Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2019, 03:38 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with the choice of store nor with sending a certificate or any other kind of gift. My concern is that the gift--whatever that is--gets to Alizee and not into a stranger's pocket.

If the store keeper handed Alizee the gift, I agree that would be more personal and, frankly, more pleasing to me. So there is a condition in which I would agree to the original plan. If the woman at the store would email us a photo of her handing the gift to Alizee, I would find that acceptable. I'm not confident, however, that Alizee would agree to pose for such a photo.

It makes no sense to send something into the abyss and hope for the best, knowing you will never discover the results of you effort.

Last edited by Shepherd; 11-29-2019 at 07:41 AM..
Old 11-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So there is a condition in which I would agree to the original plan. If the woman at the store would email us a photo of her handing the gift to Alizee, I would find that acceptable. I'm not confident, however, that Alizee would agree to pose for such a photo.

Though it would be nice to have such a photo, I think that asking for that kind of proof would be perceived as offensive by Joanna. Both Scruffy and CleverCowboy have had personal contact with the people involved with this effort, and that is enough for me to feel very confident that all will be handled properly.

As I mentioned before, sending off a money order or other gift to the studio would be much less personal, as well as far more likely to result in our not hearing anything more. Having a specific contact at the store--as we now do, thanks to CleverCowboy--who will personally arrange for Alizée to receive the card and gift certificate is far more secure, personal, and altogether more satisfactory than any other way of arranging to deliver this gift. It also makes it more likely that we will receive feedback about Alizée's receipt of--and reaction to--the gift.

Scruffy's complete faith (even to the point of guaranteeing that this is legitimate!) in both Blanche and Joanna is enough for me. I think we are extremely fortunate that Scruffy and CleverCowboy have been able to successfully connect with people who know Alizée and her family and are willing to contact them directly. I can't think of a better way to handle the delivery of this gift, short of someone taking a trip to Ajaccio!