Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2007, 06:11 AM

josh982 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh View Post
its a bad idea josh... consuming enery for about 7 min is not so good, it will not help in global warming... as global is caused by climatic change and change in the temperature... it is caused due to warming by the addition of green house gases such as CO2, the initial warming by these gases will cause more water to be evaporated into the atmosphere..... this causes still more warming, the warming causes more water vapor to be evaporated, and is reached with a much larger greenhouse effect than that due to CO2 alone.

steps to overcome the global warming
this will help a lot to reduce the global warming!

1. Stop using the familiar incandescent light bulbs and replace them with compact fluorescent bulbs, which last much longer and use only a quarter of the energy consumed by conventional bulbs.

2. Save fuel - Use less gas with your current car
3.In summer, keep shades drawn to keep the cool in.
4.In winter, open shades to let the sunlight to help warm rooms.
5.Install a programmable thermostat to heat and cool rooms only when necessary.

6. Plant trees around your house to cut cooling costs in summer.

7.Insulate your walls and ceilings.
8.Install a light-colored or reflective roof.

this will help you to control the global warming.... but as josh earlier said that consuming light for 7 does not leads to control global warming its just for some moment... but the step given above will help u a lot!

"If you lose touch with nature you lose touch with humanity"

"save the world"
thanks for your advice ill keep them in mind and thanks to all who answer
Old 07-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

If you don't mind some language this guy has an interesting view about global warming an other things to do with the earth:
http://www.armageddononline.org/content/view/90/2/

As the guy in that video said "the planet is fine, the people are f*ck*d."

And this was written by an australian scientist:

Top scientist debunks global warming
June 23, 2007

MANKIND is naive to think it can influence climate change, according to a prize-winning Australian geologist.

Solar activity is a greater driver of climate change than man-made carbon dioxide, argues Ian Plimer, Professor of Mining Geology at the University of Adelaide and winner of several notable science prizes.

“When meteorologists can change the weather then we can start to think about humans changing climate,” Prof Plimer said. “I think we really are a little bit naive to think we can change astronomical and solar processes.”

Last edited by Tye; 07-25-2007 at 02:27 PM..
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
espire is right. The earth is tough. If it can survive an astroid impact that wipped out all the dinosaurs, and almost all life then it can survive the supposed effects of the supposed global warming that is supposedly happening.
Well, that's not what espire said, Tye. And about what he said -- that global warming isn't happening and/or human agency is not responsible for it -- he's wrong.

As for what you just said, sure, the earth will survive global warming (it survived just fine before all that carbon was sequestered, when it was even warmer than it's projected to get), but that doesn't mean that we, and our civilization, will survive.

As for the factual so-called "issues" of AGW, be sure you're consulting only peer-reviewed literature of climate science in making up your mind, because a lot of the stuff you find on the Net and in the media consists of bought-and-paid-for fossil-fuel industry propaganda. Some very rich people's oxen are getting gored here, and so extra care is needed as to sources. Truth is, within the climate-science community, there's no longer much issue at all, except about the niggling details.

Quote:
We are a small speck in the earth's history, and just like the dinosaurs, we will be gone one day and the earth will function just fine until and when the next dominant species comes along.
Now this is something I've thought about quite a lot. Let's regard the planetary biosphere as a single self-regulating organism for a moment, and consider what purpose (or perhaps pseudo-purpose -- I don't actually believe in ID) could be served by an intelligent, tool-using species such as ourselves.

If the planet is a single organism, might it not want to protect itself against those asteroid strikes that have done such damage in the past? Also, might it not need to reproduce itself? And the only way that could happen is by terraforming other planets and transplanting the earth's biosphere to those planets, allowing it to go on living after the solar system becomes uninhabitable, which it will someday.

A species like ours is the only way to do either of those things. So the extinction of humanity isn't the end of the world, no, but it is a setback, requiring the evolution of a replacement from one of the candidate species that survives the mass extinction that kills us. Better than having a failed guardian species mess up the earth, but not as good as having that guardian species become a success.

So even from an earth-worshiping unselfish perspective, dealing with global warming (and with asteroid collisions) is still a good thing.

BTW nobody can fix a date for the next major asteroid collisions. What Corey said is probably the way to bet, but it's not certain.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Deepwaters, the problem is that regardless of whether or not global warming is happening, it's not happening fast enough that we have reason to care. As I said before, we have to stop our pollution because breathing in the air will kill us, not greenhouse gases causing floods.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats amazazazing View Post
people seem to forget how vast the universe is, even our solar system

a meteor destroying earth in our life time, or even our children's lifetime, and their children's, isn't going to happen ^_^
That is not exactly true. Most meteoroids are never detected by our scientists. In fact most are discovered after they pass. In 2004, I think, a meteoroid passed within 100,000 km of earth and was only seen 4 days in advance. The sad odds are there could be a meteoroid on a direct path to earth and we may not detect until a couple of days in advance.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Deepwaters, the problem is that regardless of whether or not global warming is happening, it's not happening fast enough that we have reason to care.
Where are you getting this from, Espire? There isn't a serious climate scientist on the planet at this point who would agree with you.

Edit: Unless you mean we're in quicker trouble from other environmental problems? That's probably true, starting with the oil peak and following oil shortages. And a lot of the same approaches are good for all of the problems: improved efficiency, and turning to other energy sources.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Well, that's not what espire said, Tye. And about what he said -- that global warming isn't happening and/or human agency is not responsible for it -- he's wrong.

As for what you just said, sure, the earth will survive global warming (it survived just fine before all that carbon was sequestered, when it was even warmer than it's projected to get), but that doesn't mean that we, and our civilization, will survive.
This is what I hate about people who say "lets save the earth". They don't care about the earth, they care about themselves. Like that comedian said
"90% of all life that has lived on earth is extinct. Did we do it? No."

Which do you care about Earth or yourself? Because if your goal is to save the earth then you don't need to worry about anything. It can fight it's own battles. It has been dealing with volcanoes, floods, storms, and other cataclysmic and astronomic calamaties for 4.5 billion years. Do you really think 200 years of gas is going to kill it.

If your goal is to save the human race. Well, get over yourself, because for people who care so much about the human race why do we still have nuclear bombs and war? Humans will destroy each other long before the earth destroys us. Humans need to stop being so self righteous. Most people fight "global warming" because it makes them feel good. Guess what the earth doesn't care, it isn't alive with a mind of its own, and it isn't going to give you pat on the back for helping it with something it doesn't need help with. Everything we use and build and create comes from the earth. Since it came from the earth doesn't it beg to reason that the earth can take whatever it dishes out.

I am not going to waste time fighting global warming to save the human race until the human race starts acting more responsibel. Since that isn't going to happen anytime soon we screwed no matter how you look at it. Like I said the human race will destroy it's self long before global warming.

Please to everyone here, don't think any less of me because I don't believe in global warming. I still love being a part of this community, and despite the fact that my views don't meet yours please don't think any less of me because I still love talking to all of you. I hope what I have said in here is not going to make anyone in this thread think any less of me. Once again I am sorry if I have upset anyone that wasn't my goal.

Plus, this is a neat little piece of software:http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/science...ste-flash.html

It simulates the effects and fall out of what would happen if we were hit by different sized asteroids. It is pretty cool.

Last edited by Tye; 07-25-2007 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh982 View Post
well i received an e-mail with a really good proposal about the global warming
ill write the main idea because as you can see im not really good with my english:
this proposal reborns from caracas

ON SATURDAY, THE 11TH OF AUGUST of 2007, from 19:53 to 20:HRSwe have to turn off the lights of or homes,to give a breath to our planet the earth.
Nothing wrong with being energy concious. On the other hand.....

As for myself, on August 11th, I'll be at the FedEx Field in Washington, DC (actually, it's in Maryland, but...oh well) ALL DAY making my contribution to global warming by expending high octane gas, generating all kinds of heat, and burning rubber at Chevy's RevItUp event. And if I'm good enough in the Cobalt, I'll get to do it at night in the Corvette. And if I'm better than the best (unlikely, as there will be many professional drivers in the event), I'll win a 2008 Corvette.

But I'll defintely have fun, to include riding shotgun in a Z06 (7 Liter, 550 horses) while a pro driver runs it through the time trial.

www.revitup.com
Old 07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Which do you care about Earth or yourself?
Well, both, of course! But as you say, the earth isn't in immediate danger, or anyway not fatal danger. So the more urgent concern is myself, my descendants, and the civilization of which I'm a part.

Quote:
I am not going to waste time fighting global warming to save the human race until the human race starts acting more responsibel.
Since fighting global warming is a part of "acting more responsible," what you're really saying is that you are not going to act more responsible yourself until everyone else does. And if everyone takes that attitude, then yes, we're screwed.

But I'm not prepared to give up just yet.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you don't mind some language this guy has an interesting view about global warming an other things to do with the earth:
http://www.armageddononline.org/content/view/90/2/

As the guy in that video said "the planet is fine, the people are f*ck*d."

And this was written by an australian scientist:

Top scientist debunks global warming
June 23, 2007

MANKIND is naive to think it can influence climate change, according to a prize-winning Australian geologist.

Solar activity is a greater driver of climate change than man-made carbon dioxide, argues Ian Plimer, Professor of Mining Geology at the University of Adelaide and winner of several notable science prizes.

“When meteorologists can change the weather then we can start to think about humans changing climate,” Prof Plimer said. “I think we really are a little bit naive to think we can change astronomical and solar processes.”

that "guy" is george carlin, probably the greatest comedian to ever live.