of fan channels with many, many performances.

As you said, today there is still much stuff to "learn": here I feel as a freshman in the Great Alizée University eh eh. In this very days I'm discovering a lot of stuff about Les Enfoires and other TV shows with her and I know that there is more to know about the meaning of her songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Her music is timeless and those who discover her music today, enjoy it just as much as those who discovered her back her early career.
I agree that her music is timeless but I don't know if we can enjoy it as much as those who discovered her back her early career. Obviously the music is the same but I'm talking about "The Alizée phenomenon". I mean, who discovered her while her career was still going was part of that phenomenon.

Just yesterday I found out about the special edition of 5 and UEDS. Now this stuff is so rare. But above all who knows if now we will ever experience the emotion of waiting for her new album or the shiver when you discover that she's going to do a concert that you can attend... Now you can only look at the past: everything seems a little more distant. Now you can hope that she will come back to music (and I'm sure she will), while back then you couldn't wait to know the release date of her next album or TV show appearance.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-26-2019 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-26-2019, 01:45 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post

Just yesterday I found out about the special edition of 5 and UEDS. Now this stuff is so rare. But above all who knows if now we will ever experience the emotion of waiting for her new album or the shiver when you discover that she's going to do a concert that you can attend... Now you can only look at the past: everything seems a little more distant. Now you can hope that she will come back to music (and I'm sure she will), while back then you couldn't wait to know the release date of her next album or TV show appearance.
When I finally discovered it, it was pure joy, on the other hand, I missed the early "golden" years or almost everything what makes me a bit sad. When you read the En-Concert reviews from fans who had the chance to go to the concert it must have been epic.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
When I finally discovered it, it was pure joy, on the other hand, I missed the early "golden" years or almost everything what makes me a bit sad. When you read the En-Concert reviews from fans who had the chance to go to the concert it must have been epic.
Exactly.

Anyway, I had never thought about the En-Concert reviews. So I looked for any of them and that's what I've just found out

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...hlight=concert

Jennifer's review.

OK, it is a really peculiar one, but I think that to see Alizée singing live must be one of the strongest emotion that life has to offer
Old 08-26-2019, 03:10 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Exactly.

Anyway, I had never thought about the En-Concert reviews. So I looked for any of them and that's what I've just found out

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...hlight=concert

Jennifer's review.

OK, it is a really peculiar one, but I think that to see Alizée singing live must be one of the strongest emotion that life has to offer
Old 08-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Indeed...That "explosion" at 0:06...

I had never seen this video. Wow! :O
Old 08-27-2019, 07:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
...............I agree that her music is timeless but I don't know if we can enjoy it as much as those who discovered her back her early career. Obviously the music is the same but I'm talking about "The Alizée phenomenon". I mean, who discovered her while her career was still going was part of that phenomenon.............
I understand that and I've see many similar comments over the years. Look at my situation. During her early years which were the 'premium' years in my book, I was (and still am) working for a major airline that had direct flights to Paris from my home town of Boston. I could've easily gone over for so many different shows and En Concerts if I had only known.

I've often kicked myself for not knowing that but I've also tempered that with the fact the average human is a funny thing. She was going so fast an furious back then. I might have just assumed there would be another album and I might have said to myself" Eh....I'll make it to the next tour.". Plus I realize how lucky I am to have what I have. If Mylene had a headache that night she was channel surfing, we never would have heard the name Alizee and we are blessed that we live in such a modern world that we've learned of this beautiful singer who for me is over 3,000 miles away and not only learn about her, but see just about every performance of hers.

So I could really just keep banging my head against the wall for the fact I could have been to so many shows and concerts, but I've learned to appreciate all and it is quite a bit, that I have.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I could really just keep banging my head against the wall for the fact I could have been to so many shows and concerts
That seems fair enough

Anyway, I agree with you. I'd like to see her live because I know that she would be thousands times more astonishing than what I see from videos, but I think that I'm OK with this situation: she is already something that I would have never imagined before and I'm so glad that I found her.

By the way, I was thinking of going to Ajaccio one day. Maybe in 4/5 years, because I'm still a university student so I can't make a trip on my own, but only with my family or my friends (and none of them would ever want to go there).

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-29-2019 at 07:28 AM..