Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
AI that sounds like a very valid system...but I asked some guy that would know if this is possible or not if it would be possible to do this, and he said "probably not" since like Helix said, it would be unfair to determine who can enter and who doesn't.
I guess you misunderstood me . That's pretty much what I said was that we shouldn't determine who can enter and who doesn't as it wouldn't be fair. Everyone with a membership would be allowed in until they started causing too many problems there. If they caused too many problems and were disrespectful, then they would get banned from the private forum until further notice. The "bad seeds" would pretty much sort themselves out. Anyway, it's just me throwing ideas out there and trying to contribute to the idea a bit.

However, the more that I've thought about this, while it isn't exactly a bad idea, I don't really know if the private forum would be necessary if the basic rules of topics and discussions were the same as the main forum. It would essentially be the same as the forums now except people wouldn't be able to view them without being logged in. It's the internet. People are going to have different views on things and get heated whether we like it or not. Isn't that part of the point of a forum though, to discuss, debate, and share ideas and views with other people. When things get out of hand, the mods sort it out. The private forum would essentially be the same unless certain rules were bent, changed, or added. Even if people can be banned from the private forums, yet still be able to fully participate in the rest of the forums, there will still be hard feelings for such a thing happening and fights could and most likely would still push on. The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point. (again, just throwing ideas out there a little bit)

Tags
forum, suggestion box